Quick Fix Game 2: Crushthroat's Beginnings

Riingar: this is another case of me agreeing with someone and you finding it suspicious.  I had just naturally fallen into trusting Hreo, but then Mai pointed out that Hreo had done suspicious things.  I went back and looked through, and I realized that Mai was right.  I really don't understand how that makes me seem suspicious.  

If I wanted the chart to be propaganda, I would be putting my name on it.  People keep acting like I am construing the charts to brainwash people.  I am just trying to be open with all of my suspicions, and the chart makes that easier, especially for people who don't like reading long posts.  They can scroll down, see what I think, then look back to the specific part of my post that concerns what they want to know.  I'm just trying to be helpful, and do things in an interesting way that I haven't seen done before.  Lists and tables are somebody else's game.  I wanted to try out charts.  

Do you want to know why I think that I have voted for the lynch target every round?  I think it's because people agree with me.  The chart is just a tool to help people see what I think.  They're smart enough to go through and look at my reasoning.  It just so happens that my reasoning has been good enough that people tend to vote similarly to me.  

Unlike you, Riingar, I don't think it's a crime to agree with someone.  If I see good logic, I will not feel wrong copying someone's vote for that exact reason, because why should I?  

The reason you are voting against me makes sense, until you realize that all my actions have been those of an altruistic rookie, trying to be helpful.  Sometimes I am right, and sometimes I am wrong, but I won't throw out a vote for shenanigans, and I won't behave irrationally to confuse people.  

SO!  I move that instead of lynching the people who are trying to be helpful, how about we lynch those who are trying to bring everyone down?  Maybe someone who is acting like there is no hope, and that we should give up?  A person whose logic has never made that much sense, despite being an experienced player?  

YOU GUESSED IT! 

BsX4LlOCQAMHlHr.jpg

You wanted propaganda? Here's some blasted propaganda.  (Doesn't change the fact that I think it's true.  But I would have been doing ridiculous things like these to catch more people's attention.)  But yeah that's my vote.  Jene

Edit: color

Edit: thank you Jeno and Hreo for saving my life.  Until we manage to actually kill a mutineer, people will probably be accusing you because of it, so thank you.  

Edited by New One

You're Welcome :D. And that post above? is a prime reason of why I did it. But blast it! This is why I prefer voting closer to the end of the day. People always change my mind, so I change my vote to much, and look suspicious!.

Hreo Jene

If he's a mutineer gunner, then there will be two more mutineers, if he's loyal, though, there will be 4 mutineers left, and 4/5 Loyals left.

Edited by The Only Joe

I am heading off for the night, and will vote for Jene due to his refusal to talk about his suspects and why he votes the way he does recently, as well as his general defeatist nature at the moment.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I'm still going to hold to my voting Jain. Add to whatever objections I have moved to him the fact that he appears to have been consistently inconsistent. Which is an awesome façade for justification of any kind of behaviour, despite, in my opinion, playing against him.

What I find weird, still not even near to a proof of innocence, but weird, is the amount of incriminating action committed by, and attributed to Jene. It might actually explain his resigned attitude, but it doesn't yet excuse it.

Oh come on, why so harsh? :D  I can be helpful, but I'm too lazy B) and there's nothing really significant I can do. I've got 14 coins, but nothing to do with them. I've lost my first life (sadly along with my toy panda) and I'm not going to buy a Buckler (You guys always bid ridiculous amounts for it.)

Of course, you guys could always offer a job  :lol: 

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Everyone was watching Hreo. It was unnerving. And the thought he saw them chuckling out of the corner of his eye, just soft enough that he couldn't hear, but every time he looked straight at them they were suspiciously quiet and straight-faced.

Hreo knelt back down and continued his scrubbing, trying to ignore then. As he leaned over his bucket he thought he saw something. The rocking of the ship made the water in the bucket agitated, so he picked it up and steadied it as best he could. As the water settled he could see his reflection, and could just make out something on his forehead. Someone must have drawn it there while he slept. Peering closer, he could just make it out. Aon Aba. The symbol for "buffoon."

Alright, lots of stuff to address. Please forgive me if I miss something or don't have time to get to it all.

First off, again I apologize about yesterday. I worked a long day and got home 20 minutes before we had guests show up, and they stayed until after midnight. I had to sneak in the little bit I was able to post, and even that was earning me dirty glances from my wife. Sorry.

Next, I'm super worried that we haven't caught a single mutineer yet. There is only 9 of us left, out of 15. Assuming there is 3 mutineers, that means we have lost a full half of our loyal powder monkies, as well as several of our gunner's extra lives. If there is 4 mutineers, I don't think we have much hope. (Another possibility is that there are only two mutineers, in which case I bet they're both gunners). But for now I'm still operating under the assumption that there are three mutineers, and one of them is probably a gunner.

So anyway, I've been thinking. As a few others have pointed out, it's odd that many of the most experience and trusted players have been taken out, while others haven't, myself included. There are two possibilities I can think of as to why:

1) of course, the most obvious explanation is that it's because the surviving trusted experienced players are Mutineers. If this is the case, they are doing a masterful job. Wyrm and Riingar both stood out to me as exemplary players early in the game and neither has done anything to make me suspect them in the least (meaning they have both been great at pushing for tactics that can only hurt the mutineers). And I know I'm innocent (though others may question my trustworthiness. Fair enough) so that rules me out.

2) Which leads me to my second theory: The mutineers are only taking out the trusted players who are a threat to them in some way. This is reinforced by Matim's death last week- he wasn't especially trusted or experienced (I don't think, I haven't followed the past few games that have been going).

Take Rii-e-i-e-i-o. If his chart of evilness was any sort of threat to the mutineers I can't possibly see them leaving him alive this long. Especially since early on he had it out for KalFS, who we now know was safe. If the mutineers had killed Riissiissiippii early on it would have cast more suspicion on KalFS than anyone else, we would probably have lynched him, and the mutineers would have gotten what they wanted withot any of the suspicion.

Which means that Rii-ki-o-Rii-ki-ay is either evil, or his chart is far enough off that the mutineers have left him alive so that he could lead the rest of us astray. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but not enough to add him to my "trusted" list.

So I started looking at his Rii-bread's chart and asking myself "if I was a mutineer, where would I want to be?" The answer? Right about in the middle, easily overlooked. THIS is why I started suspecting Luka. I reviewed a few of her posts (albeit not as thoroughly as I wish I had time for) and if I were a mutineer, I'd probably be playing the game exactly like she has been. She is an experienced player (at least I remember her from at least one other game I played), she has posted often but not a ton, and hasn't tried TOO hard to prove herself as a trusted player and draw attention to herself. Many of her posts feel like she is trying to direct suspicion towards certain players or away from certain players. The only wrench I see in this theory is her inactivity early on, but as I think about it now if she was going to be inactive anyway then that shouldn't have any bearing on her guilt/innocence.

Another one I'm starting to suspect more is Jeno (Wait, I know I've already been suspicious of him, but bear with me). I actually started dropping my suspicion for him, but he (along with a few other players, one of which is Luka) has been putting pressure on me because, as they say, "I believe that Jeno pulled a WGG." Go back and look at my posts. I never claimed that I believed it, only that it was a possibility that we shouldn't ignore, and that of all the gunners we know about I suspected him the most. I had actually started dropping the WGG idea, but now I feel like there is a movement among players to come after me because I proposed it. So Jeno is rising back up my suspicions list.

Crap, running out of time and this post is long already, but one more thing I need to address: I was the one who had the grappling hook on week 2. I wasn't going to say anything but a lot of people have been worrying over it and I didn't want us to get led astray by it.

I got the grappling hook in the first place because I wanted to try out some of the items. The loaded dice seemed pointless, and I thought (correctly as it turns out) that the buckler would be a high-demand item, plus I didn't think I was in much danger. That left the grappling hook.

At first I was targeting New One with the grappling hook, mainly to make sure the vote went through for Jene. What happened next was pretty embarrassing actually. Despite what I said I was aware of the time limit and was paying close attention to the votes. When Jene threw out his last minute death-bed accusations it really did convince me of his innocence, at least at that time. I hurried and posted my vote change to KalFS, then sent a quick PM to Meta to change my Grapple-hook, but I TYPOED THE NAME! I believe my exact words were "changed my mind, grapple Kai." I intended to grapple Mai, but on my phone and in my haste I must have hit the K instead of the M (that or auto-correct screwed me up, as it's sometimes prone to do). Either way I sent the PM without proof reading it then hopped in the shower. When I came out and checked again the write up was already up. I was surprised by the mistake, but the end result wasn't too unsatisfactory so I stayed quiet and left it as is. I thought that it would make me seem more suspicious but surprisingly at the time several people started trusting me more.

So anyway, I think that's everything. Do with me what you will, because I get the feeling that I'm up next on the mutineer's hitlist.

Update: I've been working on this off and on all day and just reread the new posts. I'm not ready to join movement to vote Jene. Maybe he'll turn out to be a mutineer and then I'll be next to be lynched, but I'll take that risk.

For now, I'll stick with my own suspicions and vote Luka.

A bit less than 3 hours left.

Well, you see, you guys might get a break today, depending on if you want me to just list the results. Today is my birthday and I've been busy celebrating it, so I haven't really had time to keep up, which means I've got a lot more work to do than normal tonight. 

This is not an invitation to wait till the last minute, as I'll probably still try to have the write up and day end on time, but just that there's a very good chance that I'll be late on it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled mayhem! 

How about this: You tell us the results, and then whoever dies gets to do the write-up as their farewell post. If two people die (although I don't think that's possible in this game) they can split it up.

Edit: also, happy upvote birthday!

Edited by Herowannabe

If [Jene]'s a mutineer gunner, then there will be two more gunners, if he's loyal, though, there will be 4 mutineers left, and 4/5 Loyals left.

This sounds like weird reasoning. If he's loyal and there's 4 mutineers total, then we probably lose if he is lynched because there will be 3 or 4 Loyals left (depending on if the mutineer kill goes through). If he's a mutineer gunner and there's 3 mutineers total, then we can afford one more mislynch, so we don't need to lynch him yet. Not lynching him has the most probability of not turning out bad if we're looking at it this way.

So I started looking at his Rii-bread's chart and asking myself "if I was a mutineer, where would I want to be?" The answer? Right about in the middle, easily overlooked. THIS is why I started suspecting Luka. I reviewed a few of her posts (albeit not as thoroughly as I wish I had time for) and if I were a mutineer, I'd probably be playing the game exactly like she has been. She is an experienced player (at least I remember her from at least one other game I played), she has posted often but not a ton, and hasn't tried TOO hard to prove herself as a trusted player and draw attention to herself. Many of her posts feel like she is trying to direct suspicion towards certain players or away from certain players. The only wrench I see in this theory is her inactivity early on, but as I think about it now if she was going to be inactive anyway then that shouldn't have any bearing on her guilt/innocence.

I realize that a lot of how I have played looks like how a Mutineer would play. I don't know much of a defense it is, but this is my natural play style. I've known since the beginning that there are several reasons to be suspicious of me just based on how I play. I'm the type that doesn't attract a lot of attention. I don't think I've been playing much differently from how I have previously, other than possibly being more active than I was in the full games I played. There are several little things that I've done that I probably wouldn't do if I was a Mutineer, but they wouldn't make a good defense unless you knew me well. As for trying to direct suspicion, I haven't been trying to. I've just been putting down my thoughts. If that has directed suspicion, then I hope people aren't reading more into it that it being my opinion.

Another one I'm starting to suspect more is Jeno (Wait, I know I've already been suspicious of him, but bear with me). I actually started dropping my suspicion for him, but he (along with a few other players, one of which is Luka) has been putting pressure on me because, as they say, "I believe that Jeno pulled a WGG." Go back and look at my posts. I never claimed that I believed it, only that it was a possibility that we shouldn't ignore, and that of all the gunners we know about I suspected him the most. I had actually started dropping the WGG idea, but now I feel like there is a movement among players to come after me because I proposed it. So Jeno is rising back up my suspicions list.

I haven't suspected you because of suggesting that Jeno pulled a WGG. In fact, I was glad someone mentioned it because it is a possibility that shouldn't be overlooked. I don't think it happened, but I don't suspect you for bringing it up.

I think you are suspicious mainly because your voting behavior on week two was suspicious (not just the last-minute vote thing, but also how much you jumped around before that) and because there were next to no suspicions of you raised in the following cycles. I thought it odd that so many people seemed to trust you so much for little reason and something just has seemed off about you.

Crap, running out of time and this post is long already, but one more thing I need to address: I was the one who had the grappling hook on week 2. I wasn't going to say anything but a lot of people have been worrying over it and I didn't want us to get led astray by it.

I got the grappling hook in the first place because I wanted to try out some of the items. The loaded dice seemed pointless, and I thought (correctly as it turns out) that the buckler would be a high-demand item, plus I didn't think I was in much danger. That left the grappling hook.

At first I was targeting New One with the grappling hook, mainly to make sure the vote went through for Jene. What happened next was pretty embarrassing actually. Despite what I said I was aware of the time limit and was paying close attention to the votes. When Jene threw out his last minute death-bed accusations it really did convince me of his innocence, at least at that time. I hurried and posted my vote change to KalFS, then sent a quick PM to Meta to change my Grapple-hook, but I TYPOED THE NAME! I believe my exact words were "changed my mind, grapple Kai." I intended to grapple Mai, but on my phone and in my haste I must have hit the K instead of the M (that or auto-correct screwed me up, as it's sometimes prone to do). Either way I sent the PM without proof reading it then hopped in the shower. When I came out and checked again the write up was already up. I was surprised by the mistake, but the end result wasn't too unsatisfactory so I stayed quiet and left it as is. I thought that it would make me seem more suspicious but surprisingly at the time several people started trusting me more.

If you didn't want people to be led astray by the grappling hook week 2, then why are you mentioning it now when it is nearly irrelevant instead of earlier? The grappling hook was one of the largest pieces of evidence against Kal. Why were you so bent on lynching him after, when you knew that this piece of "evidence" was not due to the Mutineers' actions? Why did you try to grapple Mai to further save Jene instead of trying to grapple one of the people who voted for Wyrm when you did not suspect either? Honestly, what you say you tried to do looks like you were trying to cast suspicion on Jene, and the fact that you kept trying to kill Kal after cycle 2, as well as the posts in which you mentioned the grappling hook, makes it look like you were using the grappling hook as evidence against him.

This bit of evidence just makes me suspect you more. I know that there is an argument of why would you mention this if it is suspicious, so you must be loyal, but I think too much doesn't add up. So right now I am putting in a vote for Hreo. This is subject to change, however, if it is necessary to keep the Mutineers from controlling the vote. I know that a lot of people have brought up that it is suspicious that I have voted for the person who was lynched so much. While this could be a way for Mutineers to hide, it is also a way to make sure that Mutineers don't change the vote at the last minute. (It doesn't look like they can change anything right now without last-minute votes though.)

Current Vote Tally:

Jene (3): Riitiidiikiiiir, Jeno, Wyrm

Riitiidiikiiiir (1): Riingar

Jain (1): Jatae

Luka (1): Hreo

Hreo (1): Jeno, Luka

Luka's Right. Hreo is more suspicious than Jene. However, If I switched my vote to Hreo, we don't lynch anyone. So I'm going to leave it where it is.

EDIT: And the Quote of mine that Luka used, It's supposed to say 2 Mutineers left. Not 2 gunners left.

Edited by The Only Joe

Week 8- One Year Closer to Death... and Madness

There was one in every Crew; that one person who had spent far, far too much time in the sun. So long, in fact, that it must have fried their brains a bit.

Wyrm was that person in this Crew. He would go around calling himself an Admiral and though he had the distinct traits of the Fjorden people, he denied it every chance he got. No one knew exactly what had caused him to go slightly mad. Some thought he must have been marooned once. Others thought he had seen something so horrific that his mind couldn't take it. The prevailing theory though was that his mother must have dropped him on his head a few times too many as a babe… on purpose. As such, no one took him too seriously when he got like that.

And Wyrm was in one of his moods during the weeks following the storm. He went around accusing everyone he could see for taking his shoes… which he was wearing. The night before, he had worn the Jolly Rogers as if it was a toga and proclaimed he was King of the Rogers, whoever they were.

This night, he had something special in mind. He planned to take all the rigging and make a spider’s web, for tonight, he was Shelob and her hunger would not be satiated! She already had one person caught in her web, though she didn't remember how they had got there. 

Shelob giggled as she began getting all of the loose ropes together, so she could haul them up into the rest of the rigging, when something flashed past her and back up into the sails. Shelob couldn't follow it with her hundreds of eyes, so she just kept working. Though for some reason, one of her right claws wasn't working right…

A couple hours later, some of the Crew noticed Wyrm struggling within a tangled up mess of loose ropes. As they got closer, they noticed the blood on the deck. Closer still, it was apparent that Wyrm’s right hand was missing.

“Blimey, Wyrm! What happen to ye?”

Wyrm stopped squirming and finally seemed to notice that his freaking hand was missing!

“Oh this, gentlemen? This is just a flesh wound.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Happy Birthday, Cap’n!”

The Crew had gathered around the mast, looking quite proud of themselves. They’d managed to pulverize some hardtack into the vague shape of a cake and had even taken one of the tallows from a lantern for a candle.

Kiin couldn't help but be touched by the thought, if not the deed. He smiled for the first time in what felt like months.

“We know it ain't much, but knowin’ that there still be Mutineers about, we wanted ye to know that we’re still behind ye, Cap’n. In fact, we even have a present for ye!”

At that, the Crew parted to reveal Jene’s bloodied and crumpled form lying on the deck.

Kiin’s smile faded to a look of puzzlement, then to one of despair, to finally, the grim look of barely held anger.

“My gift is the murder of my 1st Mate?” He asked.

The Crew didn't look as sure of themselves as they had a moment ago. There were a few averted gazes and the shuffling of feet could be heard.

“Well, ummm, aye Cap’n. He be one of those dirty Mutineers, ain’t he?”

Kiin took a few steps towards the Crew and then looked every one of them in the eye. Then he blew out the candle on the improvised cake.

As he walked away, back to his cabin, he just said one word: “No.”

________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 7 ends and Week 8 begins! You have 24 hours from this post.

Wyrm survived!
Jene was a good and loyal Gunner!

Votes
Jene- lll (Jeno, Wyrm, Riitiidiikiir)
Jain- l (Jatae)
Luka- 0 (Hreo)
Riitiidiikiir- l (Riingar)
Hreo- l (Luka)

Edited by Alvron

Before anyone gets any ideas about analyzing how the grappling hook went, I'll just tell you. I had it, and since there wasn't much I could do with it to affect the vote, I used it on my top suspect (Hreo) on the off chance that he happened to be the killer this time. Obviously, he wasn't. He could still be a Mutineer, but now there's a little evidence that he's not.

Now it seems we have 5 confirmed gunners (a full third of the original players), two of whom were definitely loyal. It is possible that there are even more gunners. I don't know how likely it would be that all of the rest of the gunners are loyal. If either Jeno or Wyrm aren't, then one of their attacks would have had to have been a WGG, which they probably wouldn't do if they could kill another person for a win.

If there's 4 Mutineers, then I don't think we have a chance anymore. If there's 3, then we might be able to pull it off if we find one this cycle. I suppose there could be 2. If so, then they're probably both gunners. The list of kills that Riingar made makes it look like there's an even number of Mutineers, but they could be trying to make us think that.

Edited by luckat

Honestly, we have 1 50/50 chance of killing a Mutineer today. We just have to make sure they can't sneak in at the last minute for the vote.

I'm going to vote for jaerle. No one ever suspects him. So I will.

EDIT: Panda, you're supposed to have the broken Color Edititor.

Edited by The Only Joe

Joe, your red text isn't working. You might want to change it.

Hmm... Who should I vote? Eh, Jaelre, I''ll vote you and return the favor.

Jain giggled as he sat in the cabin that had once been Matim's. After his beating, he had been left inside the deceased doctor's room. Perhaps the crew was disturbed by his current state. Or perhaps they were mad like him.

Mad. Insane. Not right in the head. Did it matter? It all meant the same thing. Peace and quiet from the daily hubbub. A new insight into this world.

Jain smiled as he looked at the toy pandas that lined the shelves. That filled the ledges. That covered the floor. No, they were the floor. His ship mates claimed they couldn't see them. How could they not? How could they not feel the crunch as they crushed a panda for every step they took? How could they not hear their screams? Indeed, that was the reason why Jain preferred to be left alone. It tore his heart to see his precious toys broken and scattered by his clumsy friends.

Jain felt hungry. Hungry meant food. Food meant clumsy sailors. Clumsy sailors meant crushed toys. Crushed toys meant sad Jain. So Jain kept quiet about his hunger and ignored his growling stomach. How long had it been since he had eaten, anyway? Hours? Days? Weeks?

Hmm... Too much Stephen King influence above, I guess.

It was a good thing, Wyrm decided, that he'd been hit with a grappling hook a few days ago. He'd kept it and he knew it would come in handy. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite the right shape for a hand, and so whenever he tried to use it, it didn't work quite so well. Occasionally he considered that he should steal someone else's hand, but that would be a little difficult without their doctor to reattach it. Maybe his father could have done it, but they were far away from Elantris now.

But that didn't matter anyway. He was dead, and therefore couldn't really pick anything up anyway. It was all his ghostliness was worth to catch up to the ship whenever it moved, and not float there above the sea instead. Though it did mean that he could play tricks on people. He floated up behind someone quietly, a ghostly image of an imaginary ferret following him, and then suddenly shouted in their ear. "Boo!"

Geez, six votes last cycle? That's not good. I get that Jene gave up and therefore didn't vote (despite the fact that he could have attempted to avoid his death), but what about Jain and Luka? Why did they never vote?

I'm highly disappointed that Jene never logged on to talk last cycle. That could have easily saved him from the hemp fandango this cycle. However, it does continue to make me suspicious of Riitii. Everyone you've voted for has been lynched. Why did you vote for Jene so quickly? You said that he's suspicious, but at that point it was 2-0, and you confirmed the lynch before he'd even had a chance to talk (not that he did). Why?

I am disappointed with the fact that Hreo never mentioned that he used the Grappling Hook before. If he'd said at first that it was a mistake, it would have been somewhat understandable, if suspicious. Keeping it back to himself for so long is not helpful, considering that we struggled to figure out what was happening then. Interesting too that he mentions it the day that Jene was killed, so it seems less suspicious when he's confirmed to be innocent.

In addition to that, Jain, why are you voting in kind again instead of for someone else?

Jeno, I don't know what you're talking about. Clearly I had a Buckler :P. You cannot kill the admiral! (keeping up our streak of one death a night there).

So we have a total of three confirmed Gunners in myself, Kal Dell and Jene. Is Jain a Gunner? Most likely. He'd have had to have bid 6 or more on a Buckler on Day 4 (as I bid 5), and that was without any real threat on him at the time. It's possible that he could have done it just because, but unlikely. The other question is Jeno. Mai said that he had bought the Buckler on Day 3, and so Jeno cannot possibly have had it on Day 4. Therefore, it is likely that we have five. It is quite possible then that there are four Mutineers with one Gunner, and 11 Loyal Crew with four Gunners. There would definitely not be five loyal Gunners without any being on the other side with four Mutineers. Certainly, with that many Gunners around, and doubting that there would be two Mutineers who are both Gunners, there would have to be four Mutineers.

As an aside, Kai tried to trick us into believing he was a Gunner. Which I doubt anyone really believed him, I'm somewhat surprised that the Mutineers decided to strike him anyway. It suggests that the attacker there really didn't believe him. In QF2, two players still here were on the same side as Kai when he last used this gambit - Myself and Riingar. Not that this suggests something really, since as I said I doubt anyone really believed him (and if you did, shame on you for taking someone at their word :P), but regardless, something small to consider.

So looking at the people left, we have: Jeno [Gunner], Wyrm [Gunner], Jatae, Riingar, Jain [Gunner], Hreo, Riitii and Luka. At this point, I'm starting to be suspicious of everyone on that list. But most suspicious currently to me are Jain, Hreo, Riitii and Luka.

Jain

• Jain is an erratic player at best, and seems to have been using his reputation of being random at first to slip under the radars, for the most part. But recently he's become a lot more gung-ho about his lynch targets. It also points towards him being the Mutineer Gunner.
  • Points against though, on Day 5, no-one really tried to stop him from being lynched. Mai and Jeno tried to lynch someone else, and that was about it. While possible that they just decided to let him be and vote for him due to his nature as a Gunner, I am hesitant to say that is a certainty with this level of communication.
  • This suggests that there may actually be a sixth Gunner who is a Mutineer hiding around (or Jeno as a WGG) in the form of Jatae, Riingar, Hreo, Riiti or Luka. This is much less likely, but a possibility nonetheless.

Hreo

• Up until recently, Hreo's slipped under the radar quite a bit. He's never been in danger of being lynched, and has voted for the lynchee more often than not. He seems to be using Riitii's chart to base his suspicions on though, which may suggest that he's using that as a base from which to make his slightly inaccurate accusal. Even worse, if they are both Mutineers, this shows a co-ordinated effort on their part, and we should look back at every player using Riitii's chart as a base. He also Grappling Hooked Kai the day before he died.
  • Generally speaking he's made long-written arguments for his votes though, even with Riitii's chart. He's also explained his use of the Grappling Hook, and it could have easily been just that the Mutineers either went for Kai anyway or took advantage of his definite lack of Buckler. If Riingar is evil, he could simply be led astray by the chart.

Riitii

• Well, the most damning evidence is that he has voted for the person being lynched every day without pause. As we've said as well, his charts are a useful way to convince people to your way of thinking, and also to throw out suspicions without really giving much evidence in that way. Of note is that so far, his chart has been wrong each time we've lynched someone. In addition, the night deaths have been people who are at the other end of the chart.
  • On the other hand, this could just be a player being friendly but wrong. Kal Dell was a pretty easy lynch target for three days considering his survival rate at it, and Jain is also an easy lynch target. They were both suspicious, which is what we must go on. In addition, the night deaths will go for people at the top of the chart anyway because that's how it works. (on another note, why am I not at the top yet? :P)

Luka

• Luka has voted for five of the six lynchees whenever she's been online. She did not vote for Day 7 She voted on Day 7, but Meta (bolded so he notices) didn't record her vote. It is for Hreo. So she's voted for the people on the chopping block 5/7 times, and only one of those five was for someone only brought into range by a Grappling Hook (which isn't evidence really, but I thought it best to mention).
  • For the most part though, it seems that she has voted with Jatae and Riingar rather than my other suspects though. In addition, her posts have generally contained useful information. She's voted for a tie before, but not to save someone innocent, as we now know for certain - All three in danger were innocent (myself, Kal Dell and Jene), though I am aware that saying I'm innocent never gets very far.

Let's have a look at voting patterns instead.

• Day 6, we had Jeno, Hreo and Riitii all voting the same way. This trend is mostly also there on Days 2 and 3, though Day 2 Jeno voted for me. He changed his vote to Kal ell the next day, then dropped it the next few days. Day 5 suggests otherwise slightly though, as Jeno voted for Jene, which was a lynch group that could have threatened the Jain one. However, it was still two votes out of that target, so Jeno had no reason to change his vote to help it in any way, so it's still possible. We've also seen Jeno hit by a Mutineer attack, so this is perhaps less likely.
  • Day 6 also showed Jatae, Riingar and Luka working in concert to get Riitii lynched. This pattern has held up more commonly on previous cycles, being seen fully on Days 3 and 4, and also partially on Day 5, with Riingar voting against the grain here in a case where it didn't matter. Jatae and Riingar have mostly slipped under the radar, with Riingar being generally helpful, if incomprehensible, and Jatae being much less outspoken (which is somewhat suspicious).

Riingar and Jaelre are also both somewhat suspicious as I mention below, but that came from seeing these patterns rather than taking note of them through the game to be suspicious. Today I would like some explanations from them.

Unfortunately, both of these cliques only have three members each. Does this suggest that there are only three Mutineers, or that all the people in either group are Mutineers? Not at all. They could easily have split up, though this is unlikely on Day 6 due to the fact that this resulted in a tie. It could be that they decided not to force a lynch to avoid suspicion, but I'm not sure this late in the game.

It seems that we may have to lynch someone and then work on whether they are innocent, rather than whether they are guilty, unfortunately. We have lost 7 people, and so it's currently 4:4 though, or perhaps 5:3. Therefore, if we get the wrong person, we're in serious trouble. This cycle, we need questions badly. We need things answered badly. If you are innocent, answer every question honestly, and give out all the information you have - If not, we've lost anyway.

I am voting for Riingar, because he hasn't needed to defend himself much. He could easily have suggested that they vote for Riitii because of the chart. Riingar is high up on it, and if Riitii was found to be innocent, this would show that Riingar was likely to be innocent too, as Riitii thought so much of him. Riingar, explain why you voted for Riitii please.

I also want Jaelre to explain why he voted the way he did as well.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Alright, as to yesterday’s list of the suspicions against all of the remaining players, I’m pretty sure that I already clarified this in the post, but in case I did not, the majority of these suspicions were not mine, they were the suspicions of everyone compiled together.  The points made by everyone as a community, so we could get a good view of how things stand.  I was not the one to write the majority of those points, but I did leave all points brought up in there, no matter whether or not I agreed with them.  But apparently, this misunderstanding provoked a far more… vehement… response than I would’ve liked (from Riiiii).

I don’t really trust people in general; it’s more of a habit of mine.  So in this game, I tend to find players’ actions far more influential than what they say.  If you feel like I was attacking you, know that I was going mostly off of the evidence, not what people have said.  But, seeing as how the Mutineers have seemed to play so far, maybe I’m wrong and they have entirely fabricated the evidence.  Wouldn’t seem all too unlikely.  In fact, by making a lot of people suspicious, they can spread out our votes and reign control over it.  If that’s the case, we’re going to need to find a way to narrow down our voting pattern.  And I’m (very reluctantly) willing to agree with Kai on this one; if that means we’re going to have a bandwagon, then fine, so be it.  But if do something like that, we need to plan out who we’re going to lynch each day before actually going out and doing it.

I ain’t goin’ ta vote yet; I want ta see how things progress.  But I am, again, seein’ poor reasonin’ on Jeno an’ Jain’s part for thar vote.

Now, Wyrm, as fer me vote fer Riiiiiii th’ last two cycles, aye, it be partially b’cause o’ th’ chart.  Personally, after a while, I kinda thought he was makin’ me out ta be suspicious by puttin’ me high on th’ chart an’ then not getting’ any o’ th’ Mutineers ta kill me, so I’d ratherrrr suspiciously survive a lot longer than Aonar an’ Kai.  But I didn’t really see much evidence in th’ chart.  One thing I saw be, as you said, th’ fact that he’s voted fer th’ person gettin’ lynched every day.  Week 5, I voted fer Jain ta see who would vote with me.  At th’ time, that was most o’ the evidence I was goin’ off of.  I felt th’ fact that Riiiiii voted right aft’r me fer him was suspicious, but now I feel th’ evidence be less valid.  (Thar also be th’ other evidence I mentioned in me last post, but I don’ think that’s entirely incriminatin’ either.)  Last week, I began gettin’ even more suspicious, as Matim, one o’ th’ people who voted fer him, died.  An’ now, with Jene dead, an’ Luka not really considerin’ him suspicious fer whatever reason, I be th’ only one left ta find ‘im suspicious, an’ thar be no way I can lynch ‘im on me own.  I mean, sure, it could be set up, but I feel it be a rather deliberate act ta defend ‘imself.  (In that case, expect me ta die soon.)  At th’ verrry least, I felt that if he actually did turn out ta be loyal, we could still get a lot o’ info by seein’ who he voted with an’ against (an’ yes, we could validate his chart as well, but I'd doubt that'd be a verrry helpful source o’ information).  Howev’r, since it be verrry close ta crunch time, I don’ think we can really try ta lynch someone primarily fer th’ info anymore.  I’m not so one-sided tha’ I won’t consid’r oth’r options as ta who ta lynch.  I felt th’ evidence ‘gainst Riiiii be th’ strongest these past few days, but who knows, really?  Th' Mutineers seem to be incredibly unpredictable in thar killing/framing patterrrrns.

Thank you for your response - I remove my vote from Riingar, and call upon Jeno to the stand to explain his vote for Jaelre. Saying no-one ever suspects him is not really a cause for a vote. Not that you actually placed it though, it seems.

If New One gets online before I get a response from The Only Joe, know that I want you to defend your voting actions these last few days too. Your loyalty is questionable, but of vital importance.

Edited by Wyrmhero

This is How I see the game:

The Loyal Crew :

• Jeno [Wounded Gunner]: Well, I know I'm innocent. My problem with these games, Is I follow my gut feelings more than Logical evidence. For example, I had a huge post of evidence about Mai being disloyal, then he made a single comment about not trusting Kal, even though he'd been proven innocent by death 20 minutes earlier, And I Knew he was innocent.
  •  
  • Wyrm [Wounded Gunner]: He's been through, and Logical every step of the way. He's shown how he got to his conclusions. He forces people who vote wildly to explain their actions, pretty much everyone who had suspicions against him are also suspicious, or stopped voting for him after he defended himself.
  •  
  • Jatae: I voted for a Player who I think is Loyal, to see who would try to bandwagon it. Of course, it was Panda, so it could be him playing stupid again. Anyway. Jatae hasn't actually done much this game. He only makes 1 or 2 posts per cycle. He's voted for Jain, multiple times, for being Suspicious and a Hindrance.
  •  
  • Rii(eye)iiiii: Like Wyrm, he's been very logical, and Open. He's shown us exactly how he got to his conclusions. He's been nothing but Helpful.
  •  
  • Hreo: He tried to save Riigisaii5iihiibiimiiisiicivbiimoii56eii's Life on Cycle 6 by voting for Jain, but his color didn't work. Also, he made this Quote:

So do we just suck at lynching people or what? Like seriously, we have to be setting some sort of record here.

Remember How I said I often followed gut feelings due to one comment? That one makes me sure Hreo is innocent.

The Treacherous Dogs! (Dang it Wyrm! I wanted to say the Fjorden dogs. Why'd you have to be Fjorden?)

• Jain [wounded Gunner]: In Past games, his voting has been erratic, and random. They have been here as well, but he's been a lot more, pursuasive about it. Trying to get people to Utterly destroy that person. There's a small chance that he's innocent, but if he is, he deserves to be an honarary Mutineer.
  •  
  • Ringar: He's been generally suspicious of everyone. He votes for Riiiii a lot due to Riii's helpful chart.
  •  
  • Luka: Honestly? I suspect her, because there has to be at least 3 Mutineers, and She's the only one left who I haven't fully decided on.

Because of the possibility of Jain being Innocent but stupid, I'm voting for Riingar.

Edited by The Only Joe

Uh... okay... I’m not entirely sure how solid your evidence is there, Jeno.  I don’t see at all how the fact that I’m suspicious of everyone makes me a Mutineer.  First of all, if you're referring to that list I made yesterday, I’ve already explained this twice now, but that is a list of everyone’s suspicions compiled for all of the remaining players.  I don’t agree with a lot of the evidence in that list, but I put it up there for the sake of information and fairness.  And while I give a reasonable amount of suspicion to everyone, I do find some people more suspect than others.  But if we fail to direct some amount of suspicion towards everyone and instead decide to trust a few people with every word they say, then that gives the Mutineers an extraordinary opportunity to take advantage of us and lead us to our doom.  Wyrm has also stated that he’s suspicious of everyone, so I don’t really see what sets him apart as less suspicious than me, using the evidence you’ve provided.

And also, I have not been voting for Riiiii because his chart has been unhelpful.  It has been a useful way of gauging his opinions, but the reasons for my votes the past two weeks have been mostly due to his votes and the actions and deaths of other players.  I explained everything in my last post.

My problem with these games, Is I follow my gut feelings more than Logical evidence.

In that case, yer gut be a Mutineerrrr. :ph34r:

Hreo woke up screaming. Someone had their hand on his face. He slapped it away but it was too light. It wasn't just anyone's hand, and there was no arm attached to it. It was, in fact, Wyrm's severed hand. It flipped down onto Hreo's chest, palm down like some sort of little 5-legged creature. Hreo grabbed it and hurled it against the bulk head, panting wildly. Most of the crew ignored the macabre prank. Things we're getting so grim on the ship that it was hard to find humor in anything anymore, even tormenting Hreo.

No time for a mega post today, so I'll just address a few of the accusations at me. Mainly from Luka.

Honestly, I was just as surprised as anyone that my lat minute week 2 shenanigans earned me MORE trust. I even said so, or well I implied it, when I commented on Rii-in-the-ski bumping me up to Valiant on his list.

As for why I didn't say anything early, it was exactly because I wanted to avoid reactions like Luka's. I figured it could only bring suspicion down on my head. After all, why would anyone use a grappling hook to essentially cancel out their own vote? I wanted to reveal it on Friday, when Wyrm and a few others brought up the grappling hook incident again and were trying to draw conclusions from it. We're down to a handful of players and just a few days left, and I didn't want characters I trusted and respected wasting time and effort drawing false conclusions. But again on Friday I didn't have time to post really anything, so I did it as soon as I was able to on Saturday.

As for why I went for KalFS on the following weeks, that's simply because he was my biggest suspect. I thought at the time that one of the gunners had to be a mutineer, and of the three self proclaimed gunners KalFS was the one I trusted least. By the way, this is true now more than ever- with this many gunners one or two of them HAS to be a mutineer. I'm positive because (time for another big revelation) I'm ALSO a gunner. You can doubt me if you like, but I'm sure by tomorrow it will be public knowledge anyway.

And to address the next question: why would I reveal that now? Well thanks to Luka's grappling hook yesterday I'm sure I'm up next on the mutineer's chopping block. Every time the grappling hook has been used (regardless of who used it) on someone, that person has been attacked the next day. So I'm telling you this now, so that when the mutineers attack me tonight you won't be surprised when it turns out I'm a gunner.

So this means we have at least 6 proclaimed or proven gunners in the game. Two of those (Jene and KalFS, are dead and proven innocent. 4 gunners are still alive.

Jeno

Wyrm

Jain

Hreo

That means half of our current living players are gunners. Just for completeness, the non-gunner players are:

Riingar

Luka

Jaelre

Rii-tie-die

Guys, at least one, if not two, of the gunners has to be a mutineer. In fact, I'm leaning more and more toward the idea that there are only two mutineers, both gunners. It just makes a lot of sense when you look at our inability to find any of them, the sheer number of gunners in this game, and the attack patterns that Riingar laid out.

So which of the gunners do I suspect of being a mutineer? Obviously, I know I'm not. Jeno is looking more and more like a WGG. Wyrm could be as well, but then I would have to throw out all the sound advice he's given this game. Jain? At this point, he almost definitely is a mutineer. I would be shocked if he wasn't.

Assuming Jain is a mutineer and we somehow miraculously are actually able to lynch him, then Jeno is my next suspect. Both of them are crazy enough that I could see them both doing a WGG.

If it turns out there is only one mutineer gunner, Luka is my next biggest suspect, hands down.

Just decided to look at the current Votes:

Jaelre(1): Jain

Jeno(1): Wrym

Riingar(0): Jeno

Jain(2): Hreo, Jeno

No votes(4): Luka, Jaelre, Riingar, Tie-Dye-iii

Ok, We might want to consolidate votes a bit to prevent a lastminute Vote for the captain. I'll vote for Jain or Riingar, whichever is more likely to get voted off the Ship. Currently, I'll switch from Riingar to Jain. But if people start voting for Riingar, I'll switch back.