Relations between the Terris and the Malwish

Elder

I’ve been thinking about the Terris and the Malwish.  Specifically the Terris Enclave.  The Malwish, to some extent, revere metalborn, and I imagine Feruchemists in particular.  Most of the Elendel Basin is freaked out about the Malwish, but the Terris Enclave is somewhat outside of the rest of Elendel Society. They may not necessarily share in the militarism, being mostly pacifist.  That said, individuals like Adawathwyn may prove me wrong.

Then there’s the legend of Old Terris, a lost land of cold climate….. kinda like Southern Scadrial.

Makes me wonder how the Terris Enclave will react to heightening tensions between Elendel and the Malwish.  Will some of them seek out the southern continent, looking for a land more like their ancestral home?  Will they become a persecuted minority again as they try to remain neutral amid ever heightening tensions?

This is actually a really good thought! I honestly think that if not for many feruchemists growing up and around other Elendel folks, and assimilating into the culture, the Enclave would probably find more respect amongst the Malwish than with Elendel folks.

I imagine that during the eventual conflict between Elendel and the Malwish the Terris enclaves will end up being a neutral party, both sides to afraid of antagonizing them.

The Malwish because of the fact that they revere metalborn and the Elendel because of the fact that they can't afford to have so many powerful hostiles right next to them

1 hour ago, Elder said:

I’ve been thinking about the Terris and the Malwish.  Specifically the Terris Enclave.  The Malwish, to some extent, revere metalborn, and I imagine Feruchemists in particular.  Most of the Elendel Basin is freaked out about the Malwish, but the Terris Enclave is somewhat outside of the rest of Elendel Society. They may not necessarily share in the militarism, being mostly pacifist.  That said, individuals like Adawathwyn may prove me wrong.

Then there’s the legend of Old Terris, a lost land of cold climate….. kinda like Southern Scadrial.

Makes me wonder how the Terris Enclave will react to heightening tensions between Elendel and the Malwish.  Will some of them seek out the southern continent, looking for a land more like their ancestral home?  Will they become a persecuted minority again as they try to remain neutral amid ever heightening tensions?

Interesting connection. I don't remember that. But keep in mind, the cold climate for Malwish is warm for the Basin. I doubt they will move out South, some of them might travel there. Terris' home should be up north, not south, closer to the north pole, at least that was before Rashek Ascension. Currently there is no hostilities between the Basin and the Enclave, I don't think this will change, as many Terrisan venture into Elendel to live in the city, not in solitude.

But if tensions between Malwish and the Basin would rise very high, their pacifist stand might be despised and this might lead to some pressure put upon them, that could force them to relocate, or some persecutions. This might happen. Good catch.