What Order would you be?

Pick your Order!  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What Radiant Order would you want to be, and why?

Select the Order you'd most like to belong to, and tell us why.

I'll start: I'd choose the Elsecallers, for the combination of Soulcasting and Transportation. Two extremely useful Surges, especially on a harsh, rocky world. Also, looking into Shadesmar sounds like a fun trip!

Edited by 11thorderknight

I need to see more of them in action before I can say which Order I would want to be. But so far I'm thinking either Dustbringer, Stoneward or Edgedancer. Stoneward because Taln is awesome, Dustbringer for the wicked red Shardplate and Edgedancer for the Surges Progression and Abrasion which sound cool.

I doubt I could manage any - they require very specific personalities, and I don't match any of the known ones except possibly Elsecallers and I'm not that scholarly.

That said:

• Skybreakers are Windrunners but without a useless second Surge. Pressure sucks, Divison sounds great. Love Nalan's fashion sense, and Skybreakers might get cometspren which is adorable beyond words.
  • Elsecallers are great. Overpowered Surges.
  • Willshapers are also great, particularly if Cohesion-at-a-distance works how I think it works.
Edited by Moogle

I want to be a Lightweaver because of their cognitive abilities, but I'll probably attract a Truthwatcher spren instead because I relate with Renarin the most out of all the Radiant characters. Like Renarin, I try to be useful to others even when the required task isn't something I'm particularly good at, which sometimes leads to me looking a bit inept. I also tend to worry about offending people, so I can understand why Truthwatchers would rather not divulge the terrible secrets they hold.

I'll go with Dustbringer, though, like Moogle, I'm not sure I have the personality to attract ANY spren for bonding, much less one for the Dustbringers.  The Skybreakers seem like jerks, I'm not a huge fan of heights, am not artistic in any sense, so a lot of the orders just don't appeal to me.  And from what we suspect of the Dustbringers, they look like awesome warriors.  Who wouldn't want to be that?  Plus, their order glyph is my current profile icon at work.  B)

Oh, I though this was about which your personality fit.....

I chose Edgendacer under those criteria. Edgedancer would still be really sweet, but if we're going by surges, than I agree Skybreaker rocks.

Take a wild guess. ;)

I think, I fit with them with their attributes. Although in a more cynical way, which from what we have seen may be even better, if one wants to attract a Spren.

And I like the Surges. The sliding Abraision gives would be extremly fun to me, more so than flying even. Granted flying is still more practical but sometimes I try the sliding even without the Surge, sadly it doesn´t work that well.

Progression is also pretty nice. Not only healing but also insta plants with terraine changes included.

I find it interesting that Edgedancers are the most common choice here. I had no idea they'd be so popular. I thought Windrunners would be the top pick.

Windrunner fatigue perhaps?  We've gotten a steady diet of them in the form of Szeth and Kaladin the past two books and the allure of the new and novel is tempting.  :)

Lightweaver! Their creative abilities and perhaps non-warrior type are amazing. (Pure personal reason: because Shallan and Hoid are both Lightweavers :D) I'm also interested in Dustbringers, Willshapers and Stonewards and would like to see how their powers will develop. (Man, it's a hard choice!)

I would probably not fit into any order. So far, my favorite (or the one I am the most anxious to hear about) are the Dustbringers. They sound amazing. However, since I am not a brave person nor a very obedient one, they would be an ill-fitted choice.

Other orders I actually like (or want to hear more about) are the Edgedancers, the Elsecallers and probably the Willshapers. Stonewards sound interesting as well. Of the whole lot, Elsecallers are the closest to my personally, even though I am not a scholar. Edgedancers would be another potential choice. Both would please me as I sort of like their powers and their abilities.

Lightweavers, Windrunners and Skybreakers have their interest, but they do not fall within my tastes. Lightweavers being the masters of illusions is great, but I do not live well with their lies/truths motto. Windrunners are awesome, but they are too bound on honor and it unnerves me. Skybreakers seem to see people as either black or white, never grey. It annoys me. Not to mention I strongly disagree with Nalan's quest.

Orders I have the least interest in: Bondsmiths and Truthwatchers. I am not a pious person and Dalinar overly piousness sometimes get on my nerves. I guess I could potentially fit within the "learned" attribute of the Truthwatchers. However, their secretive nature repeals me.

I'd want to be a Stoneward. I even picked their symbol for my profile pic. Dependable/resourceful seems like the best fit for my personality, especially since I also have stubbornness issues. Taln is just cool. Brandon's explanation of their surges sounds fascinating. Plus, judging from Dalinar's visions, I would get to hang out with Windrunners (cough*Kaladin*cough).  

Edgedancers would be my second choice because sliding everywhere sounds like a blast. Also I'm envisioning planting a sapling, using Progression, and having a five foot tall tree a few moments later. Tthat would be cool if it worked.

Lightweavers, mostly because Illumination is the most interesting surge for me at this point. I don't think I couldn't handle the nature/personality of the Truthwatchers, and seeing...things. But, crafting illusions, deceptions, being more the rogue and infiltrator seems like the best route. Although, my thoughts of how to use the surge started getting evil...maybe this isn't the one for me...lol

I put Truthwatcher.  I actually didn't really know, am I still reserve the right to change my mind once we have more information, but I was talking to a friend of mine and she said Truthwatcher (Based on the Divine Attributes of Learned and Giving) which really does sort of fit me.  The Surges of Illumination and Progression are very cool as well.

And my favorite color *is* green so y'know that works.

I would love to be a Windrunner, because the idea of protecting those who cannot protect themselves has a very heroic honour that I would love to live by. Also, flying. Duh.

But by my personality... As someone who really connects to Renarin, I have to say I'd probably be Truthwatcher. The divine attributes also fit me that way (even if we don't know how much they fit Renarin, his attributes seem to fit Dustbringer better)