Quick Fix Game 2: Crushthroat's Beginnings

I am going to retract my vote for Jeno, and vote for someone else. Who, I hear you ask? That's a very good question.

Once more I am in the unenviable position of not having all the information needed for a cycle. I don't know whether Jain is indeed evil or not, lynching him doesn't help us too much. Do we lynch for information? Possibly. Unfortunately, not sure if we really have the time for that.

So the question is whether I go with the flow or vote for someone else instead. That's a difficult question. Which of the suspects do I think is the best person for us to lynch, out of Jain, Hreo, Riingar, Riitii, Jeno, Jaelre and Luka? Well, I'll look at it again int he wonderful form of bullet points.

• If we lynch Jain and he's innocent, we get no information. He could be guilty, but I'm doubting it. And frankly that would give us no information either. So lynching Jain doesn't really help us in the long run.
  • Hreo is a possibility, but he may be up for a kill this cycle anyway. If he's a Gunner as well, then we will get no information. But that in itself is questionable. He could be attempting to get us to ignore him by saying that we won't get any information out of him if we do. A possible Mutineer trick to avoid being looked at too closely.
  • Riingar being guilty would allow us to narrow down our suspects immensely. If he was innocent, then it would also do the same, as he bloc voted on day 6. Overall, a 'safe'ish lynch, if we must go for that.
  • Riitii's infamous chart is pretty much at the centre of his game. If he's guilty, then that puts the spotline on Hreo and Jeno. Otherwise, we see Luka, Jaelre and Riingar as potential evil peoples.
  • Jeno's a Gunner who has survived a Mutineer attack, apparently confirmed by Mai to be without a Buckler, and as such, I am inclined to believe his innocence. This pushes me away from Hreo and Riitii.
  • Jaelre's been quiet, which is a common Eliminator tactic. There's not much to say here that hasn't been said before about how he voted last cycle.
  • Luka's been under my suspicions for a while now, and while helpful, I have noted some questionable voting at times. She has also Grappling Hooked Hreo, who she has been on the other voting side of before, but mentioned that to us for some reason. Regardless, if Hreo does indeed get hit this cycle, it proves little.

Overall, I am more suspicious of Jaelre/Riingar/Luka than of Riitii/Jeno/Hreo, so I will vote Riingar and go to sleep and hope. Goodnight.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Ah, I've seen you've finally remodeled this place.  I like the way these games are going!

Okay, anyone else get the feeling this is looking incredibly suspicious?  I mean, maybe it’s because I’m the one getting lynched, but I’ve seen absolutely no solid reasoning from Jeno (other than his Mutineer gut) as to why I should be killed.  Wyrm has claimed that it’s for information, but at this stage in the game, I feel we should already have plenty of information to go off of.  Plus, why have both Wyrm and Jeno voted for me, retracted their votes, and then voted again?  In my opinion, this looks like a Mutineer bandwagon in the making.  While I said I wouldn’t be against “bandwagons” for the sake of getting someone lynched, I am against rather unfounded bandwagons like this.

And goin’ off a’ that, Jeno seems mighty suspicious right now.  He be extremely unwillin’ ta change his votes from Jain an’ meself (an’ has suggested that everyone else do likewise), due ta his (Mutineer) gut feelin’.  I don’ know ‘bout you, but that ain’t gonna cut it fer me.

Now, this be a list o’ Wyrm an’ Jeno’s actions so farrr this cycle.  List’n carefully (‘cause it be complicated).  First, Jeno voted fer Jatae.  Wyrm voted fer me.  (Which made sense at th' time, thar be no harm done.)  After I explained meself, Wyrm switched it ta Jeno, ‘cause he voted fer Jatel fer no reason.  Then, Jeno used his so-called “gut-evidence” ta incriminate me (appar’ntly, usin’ th’ same trick as I did ta see who would bandwagon fer Jatel) an’ vote fer me.  An’ then, since nobody else be votin’ fer me, he switched it ta Jain.  Wyrm retracted his vote fer Jeno, an’ placed it on me, conveniently th’ only oth’r person that Jeno was suspicious of.  Jeno voted fer me.

Now, information be important, I grant that.  But if we be lynchin’ fer information, it would’ve been nice ta do a few cycles ago, rather than now.  This be why I’m worried.  If we be lynchin’ someone who be loyal fer information, an’ they die by lynch today, an’ then anoth’r player be kill’d by the Mutineers, we be havin’ 6 people left.  I be almost certain that thar be at least three Mutineers, so at that point, it'd be at least 3 ta 3.  Th’ only way we be survivin’ in that case is if all o' the loyal crew vote fer the same player, get a correct lynch off, an' use th' grapplin' hook ev’ry day, or we get th’ axe an' don' hit th' wrong play'r.  Neither o’ which be somethin’ we can count on.  This be why we need ta vote fer our suspicions at this point ratherrr than fer information.  I want’d ta lynch Riiii th’ past two cycles partially b’cause o’ th’ information we’d gain, but this be why I ain’t votin’ him this cycle.

Not sure if Mutineer, or Troll.

Either way, my vote remains where it is.

Can't it be both? I think he's trying to split the vote so they can come in with one for Dreok. Possibly to save Riingar too. Personally, I lean towards Riingar and Jain both being Mutineers. Ringar today, Jain tomorrow? Edited by Wyrmhero

I can't say much about my voting that hasn't been said yet, but I'll make a quick recap. The foreword is that I've tried to act under two general principles: maximum gain for me, and the least loss to the group. The first takes form in the fact I've been hoarding coins, with my vote tonight I'm up to 18 coins. I think it could be left unsaid that I'm trying to go for the axe, should the quartermaster die at any point. The second is that I'm not confident in my ability, nor in the time at me disposal, to draw complex conclusions about people's suspiciousness. That meant that my voting has been pretty shallow, and the only real stance I ever took was against Jain, for already explained reasons.

Week 1: Hreo - I just voted for someone that hadn't already been voted for, I just chose the 1st one off Meta's player list.

Week 2: Luka - Wanted to prompt him to post.

Week 3: KalFS - As above with Hreo, I just went for an unmeaningful vote, mostly for the coin.

Week 4: KalFS - Here I wanted to consolidate votes. I didn't like very much what happened the previous night with all the vote changing, so I wanted to provide a buffer. I also started to have a brink of suspicions over KalFS. Kai stroke me as someone who exposed himself, and I manifested already the feeling that more exposure brings more verifiability, ergo more risks, ergo less chance of being a Mutineer.

Week 5: Riitii - This follows from the previous reasoning. I don't particularly have particular reasons to believe to be cleared. I can't think of one. And the fact that New One's raised my ranking on his table stroke me off as not based on my actions. I also was a bit scared as people high in that table had already been targeted. Being kind of unnoticed also played an advantage in the fact in that it raised the chances of hoarding coins actually being useful.

Week 6: Jain - The fact with seemingly random voting is that it introduces plausible deniability in this game, well some sort of, and this really started to make me feel uneasy about him.

Week 7: Jain - As above, just compounded by the fact he refused to answer any kind of query, both mine (understandable) and Wyrm's (less so).

Regarding the present week, I'm still going to go for Jain. For all the reasons above, and the trolling now.

Okay. Well, it doesn't look like my vote for Jeno is going to have any effect, and with a Mutineer last-minute captain-lynch (or my demise) being a real possibility here, I'm switching to Jain.  For one thing, if his earlier post wasn't suspicious, I honestly don't know what is.  If he's trying to troll, well, he's not really helping anyone at this point, so I don't think he cares.  And still, Jeno and Wyrm maintain their votes against me, for no discernible reason.  Jeno said he was suspicious of Jain, and yet he's sticking with me.  Wyrm?  He's had reasonably good points and evidence for voting for the people he has.  And now, he's trying to lynch me without any discernible evidence?  I sense a plot here... :ph34r: 

I thought if be able to get on more today, but I was busy. Sorry.

Throughout this game, I've been completely honest about my suspicions and actions. I've been doing most of my thinking in posts rather than in my private notes because of the condensed cycles, so they might not be very consistent or polished. I'm probably going to repeat a lot of what's already been said here.

I really don't know what to believe at this point. Due to their helpful posts, I am most inclined to trust Wyrm and Riingar. However, I know from QF 2 MR 1 that both can be manipulative and could probably write posts that only seem helpful while doing a lot of planning for the evil team at the same time. So I don't know if I can trust either of them. They seem to be going against each other right now. Both have recently been a bit suspicious to me, but at this point everyone seems suspicious. I'd probably trust Wyrm over Riingar. However, I wonder if his most recent groups of three are a way to manipulate innocents in each group into voting for innocents in the other.

The Mutineers might have used a WGG. I don't really think they'd do it twice though. I don't really like how Jeno is going about his reasoning. Wyrm and Jeno seem to be working together right now.

Jain sounds like he's telling us to vote for him. I don't think he'd say he's not innocent unless he was a Mutineer, but who knows with him. However, I think it's most likely that he has the Buckler today and is trying to draw attention away from someone else or wants to split the vote. I don't know why Riingar seems to be falling for such obvious bait.

I'm away from my notes right now, so I can't really analyze much. I'm pretty sure Jain is a Mutineer now, but I'm not so sure we should vote for him now. I want to look more at past votes for him, but I don't have time today.

I'm still suspicious of Riitii, for the reasons that have been mentioned, but it looks like there's no one else trying to lynch him. He still hasn't voted yet.

I'm still suspicious of Hreo, but no one else seems to be. It's his timing in revealing his use of the grappling hook that is suspicious more than its actual use. If he'd revealed this earlier, we would have had a better picture of whether to suspect Kal.

Jatae seems to be acting mostly like I'd expect him to, but I don't know what side that means he is on. He's been flying under my radar, so I haven't analyzed much of what he's done.

I still don't know who to vote for. I guess it depends on what else happens in the next hour or so. We can't let the Mutineers get the voting block.

Riingar isn't falling for Jain's obvious Gambit, he's trying to get us to fall for it.

Jaelre(1): Jain

Riingar(2): Jeno, Wyrm

Jain(3): Hreo, Riingar, Jaelre

No votes(3): Luka, Jaelre, Tie-Dye-iii

So. This is bad. Jain (And his Buckler) are going to get lynched.

Edited by The Only Joe

Riingar isn't falling for Jain's obvious Gambit, he's trying to get us to fall for it.

Right. I'd rather hear his answer, but I don't think he'll be back on before the cycle ends. I can think of a reason for him, though:

Voting for a mutineer with a buckler is better than voting for someone I trust and letting the grappling hook decide, so I'll vote Jain.

Week 9- The Definition of Insanity

Jain’s hunger got to the point where he could no longer sleep. All he could do was stare at all of the pandas that now covered everything. They stared back too, accusing him. Silently asking how he could’ve let something like that happen.

Not that Jain could answer. His throat was so parched that he had lost his voice days ago. Now that the doctor was dead, no one cared enough to look in on Jain. It was too bad too. Jain had seen who killed the doctor. The killer seemed to have forgotten all about the fact that Jain was there. It had been a panda.

The worst part of it for Jain was that none of the pandas was his panda. If he still had his, it could drive all of the rest of them away, he was sure of it. He just needed to get his panda back. Then everything would be okay. There wouldn’t be any Mutineers. There wouldn’t be a heartless Crew. And everything definitely wouldn’t be made of pandas.

As the days passed, Jain became more and more sure that this was the solution, until finally he snapped. He couldn’t live with their stares anymore. He would get back his panda or die trying!

He leapt from his bunk made of pandas and hit the panda made floor running. He took the panda steps that led to the deck of pandas two at a time. When he hit the fresh air, he realized that even the sea was made of pandas. A panda that was missing one of its paws came up behind him and yelled, “Boo!”

Jain didn’t even jump. He was desperately scanning all of the pandas, hoping to find his.

Wait! What was that on one of the waves of pandas? Could it be his?

Without hesitating for even a second, Jain ran to the panda railing and peered out.

Yes! That had to be his panda! He just knew it! The smile that lit Jain’s face was angelic. Finally, everything would be alright and with that, he dove into the sea of pandas….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Crew watched the entire spectacle, but did nothing. Well, except for Wyrm, the ghost. He approached the railing, being careful not to phase through it, and watched as Jain seemed to flounder across the waves. It looked like Jain was trying to beat the water with his fists. This made Wym giggle, but it was obvious that without help, Jain was going to drown.

He took a step back, struck a dashing pose and loudly proclaimed, “Never fear, my dear fellow, for I am here! I will save you!”

And then Wyrm jumped off the ship as well, just barely dodging a Grappling Hook that shot towards him.

Wyrm hit the water and started swimming. Even with his missing hand, his strokes were strong and powerful. It really seemed like he was going to be able to do it!

Wyrm was about halfway towards Jain when he realized what he was doing. He stopped swimming right then and there and shook his head with a chuckle.

Foolish Wyrm, he thought as he sank beneath the waves. You know ghosts can’t swim!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 8 is done and Week 9 begins! You have 24 hours!

Both Jain and Wyrm were stark raving mad. They also had another thing in common. They were both loyal Gunners!

Votes
Jain- lV (Riingar, Hreo, Jatae, Luka)
Riingar- l (Jeno, Wyrm)
Jatae- l (Jain)

Sorry for the less than stellar write up. As you guys have noticed, We’ve been very busy trying to get the reworked rules and formats and such into place. I still need to go through and edit a bunch of links in the old games to make sure they work for newcomers! :blink:

Edited by Alvron

Ha! Two people Died! Wait, Crap! Two Loyals Died!

Jeno, Hreo, Riingar, Jaelre, Luka, and Tie-Dye.

6 people left. half of them are mutineers. We all have to figure out who to kill, or We're toast.

I'm going to keep voting for Riingar. That's why I didn't vote Jain in the First place. Because Jain plays in a way that's unhelpful at best, and deliberately Harmful at worst.

Ahoy, me fellow crew!  Jus’ lettin’ ye know, I be a bad, scurvy Mutineer!  But instead o’ lynchin’ me (which won’t work ‘cause I’ve got a Buckler protectin’ me) why don’ ye just lynch Captain Crushthroat?  He don’ run this place too good.  I mean, nine o’ yer hearty crewmates be dead, an’ he’s barely even flinch’d.  He don’ care ‘bout ye all, but if ye join us, ye will get yer rations increased by 0.1%!  See, we care.  But, see, if ye don’ comply, then that means ye will be the Mutineer, an’ then we’ll have ta lock ye in th’ Cellar*.  A shame, really.  But, ye can still enjoy yer time on the AonTeo by lynchin’ th’ cap’n!  Yeah, why don’t ye do that?

*Th’ Cellar be a-Reignin’!

Don’t worry, me fellow Mutineer.  Jus’ pretend ta fit in.  I know what I’m doin’.  I have a feelin’ that the rest o’ them scallywags ain’t gonna take me off’r lightly, an’ might choose ta lynch me ‘nstead.  Oh well; their loss.

Well crap. Didn't see that coming. Riingar obviously, though we're probably too late now. Who has the grappling hook? I bid on it, knowing that we would need it (and a lot of luck) to win, but didn't get it. I'm guessing it's probably in mutineer hands now.

Edited by Herowannabe

The Aonteo was quiet. Eerily quiet. Partially because so many members of the crew were now dead, partially because everyone was reeling from Riingar's outburst against the captain. He still stood there, cutlass in hand, glaring defiantly at anyone who dared meet his eye. Though several crew members whispered together, plotting to take down the mutineer, nobody had taken any action against him yet. They worried that if Riingar was willing to be this bold that it was too late to stop the imminent mutiny anyway.

Perhaps the creepiest thing though, for Hreo at least, was that nobody had bothered playing any sort of pranks on him. He had been left alone all day. It felt... Weird.

Seriously though, where is everyone today? I know Wyrm was one of our biggest talkers, but there are plenty of us still left. We need to be talking and figuring this out. Riingar said he had a fellow mutineer- I'm inclined to believe it's misdirection, that there are actually 3 mutineers, but it may be that there is only two, in which case we still have a chance.

But only IF we don't give up. We have to keep talking, planning together and figuring out who Riingar has been working with this whole game (I'm still reeling from that Riingar. I had started wondering about your loyalty a little bit towards the end, but for most of the game you were practically last on my list of suspects. Well played you traitorous scum! :P )

Riingar also say he has the buckler. It's probably true, unless someone else can prove otherwise. Either way though, I'm betting Riingar doesn't have the mutineer-kill today, and is just trying to draw our attention away from whoever does have the kill, meaning we were probably getting too close. Who that might be though, I have no idea. Everyone has been under a lot of suspicion lately, and last week Riingar had the second most votes.

Any ideas? Who looks like they might have been next on the chopping block?

Edited by Herowannabe

No, ye do not need to figure anything out, because thar be nothin' ta figure out!  Ye be doom’d, don’t ye realize it?  A much bett’r idea be ta lynch th’ cap’n so we can get this over with quickly.  Oth’rwise, I be havin’ ta kill one o’ ye tonight, an’ I don’ think any o’ ye want ta die.

So, I be leavin’ this deal open: We lynch ol’ Cap’n Crushy tonight, an’ I’ll give ye all some free trinkets fer all o’ yer troubles!  Let’s see, we got a compass… a map… um… see, if ye just would lynch th’ Cap’n, all o’ this amazin’ stuff be yers!  An’ if ye don’ go along, I’ll keelhaul th’ lot o’ ye.  Tell ye what, if I be in yer boots, ye know what I’d do?  I’d lynch th’ cap’n.  I mean, if yer goin’ to go out, ye might as well go out with dignity.  Hon’rably.  Like a Jindoeese Warrior.

An’ also, I’d be verrry peeved if I had this perfectly good Buckler here, jus’ waitin’ ta be used, an’ ye just chose not ta lynch me an’ went with th’ captain instead.  I woulda wasted all that loot I saved up ta buy it!  So… why not teach me a lesson, by choosin’ ta not lynch me?  Go with th’ cap’n.  Yeah, that be a good idea.

An’ I know ye don’ like th’ prospect o’ turnin’ on our cap’n, but we be pirates!  We don’ follow th’ law anyways.  So, ye can make a diff’rence in this crew, if ye would jus’ lynch th’ cap’n.  B’lieve me herrrre, it be worth it in th’ long run.  Especially ‘cause thar won’ be a long run fer ye if ye don’ try ta lynch th’ cap’n, if ye get me drift.

Edited by Renegade

I bid 6 coins on the Grapple. And didn't get it.

Also, I TOLD, No, be Calm Joe Be cool. Jain, I'm going to politely ask that you actually play to win, and not play to sabotage your team. Riingar, you and your mutineers did really good this game. No deaths so far. Were you the one who attacked me?

Also, It's going to be really funny if we do Lynch Riingar because his Buddies don't help him out.

Edited by The Only Joe

We're going to need a lot of luck if we want to win at this point. Obviously, all of Riingar's fellow Mutineers have voted for him by now. I doubt he'd have set this up unless he either has the buckler now or is another gunner. I don't think we have a chance unless we actually kill a Mutineer this cycle, but I don't know who it would be best to go after. I'll change my vote if it seems like we'll actually have a chance to kill someone I think is a Mutineer, but I don't know how likely it is that all of the loyal members will vote together in the little time that is remaining this cycle.

I have the hook right now. I'll take suggestions on how to use it. Ideally, I'd hit the person who has the kill for the night. Using it on Riingar to make sure he doesn't have the buckler next cycle could work, but really only if he's not a gunner and we lynch a different Mutineer this cycle. We need to make sure the Mutineers don't get the hook.

The Mutineers have to have at least one gunner, but I find myself trusting Jeno, who is the only proven gunner who's allegiance hasn't been revealed yet. If they have a gunner who hasn't been hit yet, then I don't know how we can win.