Mobile Front Page Sucks Less

Chaos

Instead of going to bed after a long, thirteen hour day at work, I decided, "hey, I'm going to fix the front page on mobile!" Brilliant plan.

For those of you who did not know the horror that was the News module on mobile, everything looked terrible. Comments had a tendency to slide to the right due to member images, and the front page news articles (in addition to looking barfingly awful) weren't aligned properly. I put the blame squarely on IPB for coding a really, really awful News module on mobile. Tsk tsk.

Fear not, because these things have been fixed, so now you can view the front page and it looks less barfingly awful, and also kind of in the right spot.

I will be doing some minor optimizations on that mobile front-end (titles still look horrible). Sorry I didn't do this sooner. It hadn't been a priority mostly because when our next version of our software comes out, its mobile will be much, much better. But I finally fixed it to be actually usable for now. At least the mobile forum has always been okay.

(And you might say "why are you even posting this?" Well, mostly to brag, because you will never truly realize the insanity that went into coding that 1x2x2 article layout. That thing is finicky, and it is a triumph to get it properly working.)

I don't really read the News much on my mobile after I saw what it looked like before. Yes, it looks much better now, but you can make the titles gray instead of black since it looks too bold and glaring, which doesn't really fit the look and feel of the mobile site.

I'm also surprised that IPB didn't make their forum templates/modules responsive, considering that most people view stuff on the mobile these days.

Thanks for fixing this!

You get a *pat on the back* *round of applause* *plate of waffles* *bucket of buffalo wings* 

I don't really read the News much on my mobile after I saw what it looked like before. Yes, it looks much better now, but you can make the titles gray instead of black since it looks too bold and glaring, which doesn't really fit the look and feel of the mobile site.

I'm also surprised that IPB didn't make their forum templates/modules responsive, considering that most people view stuff on the mobile these days.

Thanks for fixing this!

You get a *pat on the back* *round of applause* *plate of waffles* *bucket of buffalo wings*

I'll play around with the titles and such.

Responsive design is the big goal for the next release. It will be a big update.