How did Vin control the Koloss in Mistborn: Well of Ascension book?

IEarthan

I know she used Duralumin to control the Koloss. But Duralumin burns very fast. So she should be able to control the Koloss for only a very short amount of time.

1) How did she control them at length then?

Also, In the book 2, it says that at first she only gained control of a small group of Koloss.

2) How then suddenly she gained control of all the Koloss at once when she started with a group only? Thousands of them controlled by only controlling a small group?

Sanderson really didn't write this part properly.

Answer my questions please. 

1 hour ago, IEarthan said:

I know she used Duralumin to control the Koloss. But Duralumin burns very fast. So she should be able to control the Koloss for only a very short amount of time.

1) How did she control them at length then?

Because you need Duralumin to boost your Soothing/Rioting to seep your own will into the Hemalurgic Cracks in their souls, once you have make the initial Connection, you can control them even without metals.

Also, In the book 2, it says that at first she only gained control of a small group of Koloss.

2) How then suddenly she gained control of all the Koloss at once when she started with a group only? Thousands of them controlled by only controlling a small group?

Sanderson really didn't write this part properly.

Answer my questions please. 

Not sure, probably because she wasn't sure it would work at first, then once it did she immediately upscaled.

Edited by JustQuestin2004

Thank you High Prelan for your answers. I just finished book 2 & I am so pissed. Why did Sanderson have to drag this story like this? Why make Book 3 when story could have been ended wonderful in Book 2 itself? Also the ending was lame. So many armies & its leaders just cowed down when Vin came. I thought that there was lot of potential in Book 2. Especially the way it started with 2 armies arriving to take the city. Story could have gone like some clever scheming which lead the 3 armies fighting amongst themselves thus Luthadel preserving.

Thank you High Prelan for your answers. I just finished book 2 & I am so pissed. Why did Sanderson have to drag this story like this? Why make Book 3 when story could have been ended wonderful in Book 2 itself? Also the ending was lame. So many armies & its leaders just cowed down when Vin came. I thought that there was lot of potential in Book 2. Especially the way it started with 2 armies arriving to take the city. Story could have gone like some clever scheming which lead the 3 armies fighting amongst themselves thus Luthadel preserving.

Eh, I thought it was good, but can I understand that it's not your cup of tea though.

I think that Brandon just wouldn't be able to fit everything that he wanted to write within just two books, since he needed to explain Hemalurgy, Ruin, the Koloss, the Kandra and also develop the characters further like with Elend becoming more of a realist and Spook becoming awesome. 

2 hours ago, IEarthan said:

The way you speak I wonder if you have read book 3 yet.  

What I loved about Mistborn was that it was a complete story and each book felt like a good ending point.

However each ending is a new beginning.  Vin's demonstration at that battle brought with it the same shock and awe for those other armies than dropping the nukes in WW2 brought to the world.  Japan didn't keep fighting cause the story would be cool.  They were clearly outmatched and Vin's duralumin fueled powers showed that she was beyond any other mistborn alive.  When each mistborn a house has is like its little arsenal of small bombs and then the enemy shows up with something far far more powerful you quickly fall into line for self preservations sake.  

I would encourage you to continue through book 3.  If your issue is powercreep at all instead of just a lack of flavor I would have a few things to say:

Era 2 of that series starting with Alloy of Law is a lot more toned down power levels and I personally enjoyed the more steam punk / western / victorian era feel of it.  Reading Era 1 is not a prerequisite for it but it does tie things together. 

If you want to get more into The Cosmere I would strongly suggest reading Warbreaker.  It is my personal favorite and I never felt like the characters were as bloated with power as even Mistborn. 

If you don't like powercreep Stormlight series can be tough to get through.  It is a large time commitment but if you want to explore the cosmere this seems to be where everything is building towards.  If you enjoy large scale battles and a more high fantasy setting while not worrying to much about really strong magic presence then Stormlight is probably more your style anyways.  

I am not always a huge fan of some of Brandon's choices and style either, but I LOVE world building and hard magic systems. The Cosmere offers me those things in abundance and I love those settings that he has thought up and put on paper.  Even if a story feels like it has jumped the shark or the power creep is just too high, I still really enjoy seeing the worlds evolve and grow... and worldhopper I Spy is always a ton of fun too.