Quick Fix Game 2: Crushthroat's Beginnings

Regarding Kal's defense, while this is no way conclusive, keep in mind that the Mutineers are in a limited number, and while their win condition is in effect outnumbering the rest of the crew, the coordination required makes it much more valuable to preserve as many people as possible.

You'd think there'd actually be someone trying to defend me, if they wanted to preserve as many of their number as possible. :P

Again, I'll say it: When I die, the people pushing for my death probably have a Mutineer in their midst.

Voting for Luka just so that she comes on and talks. Also voting for the coin because I kind of lost some gambling last night.

I totally wrote this whole in the time since you posted.  :P ​Not really.

I’m sorry I haven’t been very helpful this game. The combination of the short cycles and my being out of town at the beginning have made it difficult to catch up, and yesterday I ended up using the time I had for this game defending my actions the day before instead of adding anything useful. I’m going to try to comment on the current situation now, and hopefully I can add something useful.

It appears that there was no grappling hook used during the last cycle. I see three possibilities concerning this:

1. No one had it. If no one bid on a grappling hook during week 2, then no one would have it. Whoever used it during week 2 couldn’t have bid on it during week 2, so if there wasn’t someone else bidding, then it might have stayed in storage. However, if anyone bid on it and lost, then this isn’t possible.

2. The person who had it forgot to use it. This doesn’t seem very likely, but it is possible if they thought they would get on later, especially since the most recent writeup went up slightly less than 24 hours after the one before it.

3. The person who had it didn’t use it on purpose. This seems the most likely to me. They might have cared more about keeping it from others than about using it themselves (for example, the Mutineers probably don’t want to risk someone blocking their group kill with the Grappling Hook, no matter how unlikely it is), and they might have wanted to gamble or try for a Buckler or the new Grappling Hook or something instead of using it when they wouldn’t affect the vote anyway.

Kal obviously either survived because he is a Gunner, as he claimed, or because he had a Buckler. I think the former is more likely because he was inactive the day before. While he was on at some point during week 2, he neither voted nor posted, and he thought he would be able to get on later. So I suspect that if he was going to try to get a buckler that day, he would have expected to have time later when he could vote. Also, I don’t think he was on after most of the votes for him were cast, so I don’t think he knew that he would be in danger and need a buckler the next day.

The more I look at the situation with Kal, the more it looks like a setup. I could see some Mutineers joining in on one of their own last cycle after the suspicious grappling hook, especially since he was a gunner. However, no one has really put up resistance to lynching Kal other than to point out that it is a bandwagon. I am reluctant to jump on the bandwagon right now, so I’ll hold off on voting for now and hope some better information comes up later. If it is a setup, then that makes me think that both Kal and Jene are innocent, unless whoever used the grappling hook on Kai was an innocent and was correct in distrusting Jene, and that leaves us to suspect only people who have been less suspicious.

Whatever we do, we’ll need to make sure that we don’t leave enough room for the Mutineers to control the vote at the end of the cycle, and we need to make sure that someone actually dies. While it is good that we haven’t lost anyone to a mislynch yet, this is our fourth cycle and the only successful kills have been done by the Mutineers. If we keep this up, they will chip at us until we are all dead. Even if we lynch an innocent, at this point we need the information that comes with someone dying in order to learn the allegiance of the people who voted for them.

Right now the people I am most suspicious of are Kal and Jeno. However, as I said above, Kal looks more and more like he is being set up. Jeno looks suspicious for similar reasons that I imagine I look suspicious—inactivity and poor reasoning—that are more likely related to real life stuff than game stuff.

The people I probably trust the most now are Riingar, Riitiidiikiiiir, and Wyrm, mostly because they are promoting discussion and putting out their suspicions. I don’t know what it says that two of those three have led the vote against Kal twice (I believe Wyrm retracted before anyone else voted Kal during week 2, so he didn’t really lead the vote against him), although they seem to be trusted by most people. I also trust Mai a fair bit, although not quite as much, and I don’t really think Matim is acting like a Mutineer. Oh yeah, and Hreo has been pretty proactive in discussions, especially early on, and he, along with the Rii’s, has been one of the most consistent votes against Kal. That puts him in pretty good company at least.

The other living players are Jene, Jatae, and Jain. Jain is difficult to analyze in general. Jatae hasn’t really said a lot and seems pretty passive. I don’t know whether that is because he is trying not to do anything too suspicious or if it is just his play style. Jene still seems a bit suspicious, but not overly so.

By the way, I really hope that enough innocents are saving up for the axe. If the Mutineers get it, then we will have no chance. Depending on how many of the Mutineers are saving up for it, it will take quite a bit of luck for us to get it. Gambling seems like a poor way to get enough coins for it since it would take two wins for a one-day worth of increase in coins.

I was going to try to write an RP post, but I really can't think of anything and I don't really have time.

Alright, Mai, ye asked fer it… I be havin’ ta write a borin’ non-pirate-speak defense for meself here, per yer last post.  I understand that ye would like everyone ta question their leadership, an' I don' disagree, but I feel what yer doin' now be taken it a step too far.  (An' plus I realized somethin' a bit suspicious 'bout ye post that I be addressin' down below.)  I know I may be takin' that simple post too far, but well, this be a good way to address me actions in this game.  So, me hearties, sit back, grab yerself some grog an’ hardtack, an’ listen ta me tale o' sorrow.

Okay, I guess I’m going to have to explain why I voted for who I did so far.  This is my personal defense, so if the rest of you being accused want to defend yourselves or something, uh... good luck.

First of all, during the second cycle, I wouldn’t have voted for Kal if he had responded to me.  Now I know why he was inactive that cycle, but at the time, I saw the lack of response a bit suspicious.  At the very least, I gave no reasons to start a “bandwagon” (if that’s what you call a one-vote lead over two other players).  And once the third cycle came, I also voted for Kal at the start of the day in the hopes that he would respond.  He did respond, but by that point (I didn’t post then, since I was heading off to bed) I had decided, due to the last night’s voting shenanigans, there was something off about Kal.  (However, I have since changed my opinions a little.  But, by no means is Kal off the hook.)  Plus at the time, nobody else seemed suspicious enough to warrant switching my vote to them.  (But again, I never gave any conclusive evidence against Kal that cycle to try and start a bandwagon.)  I’ll admit that I was one of the first people to vote for Kal those two cycles, but again, the reasoning behind it wasn’t to get a bandwagon started; in fact, I’m not completely sure those two cycles were legitimate bandwagons.  At the very least, it seemed like most of the people that voted for Kal had their own reasons for doing so, rather than just joining in because of what everyone else said.  Today, however, might seem a bit more bandwagony, as half of the players who have voted so far have voted for Kal without as much reason.  Then again, most of them have voiced their reasons yesterday.

However, Mai, the fact that you seem to be trusting Kal already, before we’ve even proven his self-proclaimed innocence, tells me that maybe you already know of his alignment.  I’m not voting for you, but I’m definitely less certain that you're being set up by the Mutineers than I was before.  There's a good chance I'm wrong here, but it honestly seems like you’re using what Kal has said as an excuse to lay down some blame on the most active members of the crew.  I can’t say I totally trust the other actives and the players high on Riiasodina’s trust chart, but if we’re all killed off… well, we’ve basically lost the entire basis of our crew.  Does that mean you’re a Mutineer?  Not at all, but I will be watching you more carefully.

As for Kal… I don’t know what to say of your innocence, but I see no reason to add to the votes against you at this time.  The rest of you who haven’t voted (and those who have), I suggest you not vote for Kal unless you are quite sure he is a Mutineer, just to further prevent any further bandwagoning.  I don’t really suspect that we have an actual bandwagon today either, but as I’ve said in this post and numerous times before, bandwagoning is usually bad.  (Seriously, would I be trying to promote a bandwagon when I’ve rather overtly stated not to do it?)

Since Hreo seems to have jumped onto this so-called "bandwagon" and is rather active, I’d just like to know what his motivations are.  He's said that the fact Kal is a Gunner doesn't make him any more or less suspicious.  But, just for more information’s sake, why exactly do you think he's suspicious in the first place?

Also, I’m sorry Kal, but I just don’t believe you.  If you turn out to be innocent, then it could mean that some of the Mutineers have been voting for you.  It is likely that at least one of the Mutineers is in one of the votes for you, but that’s just casting the net too wide.  We’re not going to be able to pick out every single person that voted for you and individually lynch them one by one.  First of all, we’ll be long dead by then, and second of all, I'd imagine we'll have a lot of trouble deciding who to lynch.  But what I’ve seen in previous games is that Team Evil tends to spread their votes around, even if there is a bandwagon.  So, I will take what you've said into account when determining people's trustworthiness, but it is by no means decisive.

Edit: And so endeth th' rant.  I apologize if I seem to be attackin' ye too much, but I want ta challenge people, so that everyone gets anoth'r perspective.  An' this be seemin' a great opp'rtunity ta do it.

Edited by Renegade

Thanks for coming on Luka (sorry about forcing you on by the way). Also Mai voted for you, Luka, so probably pay attention to that. In other news I'm changing my vote to Jatae so that he posts (which may not happen because it's getting late but I can try). Yes, I take pride that I'm too random to be evil. Still don't follow my actions or bandwagon on my votes I'm a bad example of how to play the game.

I almost forgot, here’s the most recent list of who’s voted who.

Jene (0): Mai
Riitiidiikiiiir (0): Wyrm, Matim
Kal FengShi (4): Jain, Riitiidiikiiiir, Hreo, Jatae
Mai (1): Jene
Luka (1): Mai, Matim
Jain (1): Wyrm
Hreo (1): Riingar
Jatae (1): Matim
No vote yet: Luka, Jeno, Kal

So far, Kal is ahead by a large enough margin for the vote to go through, although I think Jatae implied he might change his vote later, and I’m still not convinced that Kal is a Mutineer. If there are a lot of last-minute vote shenanigans, though, things could change easily.

Hreo stepped away from the railing, shaky and pale-faced. Finally one of the crew had untied him- only because the captain ordered it- and Hreo had been fed a large bowl of stew. Which he had then promptly thrown up.

Alright, sorry about not contributing as much today and yesterday. It was easy to be really active during the weekend but now that we're in the work week I'm having a harder time of it. Lets see, where to start?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, can you explain why Hreo is Valiant in your eyes?

Honestly, I don't know why I'm that high up, either. I was aiming for "Meh," myself, but only because that's my favorite named category.  :P

But seriously, let's see if I can justify that ranking a little bit.

Hreo, paused, turned green, then ran back to the railing. After a minute, he wiped his mouth off on his shirt and then returned.

Let's break down the possibilities for yesterday's bandwagon, since (surprisingly) nobody has done it yet:

1) All 3-4 mutineers were part of the bandwagon to lynch KalFS. Possible, but unlikely, since (as has been pointed out) the baddies tend to not like being clumped together like that.

2) NONE of the mutineers voted for KalFS. Also possible, but unlikely. That would be quite the unlikely turn of events if roughly 2/3rds of the innocent players all happened to hone in on a Mutineer based on nothing more than suspicions.

3) Some of the mutineers voted for KalFS, some voted for other people. This seems by far the most likely scenario. With a full half of the votes of the surviving players on KalFS, there is undoubtedly at least one or two Mutineers in there. Even if KalFS is himself a mutineer (and I still suspect he may be, see below), then one or two of his villainous companions probably joined in on the vote once it became obvious he would be lynched anyway, just to divert any suspicions from themselves.

Now as for why I am still voting for KalFS today-

This time Hreo didn't make it to the railing, he fell to his knees and heaved his guts all over the deck. Nobody minded too much, Hreo would be the one cleaning it up anyway.

It seems highly odd that nobody seems to remember the events of Week 2, where KalFS was saved by the grappling hook. We all (or well, several of us) suspected that it was a mutineer who used the grappling hook to save him. Then on the next day, when the lynch went through again, he survived, and all of a sudden that means he's innocent? Um, why? Even if he is a gunner, we already know that there are no safe roles (except the Quarter Master I assume), so why couldn't he have been a mutineer gunner? Or, let me propose another possibility. When the mutineers saw that KalFS was in danger of being lynched they used the grappling hook to save him (albeit just barely). Also, at the same time, KalFS bids on the buckler, knowing that his life might be in danger again the next day. Notice that he didn't claim to be a Gunner until the Week after he was saved, and when several votes had already accumulated against him. At that point, buckler in hand, it would be a pretty safe claim, and no one could disprove him. His fellow mutineers (or well, at least the 1 or 2 of them he had been able to PM during that time) could even safely add a few votes against him, knowing that he had his buckler to protect him that day.

Or, I could be completely wrong and KalFS is just a regular Powder Monkey Gunner. However, of the three self-proclaimed gunners, he is hands down the one I'm most suspicious of.

Hreo turned green again, and looked around, grabbing the now-empty stew pot from the shelf. After retching into it, he glanced up to the space on the shelf where the pot had been. Behind it was a bottle labeled "Up-Chuck Powder." An empty bottle. Behind him he could hear several of his shipmates chuckle.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Herowannabe

Mai (Mailliw73)

I'm even more certain than ever of his Intelligence. But I think he's a Mutineer.

People shouldn't use secret codes in this game.

On Cylce one, He voted for Jene, one of the only people who had posted, (Me being the other) in his words "Not for much reason other than to get coins. Sorry." Later he edited the Post, explaining that he might not be able to get back on before tomorrow. Aonar votes him, I vote Aonar, Maw reiterates his possible inability to get back on, and says he accused Jene because he was one of the first people to post. After that, He doesn't get back on until Cycle two.

Seriously, it goes against the Spirit of the game.

So, in the beginning of the cycle, before he can really talk to his fellow mutineers, he votes for an active, Experienced player. Both of those traits are things the Mutineers are killing.

Meta specificcly asked us not to.

On Cycle two, He asked Jene if he had a buckler or if he was a gunman, than RP's apologizing. Than he he guesses that at least one of the gunners must be a Mutineer. (At the time, it was Jene and Kai). He chose to vote Jene. Later on, he talks more about a Gunner being a Mutineer, and that's why he's voting for Jene.

Níl, ag baint úsáide Teanga difriúil nach n-áirítear mar chód rúnda.

Just bad logic really. Yes, the Mutineer's will have at least one gunner, but it's a waste of lynches lynching Known gunners you only suspect, when there's other more suspicious that can actually be killed.

Unless that language is also encoded.

On Cylce three, He votes for Jene, first thing. Gives his logic for Voting for Jene every time. Then uses a code that has yet to be deciphered. He says that Jene is right that he's never online in the last half of the Cycle, while posting several times, in the last half of the cycle...

I used Irish by the way

He's consistent at least. Jene's been injured, we have plenty of new information, and Mai won't stop hunting him. (Admittetly, Jene is acting Suspicious).

On Cycle four, he accuses Jene again, and reveals that he's a gunner. He also advocates for the lynching of Kal Fang. He later retracts his vote, and votes for Luka, while also Suspecting Kal.

He has voted for Jene again and again, early in the cycle, all three cycles so far.This doesn't match his behavior for previous games where he was innocent. He tended to change his votes more in those games. And he's voting early in the cycle, and never changing his vote when new evidence arises. He claims it's because he's not on in the last half, but then why doesn't he change his vote Next cycle?

And yes, this is kind of Last minute, But I've been analyzing votes.

Edited by The Only Joe

Or, let me propose another possibility. When the mutineers saw that KalFS was in danger of being lynched they used the grappling hook to save him (albeit just barely). Also, at the same time, KalFS bids on the buckler, knowing that his life might be in danger again the next day. Notice that he didn't claim to be a Gunner until the Week after he was saved, and when several votes had already accumulated against him. At that point, buckler in hand, it would be a pretty safe claim, and no could disprove him. His fellow mutineers (or well, at least the 1 or 2 of them he had been able to PM during that time) could even safely add a few votes against him, knowing that he had his buckler to protect him that day.

This is a situation that I considered quite likely at first. However I later thought it more unlikely after considering his activity during cycle 2. In fact it is exactly what I was arguing against when I said:

Kal obviously either survived because he is a Gunner, as he claimed, or because he had a Buckler. I think the former is more likely because he was inactive the day before. While he was on at some point during week 2, he neither voted nor posted, and he thought he would be able to get on later. So I suspect that if he was going to try to get a buckler that day, he would have expected to have time later when he could vote. Also, I don’t think he was on after most of the votes for him were cast, so I don’t think he knew that he would be in danger and need a buckler the next day.

If I remember correctly, he wasn't even on after people started voting for him (and that's part of why I was reluctant to jump in and vote for him), and if he didn't even have time to post and vote, I don't think he had time to bid. 

It is possible that Kal is a Mutineer Gunner, but I'd think the Mutineers would have been more likely to let the votes stand if he was instead of throwing an incriminating hook, especially since it was almost a tie anyway. However, it is possible that whoever had the hook didn't know he was a Gunner yet because they were the last to get to receive PMs or something, in which case they would want to save him at the risk of making him look suspicious. It's also possible that a loyal crew member had the hook and just doesn't want to speak up, in which case most of the discussion about the hook is pointless.

Either way, it looks like he's going to die this cycle unless someone changes votes last-minute. I'm just going to throw a vote on Kal FangShi now so that that doesn't happen, and because he's still the top of my suspect list even though I'm not certain of his guilt, and because I still need to vote for someone. The more I think about it, it really is possible that the Grappler didn't know that Kal was a Gunner or that they did want to protect his second life. I just hope he doesn't have the Buckler this time.

Here's the most recent votes:

Jene (0): Mai

Riitiidiikiiiir (0): Wyrm, Matim

Kal FengShi (5): Jain, Riitiidiikiiiir, Hreo, Jatae, Luka

Mai (2): Jene, Jeno

Luka (1): Mai, Matim

Jain (1): Wyrm

Hreo (1): Riingar

Jatae (1): Matim

No vote: Kal

I'll address the accusations and suspicions towards me in a little while when I have time. I just want to make sure that this is put up before Meta posts. :P

Luka to Hreo. Something about Hero doesn't feel right. It feels different then the other games he's played. There were only two, but still. The fact that he is so high up in Riiiiii's list also doesn't feel right to me. I could understand someone like Kas or even Wyrm, but Hreo, not so much.

Re: Luka: Good point, I missed that. However, like I said, I still suspect KalFS more than Jene or Mai, and there is nobody I have any higher suspicions for at the moment. Plus, I hesitate to do more than one crazy-last-minute-game-changing-vote-change per game. :P

Re: Mai: Fair enough. My behavior is pretty easy to explain though- this is how I've been in all the games I've played. The difference is that in the past games it all happened in PMs (just ask Aonar or JasonPenguin).

Also, I'm finding that in these games they eat up so much of my personal time that I start not caring as much about whether I live or die and start acting just a little recklessly. The quick-fix format seems to be accelerating that feeling. :\ *shrug*

Week 5- Wistful Breezes

After his impromptu dunking, Kal just wanted to be left alone. It was obvious that he couldn’t trust this Crew any more and even though he hadn’t really cared for them much in the first place, something about this betrayal pained him deeply. They might not all like each other and they might not all get along, but the were still a Crew, right? A Crew was supposed to have each other’s backs, not be putting knives in them.

The entire Crew was yelling and singing maritime songs as loudly as they could due to Captain Crushthroat’s order, so Fang huddled up and hid in the only place that he knew he might be able to get some peace and quiet; in one of the dinghies. He just happened to pick the one on the side closest to the mysterious island they were passing.

As he sat there, trying to dry off as best he could, he decided that it had to be those blasted Mutineer’s fault. He figured that the Crew wouldn’t be so harsh if it weren’t for the fear of knives in the dark. Well, he’d show them! He’d find them out if it was the last thing he did! Then the Crew could go back to being a close-knit group and they would laugh and raid together. He’d be able to start to think of them as brothers rather than strangers and eventually, they’d even all look back on this time and laugh at how wrong they were to have pushed him off the bow.

He sat there, picturing a bright and wonderful future when he caught the faint sound of music on the air. He immediately perked up and strained to hear more of it, but it was gone.

He was just about to settle back down when he heard it again! He bolted upright, trying to pin down the source of that haunting melody before it disappeared again. It seemed to be coming from the island, but before he could make out any of the words, the song disappeared again; replaced by the raucous cries of the Crew.

He stared out towards the island, longing for just a strand or stanza more. He turned back towards the ship and tried to get the Crew to quiet down, so that he’d be able to hear it better, but no one paid him any mind. He leaned out as far as he could, perched precariously on the lip of the dinghy, in the hopes of catching the song again.

When the breeze blew away from the island and Fang could hear the song again, he was struck numb by the beauty of it. It was as if some angelic being was singing specifically to him. All his thoughts of Mutineers and Crews and Futures faded into the background; leaving only him and the song. He needed to find the source! He wanted to hear this song in its entirety and he wouldn’t rest until he did!

Without so much as a backwards glance, Kal FangShi dived off the AonTeo and swam towards the island….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Fang had even a spare thought for it anymore, it would have pained him to know that multiple crewmembers had actually seen what was going on and knew what it meant. They still did nothing to stop him from jumping to his doom. Brothers indeed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeno had always been a crew of one before… before the incident and in many ways, he still preferred it that way. It had been days since they left Kal and that cursed island behind, but Jeno still felt like he could feel the lingering effects. Every time the wind picked up, you could still find crewmembers perking up, as if they were listening for something on the breeze.

Jeno wasn’t one of them. He had already felt like he had an albatross tied around his neck; he didn’t need the added weight.

As Jeno stood at the bow, looking over the far too big ocean as far as he was concerned, he reflected on how he got here. In the end, he didn’t know who he blamed more; the Dulas, the alcohol, the stupid thief, or himself. If he could go back, he would’ve turned his barge around and taken the lesser price he was offered before that horrible night.

He stood there, wistfully thinking of the life he could’ve had when he heard the telltale whistle of something flying through the air. Suddenly a Grappling Hook shot up towards him from underneath the bow. It hit him in the face, ripping a scar across his left side of his face before embedding itself in his forearm.

Jeno started to cry out in pain, but before he did more than gasp inwards, he was yanked forwards, off the front of the ship. As he fell along the same route Fang did, he saw a shadowy figure hanging from the figurehead. They meant to keelhaul him!

Jeno hit the icy, night waters and then the AonTeo caught up to him and bashed him in the side, dragging him down into a watery grave.

It’s probably better than I deserve, he thought as he skidded across the bottom of the ship. At least now I can finally be alone.

Jeno had almost given into his fate when he thought about the rest of the Crew. While he wasn’t fond of any of them, he just couldn’t leave them to the hands of that shadowy figure!

With a new resolve, he proved how he had been able to kill a man with only a chair and used the Grappling Hook’s rope to haul himself back out of the night-touched waters.

When he pulled himself back on deck, he noticed that he couldn’t see out of his left eye. The Grappling Hook must have torn it out. He ripped off a piece of cloth and wound it around his head as an improvised eyepatch. It would do for now.

Week 4 Ends and Week 5 Begins! 24 hours, as per usual.

Kal FangShi found himself caught in the Siren’s Song with no one to help him! Lament for the Loyal Gunner!
Jeno survived!

Votes
Kal FangShi- V (Jatae, Jain, Hreo, Riitiidiikiir, Luka)
Mai- l (Jeno, Jene)
Hreo- ll (Riingar, Mai)
Jatae- l (Matim)
Jain- l (Wyrm)
No Votes- Kal FangShi

Edited by Alvron

Crap. Admitting Time. I'm a Gunner. I never said anything about that because Mai and others have been saying that at least some of the gunners were Evil.

Now then, I'm going to vote for Mai again for the reasons I said earlier.

Now then, about me being attacked. The killer was online after I posted my reasons for wanting to lynch Mai. I don't know if it was Mai, But they saw my post, and either tried to defend Mai, or cast additional blame on him. The People online in that timeperiod were Me, Mai, New one, Jaelre, Luckat, Kal Dell, jene, Hero, and Meta.

Alright, Mai, ye asked fer it… I be havin’ ta write a borin’ non-pirate-speak defense for meself here, per yer last post. I understand that ye would like everyone ta question their leadership, an' I don' disagree, but I feel what yer doin' now be taken it a step too far. (An' plus I realized somethin' a bit suspicious 'bout ye post that I be addressin' down below.) I know I may be takin' that simple post too far, but well, this be a good way to address me actions in this game. So, me hearties, sit back, grab yerself some grog an’ hardtack, an’ listen ta me tale o' sorrow.

Okay, I guess I’m going to have to explain why I voted for who I did so far. This is my personal defense, so if the rest of you being accused want to defend yourselves or something, uh... good luck.

First of all, during the second cycle, I wouldn’t have voted for Kal if he had responded to me. Now I know why he was inactive that cycle, but at the time, I saw the lack of response a bit suspicious. At the very least, I gave no reasons to start a “bandwagon” (if that’s what you call a one-vote lead over two other players). And once the third cycle came, I also voted for Kal at the start of the day in the hopes that he would respond. He did respond, but by that point (I didn’t post then, since I was heading off to bed) I had decided, due to the last night’s voting shenanigans, there was something off about Kal. (However, I have since changed my opinions a little. But, by no means is Kal off the hook.) Plus at the time, nobody else seemed suspicious enough to warrant switching my vote to them. (But again, I never gave any conclusive evidence against Kal that cycle to try and start a bandwagon.) I’ll admit that I was one of the first people to vote for Kal those two cycles, but again, the reasoning behind it wasn’t to get a bandwagon started; in fact, I’m not completely sure those two cycles were legitimate bandwagons. At the very least, it seemed like most of the people that voted for Kal had their own reasons for doing so, rather than just joining in because of what everyone else said. Today, however, might seem a bit more bandwagony, as half of the players who have voted so far have voted for Kal without as much reason. Then again, most of them have voiced their reasons yesterday.

However, Mai, the fact that you seem to be trusting Kal already, before we’ve even proven his self-proclaimed innocence, tells me that maybe you already know of his alignment. I’m not voting for you, but I’m definitely less certain that you're being set up by the Mutineers than I was before. There's a good chance I'm wrong here, but it honestly seems like you’re using what Kal has said as an excuse to lay down some blame on the most active members of the crew. I can’t say I totally trust the other actives and the players high on Riiasodina’s trust chart, but if we’re all killed off… well, we’ve basically lost the entire basis of our crew. Does that mean you’re a Mutineer? Not at all, but I will be watching you more carefully.

As for Kal… I don’t know what to say of your innocence, but I see no reason to add to the votes against you at this time. The rest of you who haven’t voted (and those who have), I suggest you not vote for Kal unless you are quite sure he is a Mutineer, just to further prevent any further bandwagoning. I don’t really suspect that we have an actual bandwagon today either, but as I’ve said in this post and numerous times before, bandwagoning is usually bad. (Seriously, would I be trying to promote a bandwagon when I’ve rather overtly stated not to do it?)

Since Hreo seems to have jumped onto this so-called "bandwagon" and is rather active, I’d just like to know what his motivations are. He's said that the fact Kal is a Gunner doesn't make him any more or less suspicious. But, just for more information’s sake, why exactly do you think he's suspicious in the first place?

Also, I’m sorry Kal, but I just don’t believe you. If you turn out to be innocent, then it could mean that some of the Mutineers have been voting for you. It is likely that at least one of the Mutineers is in one of the votes for you, but that’s just casting the net too wide. We’re not going to be able to pick out every single person that voted for you and individually lynch them one by one. First of all, we’ll be long dead by then, and second of all, I'd imagine we'll have a lot of trouble deciding who to lynch. But what I’ve seen in previous games is that Team Evil tends to spread their votes around, even if there is a bandwagon. So, I will take what you've said into account when determining people's trustworthiness, but it is by no means decisive.

Edit: And so endeth th' rant. I apologize if I seem to be attackin' ye too much, but I want ta challenge people, so that everyone gets anoth'r perspective. An' this be seemin' a great opp'rtunity ta do it.

I definitely do not trust Kal. He just brought up points that I also noticed today. It is quite interesting.

Mai (Mailliw73)

I'm even more certain than ever of his Intelligence. But I think he's a Mutineer.

People shouldn't use secret codes in this game.

On Cylce one, He voted for Jene, one of the only people who had posted, (Me being the other) in his words "Not for much reason other than to get coins. Sorry." Later he edited the Post, explaining that he might not be able to get back on before tomorrow. Aonar votes him, I vote Aonar, Maw reiterates his possible inability to get back on, and says he accused Jene because he was one of the first people to post. After that, He doesn't get back on until Cycle two.

Seriously, it goes against the Spirit of the game.

So, in the beginning of the cycle, before he can really talk to his fellow mutineers, he votes for an active, Experienced player. Both of those traits are things the Mutineers are killing.

Meta specificcly asked us not to.

On Cycle two, He asked Jene if he had a buckler or if he was a gunman, than RP's apologizing. Than he he guesses that at least one of the gunners must be a Mutineer. (At the time, it was Jene and Kai). He chose to vote Jene. Later on, he talks more about a Gunner being a Mutineer, and that's why he's voting for Jene.

Níl, ag baint úsáide Teanga difriúil nach n-áirítear mar chód rúnda.

Just bad logic really. Yes, the Mutineer's will have at least one gunner, but it's a waste of lynches lynching Known gunners you only suspect, when there's other more suspicious that can actually be killed.

Unless that language is also encoded.

On Cylce three, He votes for Jene, first thing. Gives his logic for Voting for Jene every time. Then uses a code that has yet to be deciphered. He says that Jene is right that he's never online in the last half of the Cycle, while posting several times, in the last half of the cycle...

I used Irish by the way

He's consistent at least. Jene's been injured, we have plenty of new information, and Mai won't stop hunting him. (Admittetly, Jene is acting Suspicious).

On Cycle four, he accuses Jene again, and reveals that he's a gunner. He also advocates for the lynching of Kal Fang. He later retracts his vote, and votes for Luka, while also Suspecting Kal.

He has voted for Jene again and again, early in the cycle, all three cycles so far.This doesn't match his behavior for previous games where he was innocent. He tended to change his votes more in those games. And he's voting early in the cycle, and never changing his vote when new evidence arises. He claims it's because he's not on in the last half, but then why doesn't he change his vote Next cycle?

And yes, this is kind of Last minute, But I've been analyzing votes.

First about your white text concerning messages. If Kas had used a code that we prearranged, I would consider it cheating. What we did do was in the open, in white text, and only in other languages. Anyone could've used Google translate like I did. I don't consider what we did cheating. I honestly can only get on a half hour before the cycle ends and the beginning of the cycles. You can kill me, but it'll be a grave mistake.

Edit: So now, I say Jene has to be the mutineer Gunner. Yes, this is early on and I might change it, but it see no reason to. Unless this is a WGG, Jeno is pretty much cleared. Kal wasn't a Mutineer, and I'm not. So Jene it has to be. Yes I may be attacked, but let me tell you all something. Confession time: I'm another Kai. I'm not actually a Gunner. I've been bidding for Bucklers. I've won it twice out of four times. I was trying to draw the mutineer' store to myself. I don't know who got the buckler on Cycle three, but I failed to that cycle. Kal was a Gunner so it wasn't him. So no, I'm not a Gunner, but just a good bidder on Bucklers. I was keeping it away from the mutineers and trying to draw their fire away from you guys.

Edited by Mailliw73

:o well crap. And Hrmm. And Wow. All rolled into one.

Edit: WGG? What's that?

Edit2: Okay, so obviously I was wrong about KalFS, and wrong about him possibly using a buckler (Good catch, by the way Luka. You are now among the few players I tentatively trust). But as I was thinking about it, I realized another possible use for the buckler. Allow me to explain:

First week: Mutineer1 bids on a buckler. At the end of the week he receives it to be used the next week.

Next week: Mutineer1 PMs Mutineer2 and says "hey I have a buckler this week! Attack me today and then people will trust me!" M2 attacks M1, M1 survives and we all trust him. Meanwhile M1 and M2 and any other Ms are back in their secret layer chuckling menacingly and rubbing their hands together.

Now that being said, do I think that is what happened with Jeno? Maybe... I don't THINK so, but it is a possibility I'm considering. Mai: sorry it's late and I can't do the math- assuming your claims about the buckler bids are true, on which weeks did someone else have the buckler? Could Jene and/or Jeno have had the buckler on the day they were targeted? Or do we know for sure that either of them is a Gunner?

Edited by Herowannabe

Kal Dell is the only person that has been successfully lynched, funnily enough. Jeno, sorry, but I like bandwagons when I see them.

The Siren incident was quite an event. The crew had yelled themselves hoarse to escape the clutches of their beckoning song. Jain himself had been soundly asleep when it had occurred (being able to fall asleep and wake up at the drop of a hat) and had blissfully missed out on it. He had also missed out on the attempted attack and death. It was a pity to have Kal Feng Shi die. Now he was one of the few foreigners left on the ship. Jeno now had an eye and an eye-patch. Apparently, it had been take out by a Grappling Hook.

Getting up from his hammock, Jain found the toy panda on his shelf (the crew was superstitious and smart enough to give the panda its own quarters)... Wearing an adorable pair of ear-muffs. It looked like even the toy panda did not appreciate the Song of the Sirens. It also appeared that the toy panda had brought some luggage with it.

Or maybe someone was catering for its needs.

Someone is providing for the toy panda! Dun Dun Duuuun!

Edit: I WILL FIND YOU, COLOR EDITOR, AND I WILL KILL YOU

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Edit: WGG? What's that?

Wounded gazelle gambit I assume. Like what cessie did to us in game 2. I don't think this is want happened. I think the baddies are trying to kill people off quickly, and i trust joe because he voted for Mai. I think panda looks suspusious for voting for him.

I'll be placing my vote for Mai again for now. (shocker, huh?)

Now then, about me being attacked. The killer was online after I posted my reasons for wanting to lynch Mai. I don't know if it was Mai, But they saw my post, and either tried to defend Mai, or cast additional blame on him. The People online in that timeperiod were Me, Mai, New one, Jaelre, Luckat, Kal Dell, jene, Hero, and Meta.

Obviously it was Meta. Are you suggesting we should lynch him now? :huh: Obviously, I’m kidding. I just thought it was funny that you listed him.

On a more serious note, why do you think the reason for the attack on you was due to your post about Mai? Why would they suddenly change whatever plans they had when there was about 1 hour left in the cycle on the off chance that it would cause us to think they way they want us to think about Mai, when as you pointed out it could go either way?

Honestly, I’m surprised that they attacked you. Several people have expressed suspicion of you, and you’ve been relatively quiet this game, so you don’t really stand out as someone they would want to get rid of. The best reasons I can think of for them to attack you are either a gambit as has been brought up or they are running out of players that have been active this game that aren’t them so they wanted to throw us off. It is definitely interesting that you were apparently attacked with both the Grappling Hook and the Mutineer kill at once. I don’t quite know what to make of that.

Yes I may be attacked, but let me tell you all something. Confession time: I'm another Kai. I'm not actually a Gunner. I've been bidding for Bucklers. I've won it twice out of four times. I was trying to draw the mutineer' store to myself. I don't know who got the buckler on Cycle three, but I failed to that cycle. Kal was a Gunner so it wasn't him. So no, I'm not a Gunner, but just a good bidder on Bucklers. I was keeping it away from the mutineers and trying to draw their fire away from you guys.

I would also like to know the details of when you have had the buckler and who else could have had it. However, I don’t know if giving all that information to the Mutineers is the best idea. No matter what, I’m pretty sure it is impossible that Jene had it the week he was attacked because that was the first cycle, before anyone had any items, and kills are done before items are received in the action order so a buckler can only be used the cycle after it is bid on. I guess what it would be best to know is if Mai had the buckler during cycle 3 after bidding for it during cycle 2, so we know if it is possible that Jeno had it (instead of being a gunner).

Edit2: Okay, so obviously I was wrong about KalFS, and wrong about him possibly using a buckler (Good catch, by the way Luka. You are now among the few players I tentatively trust). But as I was thinking about it, I realized another possible use for the buckler. Allow me to explain:

First week: Mutineer1 bids on a buckler. At the end of the week he receives it to be used the next week.

Next week: Mutineer1 PMs Mutineer2 and says "hey I have a buckler this week! Attack me today and then people will trust me!" M2 attacks M1, M1 survives and we all trust him. Meanwhile M1 and M2 and any other Ms are back in their secret layer chuckling menacingly and rubbing their hands together.

Now that being said, do I think that is what happened with Jeno? Maybe... I don't THINK so, but it is a possibility I'm considering. Mai: sorry it's late and I can't do the math- assuming your claims about the buckler bids are true, on which weeks did someone else have the buckler? Could Jene and/or Jeno have had the buckler on the day they were targeted? Or do we know for sure that either of them is a Gunner?

This seems like a reasonable use for the Buckler. I imagine that if a Mutineer who wasn’t about to be lynched got one, then they might do something like that. Both the person with the buckler and the killer would have to weigh the costs and the benefits, and given how little they can communicate, it might fall through if just one person had the idea and tried to convince the other. The benefits are basically getting someone we are very likely to trust, unless we call them on it, and possibly implicating someone who would want to attack them. The costs would be losing a day of killing and losing the coins necessary for the bid. Depending on how much they want the axe or other items, they might not want to use those coins just to possibly get someone to be trusted. Would it be worth it, given the risk that it might fall through? I guess the question here is whether the person attacked (Jeno in this case) would be willing to probably lose out on his chance to get the axe for his team and whether he could convince the current killer to attack him. It doesn't seem the most likely, but it is a possibility.

​I don't know if this post even makes sense. I probably shouldn't be up this late. I'll try to figure out who I most suspect tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and here's the current vote tally:

Mai (2): Jeno, Jene

Jene (1): Mai

Jeno (1): Jain

Edited by luckat

Crap. Admitting Time. I'm a Gunner.

In the immortal words of Braon Blessed, "IS THERE ANYONE IN ROME ON THIS SHIP WHO IS NOT A GUNNER?!"

As I said, even if Kal Dell was innocent, we get information from that lynch. It's a shame to lose a Gunner, but that's what they're there for - soaking up kills, and Kal Dell managed to get three of our lynches. Of course, whether that's a good thing or not comes down to whether or not you think that we would have got a Mutineer instead, but regardless.

Mailliw asked why I voted for him on days two and three. Well, on day two I just wanted to talk to him. I then removed my vote before anyone else posted the same way, so I don't think you can accuse me of attempting to lead a lynch on him. Day 3, I voted for him though, certainly. I was heading off to bed, saw that the Kal Dell vote was heading somewhere, but a no-lynch could still have been reached at that point. I agreed that he was suspicious, so I put my vote on him, reasoning that if he did indeed defend himself well, then the many people on after me would easily be able to turn the vote around. I did not vote for him on day 4, however, because that vote was well and truly on the way.

We have three people 'confirmed' as Gunners - Well, more two confirmed and one not. Why do you think that one of them has to be evil, Mailliw? There's no reason for you to say that other than making the assumption that one of them has to be evil. Why do you think that this is Jene, since you haven't put any reasoning there other than that? You've voted for him before, so you must have a reason other than this, and I would like to hear it, or at least for you to restate it.

Now. Panda. What bandwagon? What reasons? Where was your reply to my point yesterday? Why vote for someone who was attacked the previous night? Or is that meant to be a vote for Jene, in which case what are your reasons for doing so? In short, tell us what in Damnation's name you're thinking before you vote. Or else you may find that's all the reason people need to vote for you.

*Cough* Sorry, got the letters wrong. Pretend the "o" is an "e". Or, more formally, I retract my vote for Jeno and vote Jene.

I find Malliw not guilty, since his Hidden Messages were directed to Kas, who turned out to be loyal. 

That isn't a reason to vote for Jene alongside him. My vote stands.

I'm voting Mai because in all the voting yesterday he never gave a reason for voting Luka. If he gives a reason I'll probably change my vote.

Matim was on deck trying to prevent his Fjorden shipmates from falling overdeck to the Siren's Isle, but failing mutiple times. When suddenly he saw Jeno badly injured lying on the deck. Matim took Jeno below deck and began wrapping up his injuries, giving him an eyepatch, and telling him that he had to rest for at least a couple days before he could resume working. While bandaging Jeno's wrist he mumbled a name that sounded like Mai. Jeno could have been just naming someone he suspected on being evil, or he could have been saying the name of the person who had hurt him this badly. Either way Matim had to investigate further.

No, Matim wasn't pushing people offboard. Where did you get that idea from?

Edited by Theorymaker

Mai: sorry it's late and I can't do the math- assuming your claims about the buckler bids are true, on which weeks did someone else have the buckler? Could Jene and/or Jeno have had the buckler on the day they were targeted? Or do we know for sure that either of them is a Gunner?

I don't want to give too much info to the Mutineers, but Jene was lynched on the first cycle, and items aren't given till the very end, so his can't be because of a Buckler. Jeno is a Gunner. 

Wounded gazelle gambit I assume. Like what cessie did to us in game 2. I don't think this is want happened. I think the baddies are trying to kill people off quickly, and i trust joe because he voted for Mai. I think panda looks suspusious for voting for him.

I'll be placing my vote for Mai again for now. (shocker, huh?)

Correct, WGG=Wounded Gazelle Gambit. You trust Jeno because he voted for me? How, in any way, does that prove him? I am inclined to trust him now too, but because he is a Gunner and was targeted by the Mutineers.

It is definitely interesting that you were apparently attacked with both the Grappling Hook and the Mutineer kill at once. I don’t quite know what to make of that.

I have to say, I think that means that the GH was in a Loyal's hands. But, with the limited coordination the Mutineers have, it could belong to them too, i guess.

I would also like to know the details of when you have had the buckler and who else could have had it. However, I don’t know if giving all that information to the Mutineers is the best idea. No matter what, I’m pretty sure it is impossible that Jene had it the week he was attacked because that was the first cycle, before anyone had any items, and kills are done before items are received in the action order so a buckler can only be used the cycle after it is bid on. I guess what it would be best to know is if Mai had the buckler during cycle 3 after bidding for it during cycle 2, so we know if it is possible that Jeno had it (instead of being a gunner).

I don't want to give away that much info. Jeno did not have the Buckler last cycle, though.

We have three people 'confirmed' as Gunners - Well, more two confirmed and one not. Why do you think that one of them has to be evil, Mailliw? There's no reason for you to say that other than making the assumption that one of them has to be evil. Why do you think that this is Jene, since you haven't put any reasoning there other than that? You've voted for him before, so you must have a reason other than this, and I would like to hear it, or at least for you to restate it.

All three are confirmed. Jene couldn't have the Buckler, Jeno didn't have it, and Kal is dead. I don't think Meta would give us three gunners on our side. There's no way all three would be loyal. I think it is Jene because Kal is dead and I don't think Jeno would go for a WGG. Especially since he doesn't have a Buckler. Unless there are other Gunners who are stayin hidden, which I doubt because that would be quite a few to have on one ship. Jene is suspicious by process of elimination. There isn't any other reason.

I'm voting Mai because in all the voting yesterday he never gave a reason for voting Luka. If he gives a reason I'll probably change my vote.

Matim was on deck trying to prevent his Fjorden shipmates from falling overdeck to the Siren's Isle, but failing mutiple times. When suddenly he saw Jeno badly injured lying on the deck. Matim took Jeno below deck and began wrapping up his injuries, giving him an eyepatch, and telling him that he had to rest for at least a couple days before he could resume working. While bandaging Jeno's wrist he mumbled a name that sounded like Mai. Jeno could have been just naming someone he suspected on being evil, or he could have been saying the name of the person who had hurt him this badly. Either way Matim had to investigate further.

I voted Luka to try to get him to defend himself and because, in trying to draw a Mutineer attack, I wanted to accuse a broad spectrum of players. That obviously didn't work as I wasn't attacked. Once Luka posted a defense, I didn't think he was suspicious at all anymore.

"I ain't comin' out you cod-faced bilge-drinking scallywags!" Hreo shouted. Outside, the crew sniggered.

There was a pounding on the door and then Captain Crushthroat's voice boomed out, "Get out here ye rat-eating sluggard! I don't care what ye look like, if this deck isn't swabbed within the next hour I'm going to personally throw you-"

Hreo opened the door, and emerged, glaring daggers at everyone. Without saying a word he took up his rag and bucket and started scrubbing the planks. Behind him the crew cheered and hooted, shouting out cat-calls and jibes. This was, of course, because Hreo was buck nude. Completely bare from head to toe, save for the "mum" heart tattooed on his left buttock. Someone had stolen all his clothes in the middle of the night and tossed them overboard.

I agree with Mai that it's unlikely that all three gunners are innocent. However I don't think it's Jene. His last minute plea the other day was pretty convincing- it's possible it was a ploy or some secret code to his fellow mutineers, but I don't think so. I'm also not sure how I feel about Mai's claiming to be a gunner then admitting he's not. However for now I'm (just barely) willing to trust he's being honest.

So that just leaves Jeno. I realize I'm gambling on it being a wounded gazelle gambit, but that seems more likely to me than Jene's actions.

Edited by Herowannabe