QuestAdventure.org

Welcome to QuestAdventure.org: the world’s largest collection Pure Augmentation RPGs. Here you can fully experience the life of a swashbuckling, dungeon-crawling, worldhopping adventurer.

Now in Version 2.0: Complete overhaul in all aspects, including magical functionality, world generation, account development, and leveling systems. All accounts have been completely reset for this massive new update!

Login

Create Account

History   -   Information

FAQ     -     Customer Service     -    Careers    -     Help

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Spoiler

Your Name: [Legal]
Date of Birth: [Legal]
Gender/Pronouns: [Preferred]
Username:
Race:
Class:
Profile Information:
[Tell us about yourself!]
Stats:

• Strength:
  • Tolerance:
  • Dexterity:
  • Speed:
  • Stealth:
  • Perception:
  • Magic:

Proficiencies:

• Light Armor:
  • Medium Armor:
  • Heavy Armor:
  • Light Weaponry:
  • Medium Weaponry:
  • Heavy Weaponry:
  • Ranged Weaponry:

History

Spoiler

QuestAdventure.org was founded in June 2008 as a joint summer project by best friends fourteen-year-old Cali Kennedy and fifteen-year-old Jordan Hollard. It was a small website accessible only by hyperlink for them and their friends, containing a dozen text-based RPGs that they enjoyed a year or so on. The Quest for the Golden Goblet, The Shrine of Deaxyls, Dragon Eggs, etc… most were high fantasy, each a part of the same world to combine the entirety of the Quests into one grand Adventure.

As time went on and they continued adding TBRPGs to the roster, Kennedy’s uncle from Yahoo!’s administration services convinced her to open the website up to the public for everyone to enjoy. After some cleanup and overhauling, the friends eventually released QuestAdventure to general internet audiences.
Continuation of the Quest Roster (as they called it) led them to designing several overarching Adventures throughout the website, and throughout high school they began garnering more and more site traffic as word of the startup reached ears across the country. Site developers and storywriters alike began to offer their services to the children, and by the time Kennedy and Hollard made it into college (both having made it into MIT’s computer science class of 2015) they had a small team working hard on the the site.

After graduating in 2019 with QuestAdventure as their joint senior project, the friends began to foray into video game design to bring the site to its next stage. Converting the TBRPGs to video game format proved to be extremely successful, and before long the pair were receiving promotions and offers from several investors across the country to effectively transform the passion project into a fully-fledged business by 2022.
Kennedy and Holland married each other a year later, continuing to work on the site throughout the COVID-19 epidemic. They would openly refer to it as “their bady,” as neither were particularly interested in having children of their own. As Virtual Reality technology began to gain traction in the market world, the couple left the maintenance to QuestAdventure’s original site to their assistants and decided to rekindle their old passion for exploring the world of game creation by learning to port the Quests into VR.

In 2032, the couple received a business inquiry from a brand-new startup. The technology promised was known only then as Pure Augmentation, capable of completely drawing a player into the game in every respect by streaming the experience directly into their brain.
In 2034, QuestAdventure released as the first and only PARPG in the world; and by 2035, it had broken every record for any business, website, video game, or even country as the most popular, wealthy, and successful association in history.

Information

Pure Augmentation is capable of fully transporting your senses to the world of QuestAdventure, but similarly can even increase your strengths and weaknesses to truly become a questing adventurer. PA is capable of discerning your own real-life “stats,” and choosing a Race and Class will enhance your capabilities within QuestAdventure.

List of Races for new accounts:

Spoiler

Dwarf 
+Strength
++Tolerance
Elf 
+Speed
+Dexterity
+Magic
Goblin
+Stealth
++Dexterity
Halfling
++Stealth
+Dexterity
Human
+Strength
+Dexterity
Orc
++Strength
+Tolerance
Tiefling
++Magic

List of Classes for new accounts:

Spoiler

Barbarian
+++Strength
+++Heavy Weaponry
Bard
++Light Weaponry
++Magic
++Light Armor
Cleric
++Magic
++Medium Weaponry
++Medium Amor
Druid
+++Magic
+++Perception
Fighter
+++Weapons
+++Armor
Monk
++Strength
++Dexterity
++Speed
Paladin
++Magic
++Heavy Weaponry
++Heavy Armor
Ranger
++Dexterity
++Perception
++Ranged Weaponry
Rogue
+++Stealth
+++Light Weaponry
Sorcerer
++++Magic
++Tolerance

Quest Types and Explanation

Spoiler
  • Public Quests: A database full of quests that reset/replace every day or so, yielding low but consistent results. All players can complete them without limit. Each player receives access to five Public Quests every day, which are listed in their Tome with conditions and rewards.
  • Semi-Public Quests: Many questlines can only begin by talking to certain NPCs or setting off certain triggers. Once begun, the details of the quest are recorded and kept in your Tome. Most are inexhaustible like Public Quests, but some will be removed after a certain number of players have completed them.
  • Exclusive Quests: Single-play quests, often difficult to find or even more difficult to complete. Once a player or group of players completes it, the Quest is erased from the Roster.
  • Private Quests: Players may now post quests of their own to the Roster, selecting the conditions to trigger them (using one of the three formats above) or even limiting which other players can access them in the first place. A Private Quest’s conditions must be determined beforehand, and will be stored in the Roster to automatically fulfil upon completion of the quest. A small fee is charged to post a Private Quest to the Roster.

Balance Patch 2.3.2

Customer Service

Heya! This is OOC Fadran. Usually I’d put the actual RP info in the OP but I didn’t feel like it so here we are. This is a brand-new massively overcomplicated RP of mine for you lovely peoples, based on (or shamelessly stolen from) a mix of Greed Island from HxH, Ready Player One, a few random ideas of mine from years ago, and also a funky dream I had the other night.

Up at the OP you’ll note that this presumed QuestAdventure.org has been completely reworked recently. This is basically my way of justifying everyone having a brand-new account on such a massively influential website—and also how to most effectively introduce some… certain ideas (malicious cackle).

We’ll all be starting at The Nexus once you’ve made a character, which is… just kinda enormous? Just imagine the craziest, most astounding magical city you possibly can. That’s what this place is. Because railroading is a bad idea I’m not going to force any particular storyline on us quite yet, but eventually I have some… certain ideas (malicious cackle)

(Also please don’t let this die immediately. I have some… y’know? You get it).

Btw:

• The Pure Augmentation does register pain, so no official accounts are allowed under the legal age of 16. If a minor is found to be using a forged account, the penalty exacted on their guardian is very strict.
  • The year is 2042

Balance Patch 2.5.1

Careers

Spoiler

Fadran:

Spoiler

Your Name: Edmin Woodhallow
Date of Birth: 04/08/22
Gender/Pronouns: He/Him
Username: Deeno_The_Fourth
Race: Elf
Class: Ranger
Profile Information: I will win this game. I don't even know if it can be won, but I'm set on this and imma do it.
Stats:

• Strength: 
  • Tolerance:
  • Dexterity: +++
  • Speed: +
  • Stealth:
  • Perception: ++
  • Magic: +

Proficiencies:

• Light Armor:
  • Medium Armor:
  • Heavy Armor:
  • Light Weaponry:
  • Medium Weaponry:
  • Heavy Weaponry:
  • Ranged Weaponry: ++

Pyro:

Spoiler

Your Name: Knight Dell
Date of Birth: 12/8/2009
Username: PyroPhile232
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Profile Information: What do I put here?
Stats:

• Strength:+
  • Tolerance:
  • Dexterity:+++
  • Speed:
  • Stealth:
  • Perception:++
  • Magic:

Proficiencies:

• Light Armor:
  • Medium Armor:
  • Heavy Armor:
  • Light Weaponry:
  • Medium Weaponry:
  • Heavy Weaponry:
  • Ranged Weaponry:++

Aspiring Archivist:

Spoiler

Your Name: Eddy Rosentia
Date of Birth: 10/10/23
Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/him)
Username: TuringRose
Race: Elf
Class: Cleric
Profile Information: I am often tired
Stats:

• Strength:
  • Tolerance:
  • Dexterity: +
  • Speed: +
  • Stealth:
  • Perception: +
  • Magic: +++

Proficiencies:

• Light Armor:
  • Medium Armor: ++
  • Heavy Armor:
  • Light Weaponry:
  • Medium Weaponry: ++
  • Heavy Weaponry:
  • Ranged Weaponry: 

As you sign in, the Neuroreceptors flash online and drag you into the virtual world. After only just a few seconds of loading, all your senses and preceptions have been transferred to your character.

You are in The Nexus: the world’s largest chat hub, shopping district, and virtual area ever created.

Your Name: Knight Dell
Date of Birth: 12/8/2019
Username: PyroPhile232
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Profile Information: What do I put here?
Stats:

• Strength:+
  • Tolerance:
  • Dexterity:+++
  • Speed:
  • Stealth:
  • Perception:++
  • Magic:

Proficiencies:

• Light Armor:
  • Medium Armor:
  • Heavy Armor:
  • Light Weaponry:
  • Medium Weaponry:
  • Heavy Weaponry:
  • Ranged Weaponry:++

Edited by PyroPhile
Date change

Alex Greene hummed along to the music playing in his ear as he strapped the PA helmet on, making sure to adjust it so it would fit over his glasses. He wasn't sure whether or not it would matter whether it was comfortable or not- would he still be able to feel his own body while in the virtual world?

"Activate helmet," he commanded Eve.

The helmet is not connected to my system, Eve's disembodied voice spoke into his mind. Would you like me to connect to the helmet, and then activate it?

"Yes," Alex confirmed with a nod. The nod wasn't necessary, but somehow he found himself doing it anyways. Technically speaking, even the vocal command was optional, but leaving it out could create some strange and esoteric bugs. Eve's mental interface wasn't always the most reliable of systems. Alex suspected that this was a hard limit due to the inherent chaos of mental patterns, but then again, he had thought that perfect augmentation was impossible. And look where they were now. 

The helmet requires some routine initial setup, Eve's voice cut in. Would you like me to perform it automatically?

"Go ahead," he replied. Goodness... how did people live without an AI assistant? There were so many tedious and unfulfilling tasks that he could solve with just a simple command to Eve. Reading emails, doing his taxes, responding to text messages... she even handled a large portion of the housework, thanks to the general-purpose robotic chassis a friend of his and given him for his birthday a few years back. Not for the first time, he wondered idly if he should market his invention, but-  as usual - the thought was quickly dismissed. Fame and fortune were the last things he wanted.

Quest Adventure booting now, Eve announced in his mind, then -seconds later- Quest Adventure booted. Displaying registration screen now.

Alex jumped as the registration screen abruptly appeared about two feet forwards in his vision. Whoa. Apparently the augmentation began now. His eyes scanned over the first page of the registration screen.

Alright Fadran. Walk me through this login process.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by xinoehp512

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Alex Greene hummed along to the music playing in his ear as he strapped the PA helmet on, making sure to adjust it so it would fit over his glasses. He wasn't sure whether or not it would matter whether it was comfortable or not- would he still be able to feel his own body while in the virtual world?

"Activate helmet," he commanded Eve.

The helmet is not connected to my system, Eve's disembodied voice spoke into his mind. Would you like me to connect to the helmet, and then activate it?

"Yes," Alex confirmed with a nod. The nod wasn't necessary, but somehow he found himself doing it anyways. Technically speaking, even the vocal command was optional, but leaving it out could create some strange and esoteric bugs. Eve's mental interface wasn't always the most reliable of systems. Alex suspected that this was a hard limit due to the inherent chaos of mental patterns, but then again, he had thought that perfect augmentation was impossible. And look where they were now. 

The helmet requires some routine initial setup, Eve's voice cut in. Would you like me to perform it automatically?

"Go ahead," he replied. Goodness... how did people live without an AI assistant? There were so many tedious and unfulfilling tasks that he could solve with just a simple command to Eve. Reading emails, doing his taxes, responding to text messages... she even handled a large portion of the housework, thanks to the general-purpose robotic chassis a friend of his and given him for his birthday a few years back. Not for the first time, he wondered idly if he should market his invention, but-  as usual - the thought was quickly dismissed. Fame and fortune were the last things he wanted.

Quest Adventure booting now, Eve announced in his mind, then -seconds later- Quest Adventure booted. Displaying registration screen now.

Alex jumped as the registration screen abruptly appeared about two feet forwards in his vision. Whoa. Apparently the augmentation began now. His eyes scanned over the first page of the login screen.

@Channelknight Fadran

You need to create an account first!

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Signing Up and Logging In are two different things...

...BUT ANYWAYS, you just have to fill out the character sheet. Only worry about filling out the stats you get from your Race and Class (you'll be improving your others throughout the game).

Then to clarify, he's signing up. :P 

The character sheet seems to be diagetic, so I would like to fill it out diagetically. Also to help me understand it better.

Bookwyrm said that we're basically roleplaying people roleplaying people, but really it's just us roleplaying people who get to be put inside QuestAdventure - that is, the players and their accounts aren't very different from each other. All the Pure Augmentation does is enhance the perception of certain capabilities to fully immerse the player in the world.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Bookwyrm said that we're basically roleplaying people roleplaying people, but really it's just us roleplaying people who get to be put inside QuestAdventure - that is, the players and their accounts aren't very different from each other. All the Pure Augmentation does is enhance the perception of certain capabilities to fully immerse the player in the world.

I'm hoping that having my character go through the sign-in process will help me understand the similarities and differences.

ohhhhhhh okey

tho you still create the account in-browser. PA doesn't switch on until you sign in

*Indicates a required field

*Your Legal Name:

*Date of Birth (must be 16 years or older):

QuestAdventure reserves the right to hold your legal information on behalf of government agencies and databases. It is illegal under United Law to falsify age or legal name. Alt accounts will be deleted and prosecuted under the full extent of the law.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Your Legal Name:

*Date of Birth (must be 16 years or older):

"Name: Alex Greene. Birthday: May 15th, 2003. Gender: Male." Eve filled in the fields as commanded.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

QuestAdventure reserves the right to hold your legal information on behalf of government agencies and databases. It is illegal under United Law to falsify age or legal name. Alt accounts will be deleted and prosecuted under the full extent of the law.

Alex resisted a chuckle. Oh, if only they knew.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Username:

*Password:

Alex thought for a moment "SalamanderSalad," he replied. "You come up with the password." He glanced at it once as Eve typed it in. The AI was fairly infallible, but just in case, he wanted to have the information stored in his brain.

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Select a Race:

*Select a Class:

List of Races and Classes

Alex frowned. "Eve, can I change my race or class after I choose them?"

He waited for a minute while Eve searched the internet for an answer.