Long Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar, The Great Game

My problem with a Wounded Gazelle, more seriously speaking, is this: and this is just going to be me speaking from my recent (painful :P) experience on Team Evil in Game 5 (as a Ghostblood.) First, you want to rack up the kills, crudely put. You want to disable the Dreamwalker, and take out roles critical to the village, like the Wisdom, killing roles like the Wolf-Brother--and the Channeller. I'm interested to see there's only one kill on the first night, but this is exactly what doesn't make sense to me. I think it's reasonable to assume Team Evil is decently competent. Just as much as we are. So, let me list down the reasons a Wounded Gazelle sacrifices far more than expected returns.

1. Our current reactions say it all. The immediate question that came up, courtesy of Joe was: "Is this a Wounded Gazelle gambit?" The fact was, it was chancy that we'd have accepted it at all as indication Awes could be trusted. (But, you might say, the fact that most of us are rejecting the gambit--mightn't that indicate it is an acceptable risk?) Fair enough. Let me go on.

2. I've already said you want to rack up the kills as a Team Evil player. For one, every night cycle you delay your kill is another cycle in which the village is free to set up circles of trust, to start checking for inconsistencies, to start using their roles strategically to verify and to hunt you down. Trust is a depreciating resource in this game if you're Evil. Sacrificing that to put yourself in an uncertain position with no guarantee you'd be given the trust you want? Uh... (Note as well Wilson's response: the last successful time this was deployed (Game 2, I believe), the person in question had three lives.)

3. What would be mitigating factors? Using one kill on an Evil player and the other on a villager. Have we seen this? No. There is only one night kill. I believe that tells us something too, but I'm not going to go into that right now. I brought up Game 5 several times. Please try not to hold it against me; it was my formative experience in learning how to play these games :P

4. Now, here's another potential mitigating factor: if whatever blocks the kill is a renewable resource. Except it isn't. As Grey has already pointed out, unless you're best friends with a Wisdom (I grant that the role isn't Village-only), doing a WG either wastes the only extra life of an Aiel-blooded, or a precious Channeller weave. Here's why this is important: as I said before, trust decays over time. By the end of the game, having that extra life, that extra weave to block a Villager counter-strike on you is very crucial.

5. Here is the last reason I believe it isn't a WG. As I've said, and will say again, Game 5 was my first game, and I was thrown into Team Evil. To some extent, my expectations on the tactics Team Evil (DFs here) will employ have been shaped by that game. Shaped as well by tactics that Awes has employed as an evil player. This will not be apodictic certainty, and people shift playstyles, but I did propose us trying a WG in that game. Awes was the person who shot me down and told me not to waste the kill. Make of that what you will.

The short of it is, I think we finally do have confirmation of at least one player. I don't want to see us waste it, and I want us to get on with business proper. In particular, I want to see an explanation from lev about why he did what he did. I will agree with Newan that an aggressive attitude towards lynching from Day One doesn't necessarily make you evil. It could be a matter of playstyle. But I will also say that unless we're dealing with a very passive evil team here, Team Evil generally wants lynches to go through. And lynches that come late in the day, after we've had some information gleaned? I'd say that even if they don't immediately call for a lynching, they'd cry out for explanation. And I'm going to wait to hear what it is.

P.S. I may or may not be trying to move discussion along because I have a camp and therefore limited/intermittent internet access tomorrow :P I will not be able to be as active in the discussion, therefore, and am trying to be amply helpful now.

Edit: Colour :( Editor, why have you betrayed me?
Edit 2: Reason isn't sufficient? Fine. Go scan him. For goodness' sake, this isn't much of a gambit if all it takes is for the Viewer to take a peek at him tonight. For whatever reason, Fain hasn't yet struck. Let's use this and take down some DFs. Fighting!

Edited by Kasimir

I find it very interesting that the forsaken didn't use their kill.  The first night is the best chance they would've had to take out someone and get away with it.  The odds of being spied on were at their lowest so there is very little reason not to take the kill.

On top of this, as far as we know Fain didn't try to convert anyone also when the odds were in his favour.  I know that if I was Fain I would've tried to convert someone on the first night, as numbers will help down the line as well as the chance of getting someone into the DF camp.

As such I am going to vote for Lam (Leonardus) as he didn't log on at all during the night phase and I think that either Fain or the Forsaken is currently inactive.  Our ever beloved Jim Bob Dirt is the only other one that hasn't logged in lately.  He was active for the first 12 hours then went dark.

Yes I know that voting for an inactive as well as voting early is out of character for me and will raise my suspicion level but it needed to be said.

I'm going to vote to kill Lam because he suggested lynching me, then never explained why.  

The fact that he wasn't online during the night means he's either operating from a doc, or he's going inactive.  

edit: colors

Edited by New One

I log on this morning to find no one dead. Wow. This is starting to turn out like Game 5. What's more, I'm accused again for abstinence. I would laugh so hard if I died AGAIN on the 4th day for the 3rd time.

For once, however, I will cast a vote. Lam, congratulations on being the first person I have ever publicly voted (QF 2 used PMs for voting). Why? You were inactive in night cycle (and a bit of the Day Cycle, I think), and no one was corrupted. Unless you're being framed, I find you highly suspicious.

I am suspicious that both Dreamwalkers are in contact. The first message says that there's only one female Dreamwalker, yet there's another (troll) Dreamwalker message. Unless this is a coincidence, I find that a little too connected, since both are troll messages.

(Hmm... can't think of a RP)

At the moment, I’m still deciding who I feel strongest about voting to lynch so I’ll hold off on that for now. As for the events of last night, you can either believe I’m playing the lame duck as has been suggested or you can believe I was legitimately attacked last night which would mean I am not team evil or Fain. 

While I don't think you're a DF, I think you need to clarify a point: you can't both claim to have been saved by the Wisdom and claim not to be Fain. The fact you were saved by the Wisdom doesn't tell anything about you not being Fain.

Overall, I find it unlikely anyone saved Waes. Plus, the OP of the game says Air would have been revealed in the write-up. So that's actually not even a possibility, I now realize, unless I misread the post and it will only be revealed that someone was saved by Air, not that it was used. But I don't think that is what was meant. Clarification would be nice.

Would you mind expanding on this? I actually think Waes made a great first night target for the wisdom, he was the second most voted player for mayor, an experienced player, and he has successful in duping more than one game (I just read game 5, but I gather he's been among the bad in just about every game so far). So by law of large numbers he has to be a good guy eventually. (I grant we don't have a huge sample, yet)

2. I've already said you want to rack up the kills as a Team Evil player. For one, every night cycle you delay your kill is another cycle in which the village is free to set up circles of trust, to start checking for inconsistencies, to start using their roles strategically to verify and to hunt you down. Trust is a depreciating resource in this game if you're Evil. Sacrificing that to put yourself in an uncertain position with no guarantee you'd be given the trust you want? Uh... (Note as well Wilson's response: the last successful time this was deployed (Game 2, I believe), the person in question had three lives.)

4. Now, here's another potential mitigating factor: if whatever blocks the kill is a renewable resource. Except it isn't. As Grey has already pointed out, unless you're best friends with a Wisdom (I grant that the role isn't Village-only), doing a WG either wastes the only extra life of an Aiel-blooded, or a precious Channeller weave. Here's why this is important: as I said before, trust decays over time. By the end of the game, having that extra life, that extra weave to block a Villager counter-strike on you is very crucial.

5. Here is the last reason I believe it isn't a WG. As I've said, and will say again, Game 5 was my first game, and I was thrown into Team Evil. To some extent, my expectations on the tactics Team Evil (DFs here) will employ have been shaped by that game. Shaped as well by tactics that Awes has employed as an evil player. This will not be apodictic certainty, and people shift playstyles, but I did propose us trying a WG in that game. Awes was the person who shot me down and told me not to waste the kill. Make of that what you will.

I have a feeling though, that DFs are going to prove being very genre-savvy this round. The expectations we have don't make a good starting point. In game 5 you had an extra motivation for killing as fast as possible, denying the victim and the team both the objects they owned.

DFs also have a potential extra kill for night should they need it, and they can rely on it til the Forsaken dies. And I would assume they have a Wisdom available until it's proved otherwise (and carefully consider whether it's impossible they have a Channeler).

It's unfortunate that Joe can't answer this, but throwing the Wounded Gazelle theory in the mix is a great move to muddle the waters, if it's performed maliciously, and besides setting up the discussion he didn't contribute much. I would like to hear him on this more.

I'm also yearning to hear from Lev(Bela), and until him, Panda, New One and Alvron care to explain why 3 votes appeared in short succession defending the first, I'm voting for him. Two out of three that didn't vote on first day, no less! It's by no means definitive, but I'm not going to ignore the Dragon's Mark.

While I don't think you're a DF, I think you need to clarify a point: you can't both claim to have been saved by the Wisdom and claim not to be Fain. The fact you were saved by the Wisdom doesn't tell anything about you not being Fain.

I never once claimed to be saved by the wisdom. It's a possibility (in which case I wouldn't be claiming to not be Fain) but as has been pointed out by others already, having Aiel-blood or protection form earth weaves would explain my survival just as well and having either of those two roles would preclude me from being Fain.

Would you mind expanding on this? I actually think Waes made a great first night target for the wisdom, he was the second most voted player for mayor, an experienced player, and he has successful in duping more than one game (I just read game 5, but I gather he's been among the bad in just about every game so far). So by law of large numbers he has to be a good guy eventually. (I grant we don't have a huge sample, yet)

Game 5 is the only game I have been on team evil. While I would like your law to help me out, I do not believe it would apply.

I'm also yearning to hear from Lev(Bela)and until him, Panda, New One and Alvron care to explain why 3 votes appeared in short succession defending the first, I'm voting for him. Two out of three that didn't vote on first day, no less! It's by no means definitive, but I'm not going to ignore the Dragon's Mark.

I actually found the sudden wave of votes for Lam to be rather odd as well. For the moment I'm going to hold off on voting though. I will be working a 12 hour day tomorrow with no computer access so might not be able to keep track of the game. I don't like making votes when I'm not sure I'll be able to change it before the deadline if need be.

My vote was explained in the post which I made it in.  Why there was two more thrown in soon after , I can't say.  Also I didn't defend Bela.  I simply laid out my thoughts.  Should more votes pile onto Lam without any discussion then I will most likely change mine as the last thing we want is a bandwagon starting up.  As the golden voiced divinity (Meta) has pointed out in other games, 'When votes start piling on someone and no one defends them then there is a good chance that they are innocent, as the spiked will almost always try to deflect votes from one of their own.'

Erik volunteered the common room of the Spruce Thicket as the patrol office by virtue of telling the patrollers to report to him regularly before ensconcing himself in a chair by the hearth. But not facing the hearth. The old Borderlander watched everyone as they moved in and out, listened in silence as they gossiped. Every time one of the patrol volunteers stepped through the door, they were greeted with a barked "Report!", and if they hesitated, or tried to speak from across the room, an authoritative gesture to the cleared space before him set things to rights.

Over the course of the morning, the reports were decidedly lack-luster. "Need I explain this again? Do horses tie nooses? I don't care if the horse has a dragon fang painted on it's rump, it still has no fingers. That noose came from a human's hands. Find. Out. Whose." And beyond that, people seemed to think that a man being stabbed in the back qualified the night as being "too quiet", and were off making politics of it. Erik wished once more that he'd spent the coin for a river trip to Arafel.

Too quiet. If you accuse people, as Newan did, people are suspicious. If you defend people from accusations, as Gade did, people are suspicious. If you do neither, as about nine people did, people are suspicious. Welcome to suspicious-ville, everyone.

Not that I'm surprised. After all, I'm suspicious of everyone myself. I will note that I did participate in a minor way to the tactical discussion of the mayor, so I'm not completely silent.

But really, what are you expecting from a player whose prior experience at elimination games consists of Quick Fix 2, which provided next to nothing in terms of strategy for this style of game. I am quiet because I'm not certain what to pay attention to. So I appreciate everyone arguing in the thread here, as it is quite instructive.

Did you know that of the five votes cast on day one, only two people posted during night one (and one only role-played)? In fact, only twelve of the twenty-four surviving players posted. I doubt that means anything, but there it is.

On day three, we are proposing to elect a new mayor. The viewer(s) will have had two nights to have tried finding allies. What think people of suggesting that the viewer(s) scan the newly elected mayor, if they have not already. It could be a way to offset the chance that a Darkfriend or Corrupted gets use of the office, as they should (hopefully) be able to leak their findings out through their circles. This would also aid in using the cast votes to identify other potential allies.

Thoughts?

I read the writeup as Waes surviving because he was tough (Aiel/earth), not because someone specific saved him (wisdom/air). Great Time-Keeping Voice specifically confirmed that Aiel and earth would look the same, which tells me wisdom and air would be noticeably different (from the other two, though not necessarily each other).

Bela's vote was certainly suspicious, but it was an incredibly obvious move and has drawn a great deal of scrutiny. If s/he does turn out to be a Darkfriend, then we may be looking at a largely inexperienced evil team.

Regarding inactivity and Fain/Forsaken, it's possible that they were role-blocked. That would require another Whitecloak, or a Chaneller with enough information to be using their spirit or water weave accurately (on the first night, no less). I also wouldn't be certain about Fain, as it's possible he's waiting for more info before exposing him/herself. But Forsaken definitely should have used his kill. I'll vote Jim Bob Dirt, for the sake of balance.

Also, a Darkfriend dreamwalker seems unlikely to me. Overall PMs seem to benefit the villagers more than the Darkfriends, and the anonymous message...maybe I'm not very imaginative, but its use in manipulation seems restricted. I feel that a Darkfriend dreamwalker would be a liability. With the two messages, there's a substantial difference, not just in message style and content, but also in format. Is it possible the second message came from the Great Time-Keeping Voice and his Trollocs in the speculation doc?

Alright. As of yet, I really haven't been taking this game that seriously, (as a few of you can attest  :P) but now I figure I may as well get started. Whether or not Wes pulled a Wounded Gazelle is rather moot at this point, and if you haven't figured out his game yet, well, I won't spoil the realization for you.  ;)

What does interest me is the fact that the Darkfriends didn't figure it out and either double-tap Wes, or spend their kill elsewhere. This is the only reason I don't fully trust him. This also means that if Wes can be trusted, the Darkfriends are likely somewhat inexperienced or their Forsaken is inactive. (Or a Channeller got really lucky.)

The Darkfriends are still going to want to kill people as quickly as possible. Really, holding back with their Forsaken kill, especially this early in the game, is just plain silly. (No offence Darkfriends.)

There is strategic benefit to Fain waiting to convert, largely because we'll be thrown off by it. Seeing how we have two evil Factions, I would assume their numbers will be rather limited. I'd guess 3-4 Darkfriends, including the Forsaken, and then Fain will be unable to convert more than two-three players. Remember people, Fain can convert players. Your estimates of 1/5 Darkfriends are likely to be incorrect, simply because they aren't the only people working against us. While there will be a couple more than usual, as one Faction lacks a kill, and they will be working against each other as well, five DFs and four plus Corrupted is just too much. Because of this, Fain is going to be very careful with who he/she converts, as there won't be many.

Those votes for Lam are certainly suspicious, but there aren't quite enough for it to be a bandwagon. Yet. I'll be looking pretty close at those though. Especially at Jain's. That reasoning goes against your entire rational from Game Five. While there's no reason for your voting habits to remain static, oftentimes changes like that are influenced by a change of sides.

Over the next little while I plan to go over everything that's been said and done in this game so far, and see what else turns up.

Judging by the sun, Leas had slept far too long. Aching and bleary-eyed, he staggered out of bed. After spending long hours counselling with his seconds and the newly appointed mayor, and then doing his own share on the patrols, he probably should have slept even longer. Not that I have any choice in the matter. Repressing a sigh, he set about his breakfast, taking it as a good sign that no one had barged in with news of a new death. I'm getting too old for this...

Eating as quickly as he could, Leas thought about what he'd have to do. Reports needed to be gathered and analysed, meetings needed to be held, suspicions needed to be voiced, Ralv's... proclivities... needed to be dealt with... Always too much to do in too little time.

Belting on his sword, Leas headed out to the Spruce Thicket. Seeing Erik already sorting through a mountain of papers, he nodded his thanks and went to grab a drink. Thank the Light. One less thing to do today. 

If any of this doesn't make sense, blame it on the fact that it's 1 AM my time. :P

Edited by AonarFaileas

Jaelre: Fair enough. Being heavily based in Game 5, I grant that my argument requires certain assumptions about DF behaviour in order to model it. But here's the thing: I've laid out what I deem to be reasonable assumptions for a Team Evil player in most games. In this game, with a Viewer around, they're sitting on a ticking time bomb even more than in Game 5, where only actions could be detected. If you wish to contest my assumptions, give me a decent model of how Team Evil would then be playing. Don't just tell me without reason that they could be shaking up the boat. If we work with that, it's hard to figure what they're doing. As long as we assume they are reasonably competent, they won't play up just because they're "genre-savvy". Their moves still have to be rational/strategic for people in their position, shaped by the constraints of this game. All the same, I think we've said more than enough about this matter and we really have more important things to worry about, which was my real reason for trying to hit the WG point hard. (Also, I acknowledge I am not good at assessing motivations or gambits, so you could well be right.)

I believe Douza (Twei? Sorry, how should I refer to you as a player?) has also made a decent point about Wisdom action appearing differently. Though, Douza: according to Gamma, the Great GM, all Whitecloak action will be in the write-up although we don't know who they detained or who they are. So at this point in time, I think we have to assume our Whitecloak is dead. You're right about Spirit and Water though.

Aonar: I admit the lack of a double tap surprised me as well. My current theory about this is that the DF making the kill pulled it from someone else (Wilson, perhaps?) and hit Awes when he wasn't supposed to. (My suspicion--and I think you'll figure what I'm getting at--is that the decision was, perhaps, not to hit Awes that night.) This theory only requires one inexperienced DF--the one making the kill. It relies on Gamma's rule clarification, in the post in Day One (I think?) saying that the DFs have to assign someone to make the group kill and that person gets sole discretion over the group kill--whatever they send in is it.

-

Well, that's it from me. I have to head off to camp. I'll see if I can get in any further analysis of the activity here, particularly with regard to the current state of the votes, before placing one.

Edited by Kasimir

With no where else to go, Khamsi had returned to the inn, despite the owner's untimely demise. There had been nowhere else to sleep, and considering that the villagers seemed untrustworthy of even each other at this point, it didn't seem the best course of action to beg a room with one of them.

Besides, the bed she'd slept in before had been so comfy. How could she give that up?

It seemed somehow wrong, though, and as she looked out on the empty common room, she frowned. The Spruce Thicket had not had a large staff to begin with, and it seems with the innkeeper's death, what help had been here had run off.

Running off seemed like a good idea; too bad she had signed that contract with the mayor the day she arrived, after a few too many pints to be able to read properly. Why he had included a clause about defending the village, she had no idea - what could he honestly expect from a gleewoman? Dazzle the Trollocs with juggling? Admittedly, her skills were very impressive, but she could eat fire, not breath it. While there was no way the contract could truly be enforced, especially with the mayor dead, if it got out that she had fled without providing the services she had promised, her reputation would be ruined. She wouldn't be able to perform in an empty field, let alone noble courts.

Shaking her head, she sighed. She was a woman of her word, and would fulfill her contract. Light burn it.

She ran a finger along the duty surface of one table, considering. Her eyes scanned the room again, feeling the emptiness. A place like this should not be empty....

Several moments passed, and then Khamsi nodded sharply. Heading into the back storage room, she rummaged around until she found a large board. Wiping it clean, she gave it a quick inspection, then brought it back up and into the kitchens. She stared at it for another moment, then fetched a piece of worn charcoal from a pocket within her sleeve.

Several minutes later, a new sign hung on the door.

Yes, We're OPEN!

------ Under New Management ------

(Now Hiring! Inquire Within!)

Brushing her hands on her cloak, Khamsi stared at the sprawling calligraphy with pride, admiring the intricate  and flowing design work done along the sides. She could have done more with additional time and materials, but not bad for a quarter hour and a single piece of charcoal.

The Spruce Thicket - she wondered if she was allowed to change the name - was once again open for business. Someone, after all, had to get the townsfolk drunk.

Khamsi has decided to take over the inn, because why not. This should have gone up much earlier, but an unfortunate power outage early this morning and a busy day prevented this. Just pretend this scene took place before the common was commandeered by Erik. I would have made a graphic for the sign, but too much actual paying design work to do at the moment, so just pretend it's super-impressive, k? Khamsi will vote later, if she votes; I just wanted to get this bit of RP up.

Rishi was distraught. This week was really not going well for her. 

After witnessing the Fool become Mayor, and the horse's "pronouncement", Gade's death seemed like an ending to a horribly written comedy. As she saw Gade's body sway in the wind, she backed out slowly and went home to think about what she will do next. These events could mean that the townsfolk have lost their wits and might look in her direction.

Who was Gade's oldest employee after all? She shivered at the thought of what the villagers might accuse her of, when she was just a woman who needed to feed her younger brothers by working double shifts.

She walked back to the Spruce Thicket, after a restless night, and decided right there and then, that she will continue Gade's work. After all, nobody else in this town can run a tavern the way she knows how. People here might think she's just a tavern maid, but Gade has been giving her more and more responsibilities with every year that passes.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw the sign.

Somebody has re-opened the inn. 

She opened the door, looked inside, and saw Khamsi, the gleewoman, sweeping the tavern common room. Not a bad idea, she thought. Two women are better than one.

She approached the Domani woman, and offered her hand, "I believe you will need help running the place. I have been working here for too long to quit now, and I would like to ensure that Gade's hard work in building this place will not go wasted. I would like to run this place with you, if you will permit."

I am at the tail end of my workshop tour this week, and can hopefully devote more time here. I just wanted to let you know I'm still here, before I start going on a 10-hour drive again.

Will vote later when I get back home.

I think the argument about Inactiviy and Fain/Forsaken is a good one, and while I still suspect Bela somewhat, myvote will go on Jim Bob Dirt for the time being since he is as inactive as Lam as Douza pointed out. I may end up changing this vote later.

I'm on my tablet currently so I'm keeping this short. My guess is the colours won't work, but I will fix it later...

Edit: I have never really understood the importance of the anonymous messages that everyone is speaking of, someone care to enlighten me?

Edit: Thank you for the edit Wilson, I was not able to get to my computer for a long time...

Edited by Binnut
fixed color coding

It was always pleasantly surprising to wake up in one's own bed. Much better than an alley or a ditch. Grimlar even remembered all of the details of the previous night! He must be improving. Perhaps today would be the day he went without drink. The inn wouldn't be open, anyways. Perfect. Poor Gade, though.

And, of course, another murder had been attempted. Yet somehow Waes had survived. Grimlar wasn't really surprised someone had gone for the cobbler, who had drawn a lot of attention to himself during the night. The speculation flew, nearly everyone providing his or her opinion on how Waes had survived. But only one thing was sure: No matter how good his shoes were, Waes would not be surviving another attack.

The stress of the whole situation was nearly unbearable. All this, and they hadn't even seen a Trolloc yet. Grimlar felt the need for something to help him get through this.

Right on time, he saw the inn reopened by Khamsi, the gleewoman.

Douza: I'm a little thrown off by the way you threw your vote in randomly like that. Unless I am.missing the connection and just being dense, your vote does not seem to follow very logically from what you said in the rest of the paragraph. And what type of "balance" are you looking for? Your lack of explanation specifically for the vote is a bit strange.

However, I am going to vote for Jim Bob Dirt. My reason: Primarily, his inactivity. He has only made two posts related to this game in any way, and both were pre-game. However, he has been somewhat active on the site. Others have provided the same reasoning against Lam. I am less trustworthy of Jim because of his patterns of activity in past games. Usually he is not the most active player, but he averages at least a post per cycle, and usually a couple. I find his being so inactive this game without any explanation very suspicious. If the Forsaken is inactive, I believe him a better bet.

Still Douza: I disagree about DF Dreamwalkers. First of all, having PMs is useful to Team Evil. It is a great way for them to try to gain extra trust from Villagers. Even though PMs allow the Villagers to conspire without the DFs knowing, they are still useful to them. Plus, use of a lot of PMs can be seen as suspicious. If a Villager does so, it can draw suspicion on them, helping the DFs. Also, a DF Dreamwalker allows them to throw off what the other says and undermine one of the Villagers' avenues of information.

Leas Fel: I must disagree with your rationale on distribution of DFs. Just because there is an additional faction doesn't mean that there should be fewer DFs. The game is not built around how many enemies the Villagers should have. Everyone is working against two other groups, at least if Fain does actually use his role. The Villagers have two enemies who are also working against one another. The game is actually too much in the Villagers' favor if there are only 3-4 DFs. There may be 4, but I doubt it. I hold to my reasoning in my previous post in this thread.

Hmm well it seems everyone wants me dead (again)  :mellow: , and sorry about me going inactive, things were a little bit hectic and I didn't get the chance to log on unfortunately, and in my defense I prefer to sit back and watch what everyone else does. It also seems quite suspicious to me that they want to start lynching people who did nothing because fain didn't act, perhaps fain is being sneaky?

As for who to pick to get lynched I will follow the public and vote for Jim Bob Dirt.

Also New One I think its better to be active rather than getting slaughtered by the dark friends so I read everyone's name and profession and then tried to anticipate who would gamma pick for each role.

Edited by Leonardus

If anybody is wondering, I voted to lynch Lam because I was about to go camping and I wasn't sure when the day would end. I wanted to get a vote in before I left, and I wanted it to be for one of the less active people. Lam, Jim Bob, I don't care. I do still want to hear Lam's explanation as to why he thought everyone should lynch me or Trimat on the first day.

I cast the killing vote because the opportunity to do so was there. In this game people have to die because, as I stated in my earlier post, inaction just helps the dark friend cause. Yes this turned out to be a false hunch, but I still stand by what I said about making kills. 

I realize that my actions right before the closing bell cast suspicion on me. While this is my first game of sanderson elimination, I have played hundreds of games of mafia, and I am experienced enough to know this would be the logical conclusion to draw. If I were a dark friend I would have waited to play my hand until it would benefit team evil more. Team evil also knows that it would not take any great effort to get me lynched and so they are most likely behind my dragon fang. (Altho other villagers may have targeted me as well. I know that at least 2 votes for the dragon fang were put on another player, so at least 3 vanillas voted for me. (I also move that we call good villagers vanillas and df villagers chocolates, or is that too racist?) So ≥3 - vanilla votes for me = # of chocolates out there. )

I apologise if I wasn't clear, Grimlah. My logic was:

• inactivity is suspicious
  • there are two players who are (mostly, since Lam has since posted) inactive
  • one has three votes and the other has no votes
  • => I'll vote for the one with no votes

​I didn't mean to cause a bandwagon, though... Jim Bob Dirt, if you post before the deadline, I'll withdraw my vote.

*Sigh* Well, there's not much to do now but make a List, I suppose. It's not as if my vote can change anything (unless Wilson get's online or several other people vote) so I may as well just document the Bandwagon ahead of time, to show you how badly you've screwed up. (If in fact you have, there's always the chance the DF's aren't speaking up because they're too annoyed with their inactive Forsaken, or Jim's Fain and has no one to speak up for him.)

Bela (4): Dragon's Fang, Joel, Jae, Kaim

Lam (2): Ralv, Newan, Jain

Jim (6): Douza, Binnt, Grimlar, Lam, Jain, Trimat

Jain (5): Leas Fel, Erik, Waes, Witless (x2)

Dellan (1): Malai

...I must say, Jain and Trimat, I can't really comprehend your logic. Groupthink is not a good thing. Jim already had enough votes for a lynch, you had no reason to pile on top when there's no vote manipulating roles this time around. If the Darkfriends feel the need to change the votes, they're going to have to do so publicly. Now, where they might have risked it before, there's no way they will. I think I'm going to look very closely at you two from here on out.

I will vote Jain. (Not that it'll make any difference.)

EDIT: Well, the title is "Listborn," Vron. :P

EDIT 2: Updated with Erik, Malai, Waes, Kaim, and Wilson's votes.

Edited by AonarFaileas

With about 6 3 hours left, here is how the votes currently stand.

Bela - 4 - Dragon Fang, Joel, Jea, Kaim

Lam - 2 - Ralv, Newan, Jain

Jim Bob - 6 - Douza, Binnt, Grimlar, Lam, Jain, Trimat, Khamsi

Jain - 7 - Leas Fei, Erik, Weas, Witless(2), Douza, Dellan

Dellan - 1 - Malai

My first list.

Edit. Blight take you Aonar.  Beating me to the list.

Added votes from Erik, Malai, Weas, Kaim, Witless, Khamsi, Dellan

Edited by Alvron