Long Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar, The Great Game

Waes stood amongst the silent crowd watching the somber crew who had volunteered to clean up what was left of the mayor. He admired the pristine condition of Twim's left shoe as the leg was placed gently next to the rest of the body. At least the man didn't die with sore feet.

This kind of thing simply didn't happen in Drell's Crossing. It was a small peaceful village. There had not been a single murder since he moved here as a young man, much less a crime this heinous. It did not surprise him that everyone gathered was speechless.

Something needed to be done though. Whoever the culprit was, they wanted the mayor to be found and they wanted the village to be afraid. Waes had a bad feeling this was only the beginning of the nightmares Drell's Crossing would soon face.

For weeks something had been pulling him towards the north. Towards the borderlands. Towards Tarmon Gai'don. That had scarred him but now suddenly that pull was gone. He felt like he was exactly where he was supposed to be and that terrified him even more. What could be happening in Dell's Crossing that was so important the Pattern wanted him here more than it needed him at Tarmon Gai'don? Whatever had come to Dell's Crossing, it had brought the fight right to their doorstep. They would play a part in the Last Battle whether they wanted to or not. If they hoped to survive, they needed to stop standing around like mutes and start figuring out who could have done this.

Waes had known these people for most of his life and could not imagine any who had it in them to do something like this. As he looked at the faces around him, though, he realized that wasn't true. There were two people who had wandered into the village recently. One of them had been fairly quiet since arriving so was hard to get a read on. The other, however, had been seen picking on the poor dirt salesman and had also avoided helping with the recent preparations. Neither had given a good reason for why they had come to Dell's Crossing and Waes found it suspicious they both showed up shortly before Twim's death.

Waes wasn't much for public speaking but with the mayor now dead, someone needed to wake the town up and get them working to find this murderer. He cleared his throat loudly then directed his voice towards the two travelers.

"You two! Newcomers. Jain and Ralv I believe? Would you mind explaining again why you have come to our once peaceful town and what you two were up to last night? It might just be an unfortunate coincidence all this happening shortly after your arrival here but I can't help but find your presence suspicious."

Nothing personal of course you two but we need to start some debates going and being the first day we don't really have much to base accusations on so I'm just going with what my character would be thinking in this situation.

Edit: Oh no! Our GM is a Torturer of Heralds! That can't bode well for us.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Heh, the Lord of Chaos, I'm in the RP section too much. Anyway, I'm going to suggest we lynch someone today. Sometimes we don't, But we really should. The longer we wait to start lynching, or at least voting, the less Information we'll get. So, after it's been a full day (24 hours from this post) I'm going to cast a Vote. Until then, RP!

The sun rose, and shone through the windows. The birds sang their greetings to it, while the Nocturnal animals settled down for a long day's sleep. Joel was already awake. He was had a meeting to attend today. After a small breakfast, he left his house, and headed towards the town, though he didn't take a straight path. Most of the villagers didn't know where his house was, and that's how he liked it. So he always came into town from the opposite direction.

By the time he reached the Square in front of the Town whole, there was a large crowd. At least the meeting could start on time. Then he saw the cobbler, what was his name, examining a severed leg. Joel shouldered his way through the crowd, until he could see into the town hall. Blood, bones, ripped clothing, and was that an eyeball, rolling around?

What did this? Wolves? Trollocs? Darkfriends? They needed to find out.

Thank you everybody! One quick clarification I realized I should make.
Drell's Crossing is going to need a new Mayor as soon as they can. When a Mayor is Elected, their vote-boosting power doesn't go into effect until the next Day Cycle. So if you vote a Mayor today, Day 1, then starting tomorrow their votes will be worth 2. You don't have to vote mayor if you don't want to, of course. And I'll say somebody has to have at least 2 votes to be voted Mayor. (You can vote for yourself)

These votes for Mayor will occur simultaneously as Lynch votes, and they can be color-coded
Orange.
-Roles and Alignments will be revealed upon death
-The Whitecloak can technically target themselves, but the first part of their power would Role-block him, rendering their  targeting of themselves useless a they could then still be targeted by other player.
-A Tie in the Mayor Vote for the day will result in nobody getting elected
- The Thief-Taker's action happens along with their vote, so they can do both. Since there's no other ways of votes being altered this game, I figured the Thief-Taker would be too obvious if their vote didn't count.
-And votes just need to be in before the Day Cycle ends, no other time rush or limit.
-As for the Order of Actions during the Night, it will be Normal Actions/Corruptions -> Killing/Saving/Roleblocking powers
So if somebody was Corrupted but also targeted for Death on the same night, they would die and show up as corrupted.
-The Thief-Taker and Wolfbrother both were highlighted Green in the original post because those two are the only Roles that it's impossible for the Darkfriends to be.

I'll update with any other clarifications or anything else as they come or as I think of them.

Edited by Gamma Fiend
Updates, clarifications.

“I am death for you and yours. I am Fosaken.” Hah! Well that broke the mood. :P

Dellan leaned against the wall of the hall, his arms folded over his chest as he watched the men deal with the remaining chunks of the Mayor.

Messy business, that, he thought as he observed the men pull up the last bits into a bag. Ordinarily I would say that he got mauled by a bear or some other animal, but those cuts look too even to be claws or fangs. Axe wounds, maybe? Maybe a trolloc got into town.

Dellan pushed himself off the wall and began striding through the crowd that had gathered around the grisly scene. He noticed one of the townsfolk standing off to the side with two men Dellan didn't recognize, speaking with them in a forceful, interrogative tone.

Might as well see what they're talking about, Dellan mused to himself as he made his way over to them.

"Ma!" Senna Wefan didn't bother to glance up as her daughter burst into the house, the dressing of the great loom she reserved for special projects occupying the majority of her concentration. "Don't shout, Lien." Senna admonished, "and leave me be. This must be finished before the meeting, or it'll be all to do again." She had been so busy with smaller, hardy weavings, that she'd had no time for anything fancy until this most recent commission. Cloaks and bandages were all well and good, but this hanging, this hanging would be art. Senna was not a frivolous woman by nature, but it had been a long time since she had woven something purely for the beauty of it. Of course, beauty took work, and concentration, and steadfastness, something that she wasn't sure her daughter would ever learn.

"But Ma!" Lien said,setting the basket of bread she'd been out to fetch on the scrubbed table, the urgency in her tone finally catching her mother's attention. "He's dead! The mayor's dead!" the twelve year old proclaimed with wide-eyed excitement. "They're saying the travelers did it, but Sim says no, that it's the trollocs!"

Senna carefully tied off the warp, and straightened, a little painfully, to stare at her daughter, her expression grave. Her daughter, at least, seemed more excited than fearful, and Senna felt a stab of hope that Lien was mistaken. "Are you sure?" She asked, then shook her head. Of course Lien was sure. "I had best go. Stay inside until I'm back, and keep Robbie with you." Lien nodded, moving towards the room where they slept to check on her little brother.

Senna took her cloak from its peg. She had woven it herself, half a decade ago, as a present for Dereth, woven with a pattern of the trees he had loved. After his death, a year later, she had kept the cloak. She'd trimmed it some so it would better fit her smaller statue, but it was still plainly too large for her.

A large crowd was gathered around the Town Hall, and Senna politely shoved her way through it to reach the steps, and then wished very much that she had not. She'd seen death before, seen ugly death before. But this, this was something else. The stench alone made her reel, and Senna made a hurried grab at whoever was closest to retain her balance, clinging tightly to their arm until her head stopped swimming.

Thank the Light that I left Lien and Robbie at home. But home would not likely be safe too much longer, if the perpetrators of this horrific deed were not caught soon.

One quick question, will roles and alignments be revealed upon death?

Bunnt had been out working at the fields when he got the news that the Major had been killed. He was now in the town square, listening to the others discussing the matter. He did not join in, he was not a social person, he rarely spoke at all if it wasn't necessary. He had respected the Major, he had done great things in his day, or so Bunnt had heard. He had never actually talked to the Major, but had heard him speak on occasion and he had seemed to be a good force for  the village. But now he was dead! And a Murderer one the loose in the village! Bunnt tried to think out how he would defend himself if he was attacked at night but he realized that he could not do much except trying to block the door and windows during the night.

I agree with Joe(l) that we need the information that a lynch will get us, but I am scared that we would kill someone we need. As the the Major vote, I'm not sure if we should do it as soon as possible or wait until we get a better feeling of everyone.

Edit: Blue...

Edited by Binnut

I wouldn't mind being Mayor if there is no-one else that wants to offer to take the position. I think it'd be better if we got this over with sooner rather than later. 

And so, I vote for myself, Sprell, as mayor. 

Rishi hated being scolded and if there was one thing Gade would scold her for, it was for being late. The tavern part of the inn closed very late last night and on her way home, she distinctly remembered hearing noises in the direction of the town hall. She was so tired that she didn't have the energy to investigate the noise anymore, and so she hurried home thinking about her bed and how some people didn't seem to need as much sleep as she did.

This morning, while hurrying to work, she felt a pang of guilt at seeing the remains of the Mayor strewn all over the town hall. The carnage was too horrific to forget, and she didn't think she can serve any slice of meat at the inn today without feeling nauseous. She observed the goings on with a blank expression, trying very hard not to retch at the smell, and as she slowly backed away, she felt a grip on her arm. Senna, the weaver, looked like she was about to faint, and she did her duty and helped the middle-aged woman regain her balance.

However, work came first. And she left the woman as soon as she was able and hurried to the inn tavern to open for the day. The rumours alone will be enough to draw the crowds. She sighed. This was going to be another busy day.

--

I vote Waes as Mayor, for being the first one to speak publicly.

EDIT: color

Edited by Quitecontrary

It wasn't brutal, Kaim thought, surveying the scene at the town hall, studying the remains as the volunteers cleared them out. It was as calculated as anything he'd ever seen: something meant to send a message. Funny, he found himself thinking, how after years of working as a thief-taker, even something like this couldn't entirely shock or horrify him any longer. He sighed and remembered why he'd decided that thief-taking wasn't for him. Thieves were one thing. Murderers, another.

He'd liked the Mayor. Twim Cabalen had been welcoming enough to a former thief-taker looking for somewhere quiet to retire to, to have the small study he'd always planned on having as a young boy. He'd even voted for Cabalen, and now Cabalen was dead.

"May the last embrace of the Mother welcome you home," he said, quietly, as he watched them carry away what was left of Mayor Twim Cabalen. "And may you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand."

GM, this is probably small beans, but may I confirm that a tie will not result in a Mayor being elected? Edit: Extra question: does the thief-taker's day action replace their vote? Yet a third question: could I get some confirmation of when all votes must be in? Thank you!

Edited by Kasimir

Time to get some accusations flying... Malai!  You were the first to vote for someone else to be mayor.  At this point, only the darkfriends know who their teammates are.  If you can only trust yourself, why would you vote for someone else? 

edit: color

Edited by New One

Gade looked at his inn and scowled.  He did that a lot.  It was his of letting the world know that he hated it; that he would always be its enemy.  But this morning, he was especially furious.  The death of the mayor showed just how cruel the world was sometimes.

The mayor had taken his share of visits to the Spruce Thicket.  And, now he was dead.  Gade’s scowl deepened.  This world is endlessly annoying, he thought.  I coulda got some more money from the mayor, had he not died like that.  But no… now I have one less regular customer.  Gade scanned the crowd in his inn and cracked a smile.  But all of this commotion is bringing people in by the boatloads.  Gade walked into the main room, a cacophony of voices echoing off the wooden walls.

“Murderer!” someone shouted.  “It was you who killed the mayor!”  The room grew quiet as the man pointed to Malai, the horse breeder.  Malai blinked in surprise.  “I say that we lynch her!”

“Oh no you don’t!” Gade interjected angrily.  “I see no evidence for the lynching of this woman.  And if you are going to kill someone, please do it outside.  I would hate to ask one of my employees to clean up the blood for me.”

“She’s obviously guilty!” the man (was it Newan?) yelled.  “Just earlier this day, she nominated Witless, the town fool, as the new mayor!”

Gade put a hand to his forehead.  “I don’t think that qualifies her as being –”

“She’s a witch!  Burn her!”  Newan shouted.  Nobody responded.

“I think we all need to settle down,” Gade said, trying to keep the exasperation out of his voice.  “We’re going to find whoever killed the mayor.  But that kind of reasoning is not going to cut it.  Until someone presents some substantial evidence, I demand that we not kill anyone.”

Some of the people in the inn nodded.  “Now,” Gade said, a bit more cheerfully, “who wants a drink?”

Edited by Renegade

Well, that hadn't gone well.

Both Grimlar's day and his attempts to abstain from the lure of alcohol had both begun inauspiciously when he had awoken in the forests on the outskirts of Drell's Crossing, clothes soaked in his own piss and dripping with vomit. The stench seared his nostrils, and as he tried to pry himself from the ground, he merely slipped on the piss-mud that had been his mattress for the night. Well, every day was a new day, he guessed.

Arriving back in town had merely worsened today's prospects, however. Finding pieces of the mayor scattered all throughout the town was never a good thing, Grimlar reckoned. Talk Darkfriends and murderers was no better. And, was people would, discussion of a new mayor had already commenced! On the heels of a murder, for Creator's sake. Light, but could people have any patience? How could anyone be trusted at this time?

Well, at least no one was looking at him oddly today. A quick dip in the river had cast most of the puke and piss smells from his clothes, and who cared for a drunk when there was blood and guts to be cleaned?

Clean as he had made himself in the Erinin, however, Grimlar couldn't shake the feeling of dirt on his body. There was a stench to the air in Drell's Crossing, blood on everyone's hands as far as all were concerned.

Grimlar decided to sit and watch the proceedings for now. Light, but a drink would be mice right now. And Gade's inn was right there...

Maybe abstinence could wait a day longer.

Wow, amazing write up, Gamma! I have always loved your RPs, so I am excited to see more write ups like this! Keep it coming!

Quick question: If a Darkfriend is Corrupted by Fain and then killed, will he/she be revealed as both in the write up?

Malai had been up early to take care of her horses. She was also one of the later ones to see the mayor's dismantled body. She walked into the Town Hall with dirt on her boots: the standard decoration for a horse-breeder. As she saw the mayor's body, she was stunned for a moment. Not disgusted; she had seen worse things before. But utterly in shock at why anyone would want to kill Mayor Cabalen. He had been an nice enough guy. One thing Malai did know was that they needed a leader. She knew that the Witless was smarter than he seemed. No matter how much of a fool he made out of himself, Malai would always remember when he helped her out. He was cleverer than he appeared. She didn't think she had decided if they should kill anyone yet. 

I voted Witless because Wilson is a very smart player and could help up tremendously if she is good. We might as well vote someone to be the mayor and Wilson is as good a choice as any in my opinion.

Gade looked at his inn and scowled. He did that a lot. It was his of letting the world know that he hated it; that he would always be its enemy. But this morning, he was especially furious. The death of the mayor showed just how cruel the world was sometimes.

The mayor had taken his share of visits to the Spruce Thicket. And, now he was dead. Gade’s scowl deepened. This world is endlessly annoying, he thought. I coulda got some more money from the mayor, had he not died like that. But no… now I have one less regular customer. Gade scanned the crowd in his inn and cracked a smile. But all of this commotion is bringing people in by the boatloads. Gade walked into the main room, a cacophony of voices echoing off the wooden walls.

“Murderer!” someone shouted. “It was you who killed the mayor!” The room grew quiet as the man pointed to Malai, the horse breeder. Malai blinked in surprise. “I say that we lynch her!”

“Oh no you don’t!” Gade interjected angrily. “I see no evidence for the lynching of this woman. And if you are going to kill someone, please do it outside. I would hate to ask one of my employees to clean up the blood for me.”

“She’s obviously guilty!” the man (was it Newan?) yelled. “Just earlier this day, she nominated Witless, the town fool, as the new mayor!”

Gade put a hand to his forehead. “I don’t think that qualifies her as being –”

“She’s a witch! Burn her!” Newan shouted. Nobody responded.

“I think we all need to settle down,” Gade said, trying to keep the exasperation out of his voice. “We’re going to find whoever killed the mayor. But that kind of reasoning is not going to cut it. Until someone presents some substantial evidence, I demand that we not kill anyone.”

Some of the people in the inn nodded. “Now,” Gade said, a bit more cheerfully, “who wants a drink?”

Just going to make a small interjection here and ask that you not put words in other people's character's mouths. Feel free to weave other characters into your narrative. That makes a for a more cohesive story throughout the game but try not to give them dialogue that the user who created them didn't intend for their character to say. I know it was intended for good humor and meant nothing by it but I don't think it's a good precedent to start where anybody can change the personality of any character to fit their own RP. Newan's reasoning for voting Malai was just as valid as any argument we can make at this point so there isn't a reason to make his character look goofy for voicing it.

On a different but related note, everyone saying lets not vote or lynch anyone today would be a very unproductive day and would be more helpful to the DF than it is for the good side. It just gives them a free pass today without any risk of them revealing themselves. Yes, there is a chance we could lynch an innocent villager but it's a guarantee they will attack one person tonight. Our best way to locate and eliminate the DF is by discussion and votes.

Case in point, there was no reason for you to come to Malai's defense. You were either being very altruistic, you have been chatting with Malai in private and have been convinced he is clean, or you are both DF and you are trying to deflect attention. None of that is conclusive by far but it's all information to base future decisions on that I wouldn't have had if Newan hadn't voted for Malai.

Edit: needed to add quote so people knew which post I was referring to.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

I'm going to have to agree with Awesomeness here on lynching today. In these games, information is everything. The most conclusive information gained is through lynchings. Much of the information possibly gained is useless if no one is lynched. in addition, in this game, we have 25 players. The usual percentage of Eliminators is 20%, plus we have Padan Fain. Ergo, the chance of someone you vote for being an enemy is 1 in 4. That is actually a pretty good chance. Also, assuming Fain is active and Corrupts one player every night, the chances of getting an enemy increase significantly with every day. Yes, it sucks for the person lynched on the first day. But it is necessary. If you want to win, we need to lynch.

Alright, maybe I came across as more against lynching than I wanted to.  I'm not against lynching this early on.  By all means, we can go ahead today.  But I do not think it a good idea to lynch people without much information against them.  I wasn't trying to defend Malai in particular; I'm simply trying to state that it is not a particularly good idea to join in with other peoples' votes in this game, just because they were the first to vote or have a seemingly-sound argument.  I apologize if I came across as rude in that regard.

We do need to try and have a discussion in here today, at the very least.  It will at least help us to get some information, as we've stated.  But I don't want people to be unnecessarily lynched just because we did not factor all aspects of the game into account.  The more discussion we have, the better.  And once we have enough information, then we can go about deciding who to lynch.

The game is a bit of a delicate balance; on one hand, we need people to refute ideas so we can hear all of the sides of the arguments, but on the other hand, we do not want our votes to be completely divided so the DF are able to control the lynch.  But yes, if they do end up controlling the lynch, we will learn some information from that.

Edited by Renegade

I say we we start off by lynching people its better go go on the offense rather than see our numbers get reduced bit by bit, I have a hunch but its by no means accurate.

I say we lynch either the manure salesman or the seanchan morat'raken.

Edited by Leonardus

Alright, maybe I came across as more against lynching than I wanted to.  I'm not against lynching this early on.  By all means, we can go ahead today.  But I do not think it a good idea to lynch people without much information against them.  I wasn't trying to defend Malai in particular; I'm simply trying to state that it is not a particularly good idea to join in with other peoples' votes in this game, just because they were the first to vote or have a seemingly-sound argument.  I apologize if I came across as rude in that regard.

I didn't think you were being rude and If my comments sounded like I was reprimanding you for your no lynching statement, that wasn't my intention. The first day of every elimination game there seems to be a movement to have no votes or lynchings and I was just trying to prevent that movement from getting off the ground before it started. We need discussions today and votes are the best way to instigate that. Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Douza backed away from the gruesome scene. The body - or the pieces of it, he'd been told - had been removed before he arrived, but the blood...and the smell! He managed to get away from the crowd of people before his stomach heaved. At least he wouldn't ruin any shoes.

He turned back to the crowd hesitantly. With the mayor gone, and the threat of more deaths, it was time to choose a course of action. Douza set his jaw. He would reach manhood within the year. He had to take part.

I say we we start off by lynching people its better go go on the offense rather than see our numbers get reduced bit by bit, I have a hunch but its by no means accurate.

I say we lynch either the manure salesman or the seanchan morat'raken.

Any particular reasoning for choosing those two? Newan made the first lynch vote, but Trimat hasn't posted yet.

That's quite the write up, Gamma.

The Mayor was dead, pieces of his body scattered all around the town hall. Despite the obvious signs of a struggle, Twim's Power-wrought sword was nowhere to be seen. As his mind raced to consider the implications, Leas felt his grasp on the Void shatter. Blight. Darkfriends, in this village in the middle of nowhere. Blood and ashes, the Dark One’s servants really are everywhere.

With the trollocs coming, they couldn’t afford to just sit around. Taking a few deep breaths, Leas regained hold on the Void, and looked around for some who could run a message.

“Douza!” Leas called, getting the young man’s attention. After Douza was close enough he didn’t have to yell, he started giving him instructions. “Find Erik, Kaim, Newan and Ralv.” He’d chosen those four to lead his trainees, based mostly on combat experience or simple common sense. “Tell them to double the patrols, and keep anyone from going anywhere in a group smaller than three people. And after they’ve spread the word, they’re to meet with me, understand?” The boy gave a hesitant nod. “Good,” he said, dismissing Douza to his errand.

Sighing, Leas turned towards the crowd that was growing around Twim’s shattered body. What a bloody mess. Someone needed to give Twim a proper burial. From carrying around their respective wares, Jim and Trimat were probably strong enough for the work, and they didn’t need to be out on patrol right at the moment. “Jim! Trimat! Mayor Twim needs to be buried with some of the respect he deserves. Could you arrange something well I try to calm this lot down?”

Without a word, they collected a few volunteers and carefully picked up Twim’s shattered body, carrying him over to the small cemetery adjacent to the Village Green.

Turning back to the crowd, Leas nodded to himself as he saw the small islands of quiet form where he assumed his seconds must be standing.

Climbing atop the small platform the Mayor often used when he addressed the villagers, he found about two dozen expectant eyes staring at him. “As you can see, we appear to have larger problems than the trollocs coming to our door. There are traitors, Darkfriends, hidden among our own neighbours, men and women that we call friends. We must defend against this internal assault, just as we are preparing to defend ourselves from the trollocs which are soon to come. If we do not root out the corruption inside our ranks, we will die here; that is certain.”

Leas paused, allowing this to sink in. “As you no doubt already know, patrols are being doubled, as we must be constantly on guard for threats both inside and out of our home. I ask that no one be left unattended, and if you must be about, that you travel with at least one other, preferably two. Over the day, Kaim, Erik, Newan, Ralv and I will try to meet with as many as possible to coordinate patrols and defenses.” He took a deep breath. Leas hadn’t had much experience when it came to speech-making, but he doubted that this was a good way to end one.

“If we hold together, we will survive this. We will show the Dark One and his servants that we will not be cowed so easily. Trust is most important. While we cannot trust each other, we cannot allow paranoia to rule our actions and tear us apart. Remember. We can, no, we will survive what is coming.”

Stepping down, he made eye contact with his seconds, and walked towards Gade’s inn, hoping to get some time to plan.

That ended up a touch longer than I intended. :P I picked and chose characters to throw in here going by RP, if this messes too much with what you’d planned for your character, feel free to ignore it. While Leas is jumping into a bit of a leadership role (naturally, given his character) I myself might not be able to be around a ton until Wednesday or Thursday.

Now, onto the question of a lynch. Voting and discussion is good, whether or not someone is actually killed. While Maill's avocation of Wilson as Mayor, and the subsequent accusations and defense from Rengar was certainly interesting, I'm not certain that that constitutes something worth a vote. Leo's unsupported suspicions are also a little strange, and Newan started things rolling, which is neither good nor bad. I'll continue to wait, I think. 

As to the mayor vote, I'm even less sure. They will be quite the target for Fain and the Darkfriends, but as soon as the don't die, we're naturally going to become suspicious of them, removing some of the role's effectiveness. An experienced player would seem to be the best choice for the role, though if we pick the wrong person it could be devastating. Depending on how things go, I might vote for the mayor this cycle, or I might not.

Edited by AonarFaileas

Newan was a little bit confused.  He had tried to get a discussion going about who could be responsibility for the murder, and someone was already spreading rumors that he was starting a witch hunt.  
"I can assure you all," he shouted above the hubbub, "I said nothing of the sort.  In fact, this Gade fellow seems to be contradicting himself already."

Gade said this: "But that kind of reasoning is not going to cut it.  Until someone presents some substantial evidence, I demand that we not kill anyone."

Then he said this: "The more discussion we have, the better.  And once we have enough information, then we can go about deciding who to lynch."

Isn't that what I was doing?  I was starting a discussion.  It's not like I can't change my vote.  In fact, I probably wouldn't have written Malai's name in red, but I thought this would get more of a response.  And it certainly did.  

Gade I am voting for you because you contradicted my argument without a good reason! Light.  I hope this doesn't seem petty.  Let me explain my reasoning.

Gade said he was trying to prevent a pileup before more evidence was presented.  I quote "I'm simply trying to state that it is not a particularly good idea to join in with other peoples' votes in this game, just because they were the first to vote or have a seemingly-sound argument."  He then continued to say that more discussion was better.  
His post immediately following mine was in direct violation of that logic.  There was no pileup.  There was simply one piece of sound logic, with a vote to get people responding.  By vilifying my character, it appeared that you were undermining that discussion, rather than encouraging counterarguments.  

I am also very interested to see Lam's reasoning behind voting for Trimat.  The instigator always gets accused, but Trimat hasn't done anything.  

PS I vote for Waes as mayor because he also wants to get discussion rolling.  Sorry for long post.

Edit: colors

Edited by New One

If you haven't figured out... there is no logic to my actions.  I'm lynching myself!

(Okay, not really.  I'm not that crazy.)

But fine, it was a mistake, alright?  I changed my mind.  Now stop trying to kill me.

Edited by Renegade

Wait... why does Leas want me to bury the mayor in manure? I mean, it would be fun, but not very respectful. Also, this Lam character accused me, but I haven't even said anything!

I don't like that Lam accused me day one for what seems to be no reason. I keep seeing logical inconsistencies, and I don't like it one bit. Its suspicious. Also dangit! Gade stole my line. I was gonna do that too