Long Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar, The Great Game

Although Fain is dead I vote to continue our plan to rotate who we elect as mayor. Not that I don't trust Wilson, but it will keep any df who gains office from gaining the extra vote for more than one turn.

Also thanks to New One for the profile pic.

I agree on rotating the mayoral position. I vote Ralv to be the mayor for this next cycle. He is a cunning player and can help us if he turns out good.

Dellan is beginning to ease out of my suspicions, but not all the way. Trimat is one who has been pretty quiet overall. That's where my vote is going for now.

Edited by Mailliw73

I've been quiet because truth be told, I have NO IDEA what's going on... NO IDEA. If somebody wants to send me a PM with instructions and summaries and stuff, I would be much obliged.

Edit: blue and the editor is stupid

Edited by Ashiok

GM request: Gamma, can you please edit the OP in the full game thread so that the links to specific Days/Nights bring us to the post? They no longer work now that the threads have been merged. Thanks! :)

I intend to wait to place my vote/s until I have had the time to analyze thoroughly.

I believe Trimat. He's playing much like Jain was. I don't think he's a darkfriend. We keep thinking inside the box, eliminating those on the fringes. I think we need to start looking for bad guys in the core group. It's all good and well that you guys seem to trust each other, but where's our proof?

There would not be an adequate way to prove someone's trustworthiness in the open thread like this without also giving the DF vital information that would help them identify people they would like to eliminate. I can assure you though we are not sitting idly by accusing people without also making strides to positively confirm the members of our own group. There is an example of someone proving themselves to not be a DF in the writeup from last night. That is not the only person who has proven to be without a doubt on the good side.

For those that we have not yet been able to fully confirm as villager or DF, our decision to trust them at least partially is based on quite a bit of discourse and mutual strategizing (one of my pm groups has nearly 400 replies at this point). We have a great deal of information to base our decisions to either trust someone or distrust someone on. Obviously, that is not full proof but as I said we are working to positively confirm all members. It will take a cycle or two for that though.

For those people who are, as you say, on the fringes, we have next to no real information to test their loyalty against other than the few posts in the main thread. So, yes, we are going to be far more suspicious of people who have provided us with no information to base decisions on compared to people who have participated in many discussion and have offered up many strategies and tips that are counterproductive to the DF's goals.

Just to double-check: kills happen before corruptions, so Kaim had not corrupted anyone (despite mashadar showing up), correct?

With Fain removed so early, trust is a lot easier to maintain once earned. Anyone who held off networking for that reason can now 'safely' discuss. I am in favour of using a hub of coordinators as has been proposed - while including a DF is more likely, it will significantly reduce the damage they can do with the information, and I feel collective organisation will do more to aid the villagers than that power will help the DF.

Also (credit to Kaim for this bit of logic): Forsaken was active last night, but not the first night. That suggests s/he was expecting to get scanned on the first night.

For the clarification check, Douza, you are correct. Since Fain's Corruptions happen last on the Stack, if he died, he was not able to perform any corruptions that night.

Edit: Links have been fixed in the OP.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Unless she was traveling, Khamsi had never been a morning person. There was never a need to be. Entertainers such as herself made their livings in the afternoons, evenings, and into the darkest hours of night. The mere idea of rising with the sun was abhorrent, especially if a soft bed and an additional warm body was entered into the equation. Unfortunately, only the former was present now.

What was fortunate was, when Khamsi sprang to a sudden and almost violent wakefulness, there was no one to accidentally knock out of bed.

For a solid minute, she stared, unblinking, at the open window across from her. A bird fluttered outside, singing a song of the morning, but she paid it no mind. She barely noticed the morning itself. Her eyes glazed over slightly, looking inward. An idea, the barest seed, was forming in her mind; she knew not where it originated, nor even yet what it was.

Except that it was beautiful.

All but leaping out of bed, Khamsi shed her shift and pulled on a clean one. Giving herself a quick look-over and saucy wink in the mirror, she dressed in a clean pair of breeches and a fresh tunic before donning her patchwork cloak. Her mind was spinning as she worked through the idea, barely noticing the walk from her chambers to the common room.

The world seemed to turn into a blur as she walked through the kitchen and into the pantry. A grin spread across her face as she examined the stock. Collecting everything she needed, she pushed the door shut with a swing of her hip and got to work.

She sang softly to herself as she mixed and sifted and stirred, the music bringing a semblance of reality to the otherworldliness of her current state of mind. Cooking was not a specific talent she had, although she did well enough to feed herself. If this turned out to work, though, she would have to give it to Rishi and see what someone who knew what they were doing in the kitchen could concoct.

The song was an old one, although since arriving in the village, Khamsi had been reworking the lyrics for her own amusement, replacing the characters in the verses with members of the populace.

"Give me your trust, said the seller of dirt,

I don't know much, but how could it hurt?

Trust in my product to be soily and dark

And I will assure this is not a lark

But trust is the color of blood-stained earth,

Trust is the color of what mud is worth,

Trust is the color of a soul's last breath,

Trust is the color of death..."

Eggs cracked. Flour coated her arms to the elbows, the sleeves her beautiful cloak pushed as high as they could go.

"Give me your trust, said the horse at her post

On my back you can swagger and boast

Trust in my stride and speed above par

And I promise you shall journey far

But trust is the sound of wolves in the night,

Trust is the sound of a broken hoof's plight,

Trust is the sound of a soul's last breath,

Trust is the sound of death"

The fires lit, burning hot and bringing beads of sweat to her brow. She frowned for a moment, staring off into nothing, then darting into the store room. A broad grin split her face as she returned, and got back to work.

"Give me your trust, said the fool in his guise,

For behind it all you will find I am wise

Trust me to smile and to share and to give

And I can assure that you will live

But trust is the scent of the gorging crows,

Trust is the scent of battlefield woes,

Trust is the scent of a soul's last breath,

Trust is the scent of death."

She caught her breath as she waited, idly trying to work out whom she should use for 'the taste of death.' That thought brought a smirk to her face; the taste of death would be the last thing on anyone's minds if her vision proved true. She put that unfinished verse from her mind and moved to the last, which was her personal favorite.

"Give me your trust, she said singing this song,

I'm so cute and clever you cannot go wrong,

Trust my stories, my fiddle, my flips,

(And please do include some generous tips)

Because trust is the touch of a warm inn's fire,

Trust is the touch thrumming strings on a lyre,

Trust is the touch of a soul without strife,

Trust is the touch of life."

Sure, it shifted the meaning of the song, but in such dreadful times, didn't the people need hope?

Khamis let out a small cry of glee as she beheld the results of her endeavor. With a shaking hand, she cut into one of the squares, the section separating with little effort. She brought it to her mouth and with a moment of hesitation, took a bite.

Tears nearly filled her eyes. It was beyond what she had ever imagined. It wasn't perfect - a little butter, something sweet, maybe sliced fruit of some kind... But that was for another time. Right now, she felt touched by The Creator himself.

A sound at the doorway broke her from the spell, and she turned to find Rishi staring at her.

"Mistress...?" The maid asked.

"Rishi, darling," she said, crossing the room in a flash and holding the plate to her. She smiled warmly, wondering briefly why the girl took a step back at the expression. "Smell. Taste. Love."

The girl stared at her for a moment before slowly taking a small piece for herself. As she chewed, a wonder filled her face, and they shared a gaze in which no words need be spoken.

With a bounce of joy, Khamsi rushed from kitchen and out into the streets of Drell's Crossing. Tumbling and flipping through the throng of people, unthinking of why there was a crowd so early in the morning. "Villagers! Come one, come all!" Her voice shifted into her stage tone, commanding the ears of all around her. "I have created something new and wondrous and delicious! My waffles shall put the town on the map and bring Light and prosperity to all!" She didn't know where the name came from. 

She just knew that it sounded right.

Then she saw the body on the ground. No... bodies. Plural. "Light," she whispered, the color draining from her face, "more?" She stepped closer, taking a moment to remember the faces of the men on the ground.

In the back of her mind, she realized she would have to change the first verse now.

Khamsi has created waffles and written new lyrics to a classic song. But she has yet to rename the inn...

Edit: to fix Rishi not actually staying at the inn that night before.

There's always space for waffles. :D

That was AWESOME writing, Shiv. And the song was inspiring.

----

Following in Mistress Khamsi's footsteps, she stared at what was causing the commotion outside. The Domani had spoken to her last night before she went home and though she was still uneasy about the profession the woman chose, her running of the inn was firmly established. She agreed to call the woman Mistress Khamsi beginning today.

If there was any doubt in her mind that the gleewoman was capable, it was all erased in a matter of seconds as she tasted the concoction she made. Rishi would call that dish Delight if it was up to her, but she heard her Mistress call it something else. Waffles. Yes, that was the word. It fit. Her unerring tastebuds cleaved to the name and she had to control herself from going back to the kitchen and making more.

First things first.

Outside, though it was morning, the sunlight was dimmed by dark clouds, like threatening rain. The village folk was hushed today, somehow collectively realizing that noise and panic will not do. Even Mistress Khamsi, upon realizing what happened, did not rouse anyone. Her joy and happiness at her creation, no, at the Creator's gift, was wiped out, and she turned around slowly, looked at Rishi, and threaded through the crowd towards her, with a dazed expression on her face.

"All dead.", she whispered, almost unbelievingly and Rishi assisted the tall woman and helped her get back into the inn. As she fetched her some tea, she contemplated on the events of the night.

She was hardy. And counted herself lucky. Everyday that she lives to take care of her little brothers is Light's Blessing. But inside, where she was most vulnerable, her heart was pounding, and she wanted to up and leave. Her instincts are telling her to run. Take her little brothers and get out of here, while there is still time.

EDIT: A change request. Rishi went home to her brothers last night so wasn't in any of the inn's chambers. She would be in quite early though, as is her wont.

EDIT: RP post (sorry GM I know you said no major changes, but I can't double post)

Edited by Quitecontrary

Oh my STORMS! Waffles!? I want in!

Trimat heard that strange gleewoman yelling something about delicious. Hmm... Delicious? I haven't had food in a week. I bet she's giving out samples of food! I gotta get on that, and fast!

He ran over to the inn, but as he did so, he tripped on something, and went flying. Bodies? why are there bodies in the middle of the road? That's a fire hazard!

He walked a little further and saw Jim Bob Dirt's remains, little though they may have been. Blood and Bloody Ashes! I've never seen anything like this. My fellow salesman, what happened to you?

As he got closer to the inn, he saw Kaim's charred remains. In his pocket, a marvelous Panda Ter'angreal thingy. You were a friend, but I heard that you were evil.I'll be taking that Panda off your hands.

Trimat could have sworn that he saw the panda look at him and widen his mouth slit in a facsimile of a smile.

Alright, here's the inn. I'm going to get some food, and hopefully a new job!

He knocked on the door

"Khasmi? I believe that we have a customer or a perspective employee." Rishi said. "Come on in then."

Blast. I was hoping you'd run with the idea that the fire had destroyed the panda.....Especially since now I'm insanely paranoid that it contains the evil of Mashadar.....But I should've known you'd run and take it. I can genuinely say that I don't want that thing anywhere near me. Seriously. Mashadar pandas is a terrifying idea: case in point. The gif stops because they ate his face. And that's what Jain's toy panda is going to do now. It was bad enough before. But with mashadar inside it? Light help us all. The Creator shelter us because we are dead.

I didn't see any panda eating anybody's face. Also, the Panda is a dreamwalky Ter'angreal, no?

Did you click the link? There was a gif I linked. There be pandas eating faces in it.....well. Not really. But once you get the idea of evil Mashadar pandas in your head, it doesn't come out.

I can believe it would be dreamwalky, but I'm fairly certain it's not a ter'angreal. And the fact that it's dreamwalky makes it worse. So, so much worse. Because if it's dreamwalky and infected with the evil of Mashadar, does that mean it can corrupt you in your dreams? Nowhere is safe from it. Fact.

Why would you be wary of people voting for themselves?  Only the darkfriends and the aura viewer know for sure who their allies are.  Since I am neither, I will vote for myself.  

Edit: although I would be willing to change my vote to Awesomeness because I am confident that he is a good guy.  

Edited by New One

I've been quiet because truth be told, I have NO IDEA what's going on... NO IDEA. If somebody wants to send me a PM with instructions and summaries and stuff, I would be much obliged.

Edit: blue and the editor is stupid

Fine. For now, I'll accept that. But it won't last long. Did you not see Wilson's plan for contacting one of the five? If you do that, I bet you could get some more info. I'm changing my vote from Trimat to Bunnt. Nothing he has done feels right to me. 

Newan: Vary may have been a little strong word. But I rather support someone who is nominated by someone else than someone who is nominated by someone else.

Mail: I do simply not know what to say to that.

Edit: Blue

Edited by Binnut

What exactly makes me so suspicious? I mean, LOOK at the cuteness that is my profile picture. LOOK AT IT! I PMed wilson in the beginning w/ my suspicions, and got NOTHING back. Why should I contribute anything to a group that I have given to, and have yet to receive anything but suspicion from?

Dellan. Can't really say why but something feels off about him.  He also cast the tie breaking vote by flipping a coin.

I cast half my votes in these games by flipping a coin. Sometimes when you're unsure, I find it best to just leave things to chance and see where they fall. Dovie'andi se tovya saigain.

Like right now, I have absolutely no idea who to vote for. And so, I'm going to... wait. And watch.

What exactly makes me so suspicious? I mean, LOOK at the cuteness that is my profile picture. LOOK AT IT! I PMed wilson in the beginning w/ my suspicions, and got NOTHING back. Why should I contribute anything to a group that I have given to, and have yet to receive anything but suspicion from?

That's not a completely accurate assessment. I can't speak for why Wilson didn't get a response to your suspicions but you most definitely had discussions with our group. You were part of one with Kaim that, from what I can tell from his reports on them, were not minimal. Yes, he turned out to be Fain but that doesn't change the fact that we were communicating with you through him. You were not being ignored.