Legion: Skin Deep Cover Art

WeiryWriter

I like this cover too.

---

Obnoxious thread-hijacking and sidenote: Do we know if a more "normal" hardback is coming out? Just a run-of-the-mill hardback like there was for the first Legion, I mean, rather than a $45 signed/numbered/leatherbound edition.

Weiry, that looks AWESOME. And it really represents how the different aspects all work together, which I don't think Legion's cover did so much. Very cool.

Kurk, I've been wondering the exact same thing.

Edit: From the blog post 

This book will also be released as an ebook and an audiobook, but the only version up for preorder at this time is Subterranean’s gorgeous limited edition. A special bonus for the limited edition readers is that you will also get the ebook version before anyone else.

It looks like not :(

Edited by Delightful

• 4 weeks later...

The first one seems pretty straightforward - the plot will involve a method of storing digital information biochemically or genetically. The cell appears to be a virus - influenza, maybe? The strand in the back might be a strand of hair, which would make the virus something held in the dust, but it might just be a decoration, in which case it's probably an inner infection. What does the data contain? Hard to say, apart from that it's binary.

The second scene suggests a betrayal. The way that the woman looks directly at the viewer, and the way that the gun is held slightly off-centre, suggests both competency and intimacy - she trusts Steven to be reasonable when she's holding the weapon. Her suit isn't ruffled, and they're in an alley, either on some pretence or as a result of her threatening him to make him go there. She seems calm, collected, suggesting that Steven is as well. What does the CAL on the dumpster sticker signify? California jumps to mind.

• 2 months later...

First, let me say I am insanely eager to read this one, and the cover is brilliantly done.

As I read the blurb on Subterranean, I was thinking, This is going to be Awesome

Then I got to this part...

But there’s a catch. The corpse is that of a pioneer in the field of experimental biotechnology, a man whose work concerned the use of the human body as a massive storage device. He may have embedded something in the cells of his now dead body. And that something might be dangerous…

...and the ancient human need to believe that death is not the end.

...and I'm thinking OK, so boilogical warfare? AI? genetic manipulation... Wait. Hold it. PLEEEASE tell me this isn't some zombie spin-off!  *gag*

I supose if anyone could pull it off and make that cleche seem fresh, original, and suspend my disbelief, it would be Sanderson. But still. :wacko:

edited spelling and stuff.

Edited by Lorna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...