Rosharans are Cannibals... Sort of

Darkarma

Nope. Nope nope nope nope NOPE.

Not accepting it. Never. Not at all.

*closes eyes and sticks fingers in his ears* LALALALALALA IT'S BEEF OR PORK OR CHULL OR WHATEVER NOTHING ELSE NOTHING ELSE

Wonder if it tastes like chicken....

I mean, EVERYTHING tastes like chicken, right? Or does it taste like Rosharan chicken?

Man, this is disturbing to think about.  It's the Rosharan version of Soylent Green!

it is possible that, if the people doing the soulcasting aren't paying attention to making a specific kind of meat, it will be human meat.

What's wrong with it? IT's not like it comes from actually butchered humans. from am molecular point of view, there isn't much difference anyway.

it is possible that, if the people doing the soulcasting aren't paying attention to making a specific kind of meat, it will be human meat.

What's wrong with it? IT's not like it comes from actually butchered humans. from am molecular point of view, there isn't much difference anyway.

Just don't feed any to your livestock/pets, or they might acquire dangerous tastes...

Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.  

Where's my Brain Bleach when I need it?  

Unfortunately, this makes a great deal of sense and I am stuck with assuming it to be correct until Word of Brandon says otherwise.  :(

Now.  I seem to be out of Brain Bleach.  Maybe I should reread Mistborn...

Could it be that the blood is human because of the intent.  I just remember that in many other part of his books intent is very important.  Like in WoB where awakening is very dependent of intent.  

This would signify that if someone wanted chicken tasting meat they would get chicken tasting meat that doesn't have to be made up of human.  

I've been putting off viewing this thread for a while now, because I knew it would disturb me somehow.

I managed to upvote you between screams of "WHY?" and rounds of retching. Just barely.

Could it be that the blood is human because of the intent.  I just remember that in many other part of his books intent is very important.  Like in WoB where awakening is very dependent of intent.  

This would signify that if someone wanted chicken tasting meat they would get chicken tasting meat that doesn't have to be made up of human.  

YES. MAKE IT SO. TAKE AN UPVOTE.

"Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.

His soulcast meat, it tasted quite odd.

He served the men on the Shattered Plains, but they should have just stuck with the grains.

He trod a path that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd-the demon ardent of Fleet Street."

I suspect that either ardents/highprinces sell flavored specific meat at a higher price but given that they have chicken already such things would be better sold an even higher price for the real deal.

I doubt they'd have access to cows though, horse meat is another possibility. But the kicker is everyone knows that soulcast meat is a poor substitute... This is why. Trying to soulcast other flavors would be like Jasnah trying to soulcast jam... it ends bad for everyone, especially the ardents.

I think it depends on the perception of the thing you soulcasts view of meat, maybe dirt would think that meat means human meat but air thinks that it's chicken meat. But before reading this thread and thinking about it way too much I always just assumed it was an idealized form of general meat, not animal-specific.

Hey, I don't see why everyone is so upset. People are tasty, especially with barbecue sauce.(But then, everything tastes better with barbecue sauce)  And since soulcast meat didn't originally come from someone it's not murder, so everyone wins. 

Sounds like Fatebreaker's intent is to have his barbecue flavored human so if he soulcast then that is exactly what he would get.  At least he has the barbecue flavoring.   

This thread is enough to make anyone vegetarian.  (Said while eating a steak)