The Raven Throne

After Lefty disappeared BT shrugged his shoulders and turned away to leave. He waved to Mat and Mary to follow him, "Mary, he'll probably break the bond but something tells me he won't have fun doing it. I'm going back to throne room, I have been away too long."

BT and the group walked back out to the eel chamber where BT knelt down and carved a large circle around the three, he also carved strange glyphs inside the circle. Once the circle was complete he stood and summoned his Shardblade, a huge cleaver like thing, and slammed it into the center of the spell. The circle lit up with a bright blue wall of light and when the light dimmed down they were no longer in the depths of the caves but instead they were in the Grand Hall of Raven castle. "That's better."

BT walked up to his throne and sat down in the marvelous Obsidian seat. "The Raven King has returned after a long, but pointless, adventure. You may now come and bow to me, tell me your wishes and I will deem whether they are worthy of my attention." At that he yet again summoned his Shardblade and it was revealed to be black, instead of the glowing silver that they always were, and slammed it into the ground in front of him. There was also a different look about the King, as though a shadow had been cast behind him.  Whatever it was, this wasn't the same king that entered the depths of the Raven's Keep, this was a much darker Raven. 

The Mistress of the Wafflesworn shrugged. There wasn't much she could do about the Scholar's freedom. She let it happen primarily because he wasn't such a useful slave. Not quite the addition to her ranks as she initially thought.

As she walked out of the circle of glowing glyphs, she said, "Don't worry overmuch about the Scholar, milord. Anyone who follows a child in court doesn't really deserve to be my slave. Besides, he's more trouble than he's worth. I'd rather kill him than have him swear loyalty to me."

She walked around the throne room, and raised one eyebrow at the Raven King's pronouncement of swearing allegiance and bowing. She gave a low chuckle to that. Her allegiances were set. Chaos has always been central to her. 

She observed the king's darker countenance appreciatively. 

It's finally happening. Oooh, this is well worth the wait., she thought, shivering in delight at the darkness and mayhem that is sure to follow.

The freed Scholar had been greatly disturbed by many of the events that had been taking place throughout the 17th realm. The number of new guilds had steadily risen, the old nations had been stagnent for weeks, and rumours of a rising empire in a land called RP that was larger and more reputable than the rest of the nations put together had reached the Scholar's ears. The old skeleton who claimed to be Chaos incarnate had dissapeared from the land, as had the Princess Delightful. Things were definitely looking to be on the decline. Why, even the Knave hadn't been causing much trouble.

LeftVash returned to the Raven Throne to see if he could broker an alliance with its ruler. And while he was here he may as well speak with the other nation's nobles.

Before the Scholar could begin diplomatics of any sort, there was an explosion in the throne room, followed by billowing smoke and the smell of confusion(kind of a overwhelming, minty smell). A voice is heard from within the cloud

*Cough, Cough, ugh*... of all *pfff* the times to sneeze, I had to do it while teleporting...

A figure emerges from the smoke, waving his hand to clear it and coughing. His long black coat billowed like the smoke which swirled around him and there was a top hat tilted back on top of his head. He searches the room with eyes "the color of insanity". He notices the Scholar

Oh, hello shkooler(an off-world synonym for scholar), good ta see ya. I have a message for the head honcho of this here establishment. Would'ja know where he be?

"Aah...the smell of donuts in the air. The Scholar must be here."

The Mistress sipped from a glass of wine as deep red as her dress. Being in the Raven Throne in the middle of the desert has its pleasures. The cold never really agreed with her.

Looking around, she saw the throne fill up. The Dark Alley's advertiser was there, and so was the Scholar. 

Her palm was itching to stab the scholar again, but she stopped herself. He looked to be on official business, and not from that Child Queen.

The Stranger noticed the woman with refreshments. He absently wondered if they had sandwiches. He remembered himself and grinned at her, his eyes glowing in his brown face. 

Oh, it's you, the Waffle Woman. Seen ya around the Alley a time or two. Go in for that slavery stuff. Not my cup of sauce, but to each 'is own. Pleasure ta meet'cha. Is the big boss around? I've a proposition  or two for him. I think he'll find them most ludicrous. No wait, that's not right...

Lucrative! That's the one.

Edited by Fatebreaker

"He's brooding, Fatebreaker. Better not rouse him for now. You might find yourself unable to leave the alley for a long time."

Madness spren flitted around the man, and the Mistress stepped back. Darkness comes in different forms. 

"While waiting for the Raven King to acknowledge you, perhaps, you'd like a waffle sandwich?" 

After a time the Raven looked up from his deep thoughts. Black vapor, almost invisible at the distance that everyone was at, rose from his eyes. Hand on the hilt of Reaver as he lounged in his throne. His magnificent black and silver Shardplate  gleamed as well did his silver crown with large chunks of obsidian and ruby. The helmet of the shard blade, with its wicked curving, dragon like horns sat on the arm rest to the kings left. 

The King sat up straighter and made eye contact with Mary, "Hello Mary, it's a pleasure to see you here." His once boisterous and faintly dwarven accent gone. He also looked at the Scholar and Fatebreaker, "You, with the smoke trailing you like a shadow. Speak first, what would you have of me? The Scholar must wait, the last time he requested a boon he wasted much of my time." 

Edited by BreathTaker

Stranger realized that the figure on the throne was not decorative and in fact the man he was looking for. He tried to estimate how big of a turkey you could carve with that chopper of his. He eventually remembered why he was here.

Ah, the big Kahuna  himself. Greetings. I have come for several reasons. First and foremost, I have come to seek your endorsement on behalf of the Dark Alley, Pioneers of Science. The prestigious guilds and courts cast large shadows, and in those shadows thrives the Alley. It has grown and changed and no longer solely consists of us lurking around the introduction thread( Though that is a time honored tradition still heavily in use). And so it comes time to address the guilds. We seek nothing as cumbersome as a treaty or alliance, merely your endorsement. I think it will be mutually beneficial. Terms can be negotiated, and I...

The Stranger flickered then vanished completely.  Then 10 seconds later, he appeared again, talking as if nothing had happened.

...hope an understanding can be reached. 

he reached into one of his sleeves and pulled out an apple, which he proceeded to much as he waited for a response.

"Are you aware that you just vanished and then reappeared?" BreathTaker sat back in his throne, something inside of him fighting and pushing against his mind. It was screaming. 

"What kind of arrangement are you considering, Stranger?" The King was genuinely curious, he was also livid at the nonchalance that the creature displayed in the presence of the Raven. BreathTaker turned and looked Matrim in the eyes. This young man was noticing the change, what would he do about him? 

The stranger didn't seem surprised.

Really? Dang. That's the problem when you aren't bound by reality, existence can tend to slip away from you if you aren't paying attention. Happens when I get hungry. Did I hear something about a sandwich?

He looked hopefully at the woman with refreshments. She, along with everyone else, looked kind of uncomfortable. Stranger sighed, that happened alot. He shrugged and turned back to their chief.

Anyway, as I was saying...

All of the color in the room seemed to be fading, slowly turning grey. all except his eyes. A void could be felt emanating from him.

He looked around at the sudden silence and noticed the state of the room. He whistled loudly and things snapped back to their previous state. He grinned sheepishly.

Wow, hungrier than I thought. My apologies, I'll be right back.

He snapped and a hole appeared in the floor, with steps leading down into the darkness. He walked down talking to himself and was lost from sight.

My, that was embarrassing. It's terribly rude to accidentally warp reality when you first meet people. I should've just sent a letter. But I had to see his darkness for myself...

Edited by Fatebreaker

(AS THE RAVEN KING I HEREBY ANNOUNCE THE GREAT RAVEN HUNT! The first person to find me a decent Raven Picture for my Profile wins..... a... uh... cookie)

BT stood up and followed the Stranger into the hole of darkness and down the stairs, "Hey, wait! What in Damnation do ye think yer doin?" 

Edited by BreathTaker

How do you post pictures?

Depends. If you want to post something from the web you have to copy its URL and the click on the image button in the Toolbar. If it´s from your computer you have to go to "More Reply Options" and there you can uplode your picture.

My entry

tumblr_static_skullraven.jpg

Given that I just happened to catch you here. Wanna show up in the RP again? You didn´t post anything for quite a while now, which isn´t that bad in an of itself, just some kind of status report on your end would be nice.

BT stood up and followed the Stranger into the hole of darkness and down the stairs, "Hey, wait! What in Damnation do ye think yer doin?" 

...and ran smack into wall. The stairs led into solid stone.  His eyes scoured the wall for several minutes looking for a hidden door. Search as he might, there was no secret passage to be found. A finger tapped him on the shoulder.

Are we looking for something?

Behind him stood the Stranger, holding a large, half eaten sandwich. He took a large bite and pulled a black scroll a scroll from the confines of his coat.

Anyway, I hate to interrupt your search, but I have the proposal here if you wish to hear it.

Side note: I vote for matrim's first picture

Edited by Fatebreaker

*Wabajack* 

The Raven King spun around and looked at the strange creature before him. more screams. "What is your proposal?" BT asked, flourishing his long, blue-black cape around the pair. Once the cloak settled they were back at ground level and the hole was gone. 

SIDE NOTE: Matt's first picture is too large to make a display picture.

Edited by BreathTaker

Stranger clapped

Well done! Very theatrical. Any way let's get this over with shall we? This offer reads as such: We the Dark Alley thank you for receiving us, blah blah blah... ah the good part: and wish your official endorsement. This will be in written form, signed and sealed by yourself and any high standing members of the court who wish to do so as well. This can be written as an advertisement or a proclamation. For this service you will receive a plethora of benefits. These include, but are not limited to: A discount on all DA baked goods, 3 spiked well fed servants sent to you each year, a 5% decrease of sales among your subjects, and a free consultation if you ever need help, ahem, baking

He looked up from the scroll and smiled

Feel free to refuse, but be aware we'll only ask once, and Newcago has already taken advantage of this opportune situation. However, I think you are the sort of chap who can tell which way the wind is blowing. And whether you admit it or not, you're finding the darkness more and more, attractive, these days. And I know all about that.

He grinned a knowing grin. Madness spren swirled around him, but his glowing eyes showed a frightening clarity.

Your choice.

BT rubbed his chin in contemplation. "Who leads your organization stranger? These offers are very appealing and I will more than likeley accept, but I would speak with your master first."

(By the way, Matrim wins the Cookie but I couldn't get it to fit so I found one I liked... also, Edgedancer gets a cookie but its a regular chocolate chip instead of white chocolate macadamia like Mat's. Call it a consolation.) 

Also on another another side note. We are starting an RP based in Tamriel (4th Era, during the rebelion) If anyone wants to join just head over to the "Tamriel" thread and hit us up. 

Edited by BreathTaker