Restrictions on KR actions based on Order

Goatborn

I did a quick search to see if this has come up, and couldn't find anything directly...

My questions and thoughts have turned toward the restrictions on Syl and Kaladin's bond - it won't function, to the point of killing Syl, if Kaladin refuses to protect someone/decides to outright murder a fool. I'm wondering if a similar restriction exists upon Skybreakers. Does their bond degrade when they decide to NOT kill? If they find someone guilty, do they have to kill, or is there a choice within their bond to stay execution?

I know that the question of "Were those REAL Skybreakers in WoR?" will come up at some point, but I'm thinking of what we know of the Skybreaker Radiants, while considering all the data available. (So no getting too bogged down)

What do you think?

I think it depends on what you define as real Skybreaker. Nalan is the original Skybreaker, so I'd say yes.

The bond breaks when the Radiant goes against his/her oaths. The Skybreakers second Ideal is

I will put the law before all else.

So, killing isn't what Skybreakers vow to do.and their oaths will break if they don't follow the law. Nin had found legal ways to execute surgebinders, who commit crimes, he doesn't wander around killing potential Radiants for no reason. 

I certainly don't think that execution is impicit for the Skybreakers when enforcing the law. We've only really seen it when Nalan was hunting down the Surgebinders. In fact, I'd go so far to say that simply executing everyone who broke the law would be in violation of other laws, so they wouldn't attempt it.

• Chaos locked this topic