The War. Volume 2: Traitors and Alliances

This is war. The Knave Quiver has rebelled against Quenn Elsa and threatened the guilds with death. In this conflict, the Feathersworn, Newcagoans, and Observers all have agreed to stand with each other on the fields of battle. Past disagreements are put aside until this threat is dealt with. The Ponies of the Herd shall not threaten the peace again.

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Children of Newcago, of Feather, my brothers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of traitors and shattered trusts, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Children of the Guilds! Arise, arise, Soldiers of Feather and of Elsa! Soldiers of Oberving! Fell deeds awake: fear and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Newcago!" Mailliw proclaims to the assembled troops. He charges forward towards the Herdandthe traitorous archer.

The sun shines far overhead, beating down upon the field. No one, neither pony nor man, Feather nor Newcagoan, can recall a day when it has been so stiflingly hot, a day when the sky so unbearably clear. It was the sort of day when something- Pegasi, weathermancers, or force unknown- should dot the sky with clouds for respite. Instead, something had conspired for a day unlike any in living memory.

At least the living memory of mortals. For those with longer lives -immortals, like the alicorn with a mark of the moon upon her flank- such a day had come before, in the furthest reaches of time, more than a thousand years ago. When last the fields had been like this, the royal sisters had overthrown madmen and toppled empires.

Seeing the sun blaze overhead like that again did not fill Luna with reassurance.

She strained her ears at the roars from the...Featherclan, they were called? Such was what her sisters 'advisor' called them...

And where was her sister? The ponies of Equestria were arrayed behind Luna, shaking in their armour. For most, violence was uncommon. Even the royal guard found rare opportunity to draw their weapons. They presented a broad force when arrayed, but in truth, it was only the Royal Sisters who truly stood a chance in such a battle. Where was Celestia-

There was a flash, and a smell as if the air had ignited. It wouldn't have surprised Luna if it had; she was certain that her mane was singed, as far from the impact as she was. A light that burned, a shine that seared, rushed across the battlefield, followed by a voice.

A voice that commanded the sun itself to wheel.

"So! Quiver was correct when he said this would be your choice."

A flame wrapped itself around the pony standing between the Herd and Mailliws forces, a flame that twisted and screeched, and came to rest upon Celestias shoulder. Philomena the Pheonix screeched agreement in tone that spat fire as Celestia continued.

"You rush to war with an eagerness that I have not witnessed in more than a thousand years. When given the chance to join together in unity and harmony, you turn against one another in search of dominance! I have overthrown Discord himself, Lords of Chaos, and now he stands in our

ranks! Your winters are ruled by a queen, with a court that tends to her every whim whilst the citizens if her state freeze in the cold and starve! They turn to the cult of the Feather for guidance, and rather than bolster their spirits, the Brightlady brings them sorrow!

I have treated you like adults, capable of making their own choices, but clearly you are but children, flitting from one whim to another and leaving chaos behind you. Even foals must be disciplined from time to time, and your unwillingness to compromise shows you are no better than children.

So, you would wish to harm my little ponies? Very well then. But first, you shall contend with a god."

A shaft of light filled the air, illuminating Celestia. Her eyes began to glow with a fire that even her sister had forgotten she possessed.

And, for the first time in their very long lives, even Luna feared her sister.

phoenix_celestia_by_csimadmax-d5epq8k.pn

Edited by Quiver

The Observers have invoked the 2nd Commandment. A vote was taken, and a 4 to 1 result was achieved. We will march to war.

Thousands upon thousands of pillars of light appear across the battlefield as the Observer's Elsecall in, along with an entire army of Aon-powered War Pandas. Ships, carriers and vehicles of all sort also appear, arcane and hi-tech, gathered by the Observers from millenniums of observing and snatching. Panda himself sits in the Observer's magnificent flagship: The Herald, a hybrid of the arcane and technology.

If it's a god we have to fight, then it's a god we kill. It'll make a nice mantelpiece.

Riding his war-eagle, Mailliw paused at the sight of the Pony god. Jolting out of his shock, he continued to battle, followed by the Observers' army. Feathertips and Featherblades and Feathermages, even Featherbows Elsecalled and, using their various Featherpowers, arrived to war. Some rode war-eagles and others rode their horses to war. Their stallions were so different from the chunky, plastic Ponies.

"The might of none can stand against the combined strength of Feathers, Icicles, and Watchers. Surrender now Ponies and traitors, or prepare to fight until death. Surrender is not an option this time. Forth Featherlingas!"

gandalf_gwaihir.jpg

prince-on-white-horse.jpg

Edited by Mailliw73

TwiLyght did not step onto the battlefield. Such an action would breach her vow of neutrality. She did, however, stand as close as she dared, wind tearing at her embroidered cloak. 

"Please!" she cried. "There's still time to avoid this war! The Benevolent Order of the Yak accepts all!" 

She waited, but her cries seemed lost to wind and distance. 

Mozy stepped up to stand behind Panda's left shoulder, wielding her bladed Scepter of Awesome. She wore leather armor, in the style of the vikings, and spiked, steampunk-esque bracers. "Peace is cool, but we cannot suffer any traitors amongst us. I do not, however, like why this war has come about. Shall we not try to reason with the traitor first? Bloodshed should be our last resort. We have stronger forces, so perhaps they will see that peace is the best option."

Edited by MozytheHealer

Quiver, this is my formal invitation for you to ally with the Lords of Chaos. You have betrayed our enemy, the Newcago Court, and will stand by you in this war should you decide to accept our offer.

And should we declare such a formal alliance and enter the war, Mailliw, I expect you to uphold your alliance with us and switch sides.

This is war. The Knave Quiver has rebelled against Quenn Elsa and threatened the guilds with death. In this conflict, the Feathersworn, Newcagoans, and Observers all have agreed to stand with each other on the fields of battle. Past disagreements are put aside until this threat is dealt with. The Ponies of the Herd shall not threaten the peace again.

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Children of Newcago, of Feather, my brothers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of traitors and shattered trusts, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Children of the Guilds! Arise, arise, Soldiers of Feather and of Elsa! Soldiers of Oberving! Fell deeds awake: fear and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Newcago!" Mailliw proclaims to the assembled troops. He charges forward towards the Herdandthe traitorous archer.

When did Aragorn arrive?

Quiver, this is my formal invitation for you to ally with the Lords of Chaos. You have betrayed our enemy, the Newcago Court, and will stand by you in this war should you decide to accept our offer.

And should we declare such a formal alliance and enter the war, Mailliw, I expect you to uphold your alliance with us and switch sides.

Mailliw, you better change your allegiances FAST. That call to action above sounds serious.

Honestly, though, I stand by my initial assessment that everybody should just let the Herd be.  I mean, even Peter loves MLP!

So, unDeath of you, Death. 

I would think that all this conquering and destruction would be to your liking.

A Death that wishes peace? What has happened to you?

I take no joy in my existence, my purpose. This is not the natural end of life. It is the reckless taking of lives over petty disagreement. 

Wait, Mailliw and the FeatherSworn (Excepting Me) Have already taken up arms against the Herd, but their Masters are allying themslves with it?

You are to obey my alliances at once. You don't want to know what I do to traitors. Times have changed. You will follow me at once and not ally yourselves with a Newcagoan coalition. You should be celebrating when one leaves their side, not hunt them down.