Dueling thread!

Panda! Wanna do this properly? I challenge you to a duel! (in PMs of course b/c it would crowd up the thread) The game will be Magic. The format standard. We need a ref to make sure that there is no cheating.

Edit: Double post, but it makes sense this way

Edited by Ashiok

Did you miss it Jason? I broke the glasses and challenged you to a sword duel instead.

How unfortunate. The poison is toxic, not only to the stomach, but to the skin as well. In the process of smashing the goblets, you got it all over both of us.

"Jason, it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

Mailliw knocks both glasses over. "That's not a real duel. This is." Mailliw tosses Jason a sword. "Duel me now. For real."

Did you miss it Jason? I broke the glasses and challenged you to a sword duel instead.

Too bad I can use Progression to heal myself. :P

You don't have to do the battle of wits if you don't want to, but I really don't want to duel just saying "I use a power" "Well, I use a better power" I withdraw from the duel. :) no hard feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

Well there's certain procedures before a duel, and then you start a melee.

In a brawl, you just go straight to melee.

As a member of the CIA( Chaos infidel agency) I'm sure I know which you'll pick :P

AND NOW WE FINALLY START! GOOD RIDDANCE! 

To me? To Leftinch? To both of us? Are you taking sides, and quitting your "observer" role?

Note: I honestly hate dueling. Most messy. I would rather poison the pages of Leftinch's books. Or his food. Or the security keypad he would use on the way down to his archives. You may think what you will, but I'm a cook at heart, and cooking up poisons is not that far of a stretch from cooking delicious food.

Huh. I don't have a security pad to the archives (not a library), its creepier that way. Invaders always freak out when there isn't any resistence. I Do have keypads on the bathrooms. Because that's just evil.

Huh. I don't have a security pad to the archives (not a library), its creepier that way. Invaders always freak out when there isn't any resistence. I Do have keypads on the bathrooms. Because that's just evil.

I can see some poor thief crying and banging on the door because they had to pee while they were robbing you and couldn't get in

So, apparently Leftinch just brutally and treacherously stabbed me in the back on the Chatbox. Now that I've recovered from my post-regenerative trauma, I'm here to participate as Quitecontrary's cheerleader in the ensuing smackdown of her enemies duel.

QC, I've put my Wafflesworn background to good use in setting up a healthy refreshment booth for you. A variety of inspiring pastries and ultrahydrating beverages.

Ah, but lest I be accused of impartiality, I've set aside some refreshments for Leftinch. Namely, this old bottle of Gatorade with a colorless, tasteless "mystery powder" stirred in.

I can see some poor thief crying and banging on the door because they had to pee while they were robbing you and couldn't get in

Well they're not allowed to bang for very long, it creates too much noise. They have to be silenced at that point.

And since I'm going into a fight I think I'll just have a quick bit of blood to wet my throat and then just let the force sustain me.

*comes up behind Leftinch to put a hand over his mouth, stab him in the back in the same place he was stabbed before, and pull out the 10" chef's knife, before bringing the pointed end of the blade down in a slant on his throat, penetrating the artery and his vocal chords

*pulls out the knife, pushes the Scholar forward with a kick, before spinning to a shadowy corner to stay out of sight.

While his body healed the Scholar grimaced and closed his eyes.

"You know, when I said wetting my throat with blood, that wasn't quite what I meant."

He looked around and then strafed the walls with bullets coming from an unseen gun while at the same time using force lightning on them to give them a little bit of a "kick". The sight of bullets penetrating the cook's lungs and spinal chord and then getting electrecuted made LeftInch feel a little better about the slightly scratchy quality his voice now had.