So, maybe you heard about it from a friend and decided to check it out.

Maybe you read about it's themes of love and tolerance and got interested. Maybe you just saw some of the thousands of pieces of fan art based on it, and you got to wondering how a kids show- a kids show for girls!- could possibly get that large an audience, particularly an adult audience.

So, you sit down, at your television screen or your computer, and find an episode; one of the ones everyone says is great, since if you're going to judge it, might as well give it a fair shot, right? And you watch it and... huh. Actually, that wasn't too bad. Maybe those guys have a point.

So you watch the next episode. Then the next. And maybe you check out some stuff people have written about it... and before you know it, you're a fan of ponies. And you realize there is no escape. There is only Pinkie Pie.

1293755149344-(n1297337026278).jpg

Show your Pony Pride with these signatures!

Herd%20is%20the%20Word_Mini.png

Herd%20is%20the%20Word_Tiny.png

Courtesy of Awesomeness Summoned

Edited by Quiver

Okay, weird story time, but it'll make sense in context. 

My dad works for a cable company, and a few years ago, he was working with his local technicians to think of a slogan to put on the backs of their T-shirts, which they would wear to events. One of the potential contenders was "Be the hero." However, someone had bad handwriting, so when it went on the whiteboard, the O looked like a D. By then, it was too late to stop it. "Be the Herd" was what went on their shirts. 

BE THE HERD

Bad handwriting?

Silly Twilight. It wasn't a handwriting issue. It was Pinkie Pie, manipulating the slogans from across worlds to accumulate followers. After all, the slogan was written on a whiteboard. Everyone knows that messages not carved into steel cannot be trusted.

Or oatmeal. But I digress.

BE THE HERD.

I admit that I watch the show from time to time... For its Shivering InSaNiTy! hidden under veneer of normality. Pinkiepie's insecurity and paranoia, Twilight's spikes of OCD, Spike's occasional greed and crosspecies love, Rarity's wrath and arrogance ;) Delightful, I say. They would make the most interesting Hemalurgy experiments, I say. Maybe we would be able to spike those qualities in cats, oh, yes.

Also, cupcakes <_< 

I admit that I watch the show from time to time... For its Shivering InSaNiTy! hidden under veneer of normality. Pinkiepie's insecurity and paranoia, Twilight's spikes of OCD, Spike's occasional greed and crosspecies love, Rarity's wrath and arrogance ;) Delightful, I say. They would make the most interesting Hemalurgy experiments, I say. Maybe we would be able to spike those qualities in cats, oh, yes.

Also, cupcakes <_<

For cupcakes! For apples! For pie!

I admit that I watch the show from time to time... For its Shivering InSaNiTy! hidden under veneer of normality. Pinkiepie's insecurity and paranoia, Twilight's spikes of OCD, Spike's occasional greed and crosspecies love, Rarity's wrath and arrogance ;)Delightful, I say. They would make the most interesting Hemalurgy experiments, I say. Maybe we would be able to spike those qualities in cats, oh, yes.

Also, cupcakes <_<

What does she have to do with it?

Normally I would disagree with you, but that's a command I don't mind. :P Too bad I can't follow it myself.

It would probably amuse you to know that I used that as the title of the pm asking Chaos about the Fool. Then I thought to put it here.

Edited by Mailliw73

Quiver asked me to throw together an emblem for The Herd and this was the first thing that came to mind. I'll think of something else when I have the time if that wasn't exactly what you were looking for (which I would completely understand).

Herd-is-the-Word-small.png

Smaller version for sigs

Herd%20is%20the%20Word_Mini.png

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned