Doctor Who

Quiver

Didn't the Doctor say that Sam probably wouldn't live as long as Me, since the chip would have been burned out or something? I admit, for a second at the end I was thinking "Wow, never found anyone else you wanted to make immortal?", but then remembered that.

This was immediately followed by "You're making that up, aren't you?" "Yep." :P

This was immediately followed by "You're making that up, aren't you?" "Yep." :P

Well...  I dunno. I guess he was right, but maybe for the wrong reason?  I dunno. The Mire chip giving a human ultimate Immortality is kinda a weird plot-point to begin with- if they ahve tech that can do that, then why isn't it more well known? 

Also...

Am I the only one disappointed they never did a story where the Doctor met one of Clara's splinterselves? Been thinking about it, that would have been a pretty fun idea, I think.

Also...

Am I the only one disappointed they never did a story where the Doctor met one of Clara's splinterselves? Been thinking about it, that would have been a pretty fun idea, I think.

But he did meet some of them, only before he met the original Clara. He met first Clara in the 'Dalek Asylum' if I remember correctly (although, he wouldn't be able to recognize her even if he knew Clara already :(). Or is it not what you had in mind?

But he did meet some of them, only before he met the original Clara. He met first Clara in the 'Dalek Asylum' if I remember correctly (although, he wouldn't be able to recognize her even if he knew Clara already :(). Or is it not what you had in mind?

twice in fact, once in that victorian times xmas episode and the other was in dalek asylum.

Well, I meant more in a post-Trenzalore story, where he knows what the "point" of the splinters are; they die to save the Doctor. I kinda have this idea of the Doctor first being confused at how Clara is wherever-she-is, then being like "Oh rust" when he realizes it's one of her splitners, which means she's there because something happens ehre that means he's in danger... which means she's probably going to die.

Well, I meant more in a post-Trenzalore story, where he knows what the "point" of the splinters are; they die to save the Doctor. I kinda have this idea of the Doctor first being confused at how Clara is wherever-she-is, then being like "Oh rust" when he realizes it's one of her splitners, which means she's there because something happens ehre that means he's in danger... which means she's probably going to die.

it does occasionally occur to me that it's weird that we haven't seen one. then again, the point of the timeline on trenzalore was that he had died there, so presumably that timeline didn't go any further into his future. also, i guess it is also possible that some of what happened then were rewritten by the stuff that happened when he regenerated.

it does occasionally occur to me that it's weird that we haven't seen one. then again, the point of the timeline on trenzalore was that he had died there, so presumably that timeline didn't go any further into his future. also, i guess it is also possible that some of what happened then were rewritten by the stuff that happened when he regenerated.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any Clara echos meeting 12, because the Great Intellegence was attacking every point in the Doctor's timeline, but since his timeline was supposed to end there the Great Intellegence would only have attacked it at points before that, so the Doctor had already met all the Clara echos. Plus, the whole thing was probably re-written by Time of the Doctor anyway.

Holy rusting fish sticks.

Kobold King! Was that YOUR Reddit theory that just got featured in the Radio Times?!

Yes. Yes it was. :o Frankly I am shocked, astounded, bewildered, amazed, honored, and utterly perplexed.

Here's the Radio Times post, if anyone's interested. Hell Bent spoilers. :o

Edited by Kobold King

You're famous! :D And you weren't even gonna tell us. Nope, just waited for one of us to stumble upon it on our own...

I only found out about it when you brought it up! Then I went back to Reddit and somebody had linked to the article under my comment.

But yeah. Famous. Or at least, Radio Times famous. That counts for something, right? At least something small and insubstantial? :P:lol:

I only found out about it when you brought it up! Then I went back to Reddit and somebody had linked to the article under my comment.

But yeah. Famous. Or at least, Radio Times famous. That counts for something, right? At least something small and insubstantial? :P:lol:

Wow. Just... Wow. Did you just... Wow.

So, due to not having BBC America, I'm finally getting to watch the first half of Season 9, and so far, I've seen the first four episodes. My thoughts:

I actually like Missy now. Ish. I suppose at the end of Season 8 I was too busy with Sciency dying to actually notice any of her character development, but she felt kind of lacking in that finale. Sort of "I've teamed up with the cybermen 'cause why not?" In the first two-parter, however, I quite like the personality she has now. Don't like her trying to get the Doctor to kill Clara of course...

However, I did not like the "Suddenly, Davros." Especially with the emotional moment being turned completely around.

Before the Flood. Well, I did like the plot of the episode. Gripping, paradox instruction, what's not to love? For starters, Clara. It just seemed like throughout the entire two-parter she was out of character. I can overlook that, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just watched the Christmas special, starring one of my favourite recurring characters, River Song, although this one did have a bit of a melancholy feel to it, so I don't know if we'll ever see her again. I hope so.

No spoilers, but I thought it was excellent how he used the TARDIS to skip ahead in time, just a few minutes.

Unfortunately, I'm not up to date, what with the fact that I have no BBC America and that I'm rewatching it to make my mother see it.

Rewatching Doctor Who is confirming what I've thought for a while, though: Moffatt can write some really great episodes, like Blink and Listen, but really lacks in overall story and character arcs. They feel... bland. Or unbelievable. Just my two cents on the topic.