Doctor Who

Quiver

If she stays until the Christmas special, she'd have served two full seasons (half of 7, 8, half of 9), meanwhile Amy's at 2.5 seasons (5, 6, half of 7). Amy is currently the longest, followed by Rory and Rose, who are tied at 2 seasons each, though they might have one or two episodes over each other depending on how you count "episodes as companion". Clara would tie with them if she leaves half way.

For completion's sake, Martha and Donna each have 1 season, Mickey is complicated with his coming and going but I'd say he's just under a full season, Jack is at half a season, River is also convoluted, but I'd say she's got a full season, and I'd argue no one else is worth mentioning in this regard.

Yes, but Series 9 isn't split in half like Series 6 & 7 were. So unless she disappears mid-series, she will tie with Amy Pond for series count. (I think they shortened the episode count in each series from 13 to 12, so she might be slightly less by episode count, however.)

Anyone have a safe link for iPhone to watch ep1? I was hoping the main site would have episodes but apparently they don't.

BBC iPlayer should have it up by now, I think.

Yes, but Series 9 isn't split in half like Series 6 & 7 were. So unless she disappears mid-series, she will tie with Amy Pond for series count. (I think they shortened the episode count in each series from 13 to 12, so she might be slightly less by episode count, however.)

Not to mention that Amy had five episodes in her half of season 7, Clara got seven. By episodes, if Clara stays until the end if this season, I think she'll have two episodes more than Amy.

WHAT

You saw the episode, I take it?

I loved the hand mines. Great idea.

Anyway if this isnt solved next episode I figure the season will be about saving Davros to make him not turn into... the thing he turned into. Show him the good in the universe and all that. Nip the Daleks in the bud.

Thereby creating one of the hugest time paradoxes in the history of...well time? No daleks, no time-war  :ph34r:

Thereby creating one of the hugest time paradoxes in the history of...well time? No daleks, no time-war  :ph34r:

Which obviously wont happen because then there wont be any show anymore, unless of course the Daleks manages to come back anyway, which I wouldnt doubt, they keep being defeated, for real this time, just to come back.

So I guess before the time war is not time locked, just the few thousand years when it was going on?

Spoilers!

So, all those airplanes frozen in time.  And just the airplanes.  Rather like cadmium bubbles, no?

Basically, this episode has done nothing to dissuade me from my headcanon of Adonalsium being a Time Lord artifact.

Or perhaps the Time Vortex Incarnate?  :ph34r:  

And Hoid is a bio-engineered genetic hybrid of the Master/Mistress and the Doctor *tinfoilhatexplodes*

Edited by ParadoxSpren

Or perhaps the Time Vortex Incarnate?  :ph34r:  

And Hoid is a bio-engineered genetic hybrid of the Master/Mistress and the Doctor *tinfoilhatexplodes*

Hey, the Time Lords do have a proven track record of creating sentient technology.  This one just looked at them, said, "Dang, you guys are a bunch of gits," and flitted off to create its own tiny pocket of the universe where it could play in peace.

I'm not sure what to think about this episode. Missy was fun, even more fun than in  the previous season, but the whole thing with Davros... not too thrilled about it. Seems like Moffat is trying to outsmart himself again, playing with paradoxes etc. It's like he's trying too hard :/

I'm not sure what to think about this episode. Missy was fun, even more fun than in  the previous season, but the whole thing with Davros... not too thrilled about it. Seems like Moffat is trying to outsmart himself again, playing with paradoxes etc. It's like he's trying too hard :/

I don't know, I'm honestly kind of over the "Hi, I'm crazypants!" version of Missy/the Master that we saw start during Ten's tenure.  I miss the Delgado/Ainley portrayal.  Sure, he was ruthless, and totally evil, but the mad dancing and singing deathdeathdeath portrayal is getting a bit tiresome.

I actually like John Simm's portrayal. I found it chilling, exuberant and hilariously eccentric; someone had genuinely looked into the Time Vortex and had the cracks to show for it, like Hoid but with a slightly more Sadistic outlook.

Edited by ParadoxSpren

I actually like John Simm's portrayal. I found it chilling, exuberant and hilariously eccentric; someone had genuinely looked into the Time Vortex and had the cracks to show for it, like Hoid but with a slightly more Sadistic outlook.

Simm's portrayal was pretty good.  But as ThirdGen and I were discussing amongst ourselves yesterday, Missy is coming across more as an overdone RPG character.  "Oh, hai, I'm a Malkavian powergamer!"

I don't know, I'm honestly kind of over the "Hi, I'm crazypants!" version of Missy/the Master that we saw start during Ten's tenure.  I miss the Delgado/Ainley portrayal.  Sure, he was ruthless, and totally evil, but the mad dancing and singing deathdeathdeath portrayal is getting a bit tiresome.

Personally, I liked Missy a lot more in this episode than I did last year, probably for similar reasons. Her serious moments were a lot stronger this time -I loved her 'friendship' speech- and I thought her craziness was toned down slightly.

... I just ignore the looney-toon style psychic projection. That was dumb.

I just saw the episode, and I have to say, I like Missy quite a bit this season. The episode really went from 0 to 60 in less than a minute, and even though the boy at the beginning was an enemy, it was nice to see the Doctor being kind and helpful again.

I do miss the more lighthearted feel of the Davies era, though.

I just saw the episode, and I have to say, I like Missy quite a bit this season. The episode really went from 0 to 60 in less than a minute, and even though the boy at the beginning was an enemy, it was nice to see the Doctor being kind and helpful again.

I do miss the more lighthearted feel of the Davies era, though.

I've yet to see it (i'll watch today) but i'm not that fussed about spoilers. I guessed as much would happen. I'm intrigued as to what Missy had planned after the zapping