Anyone else want more AoN?

I read Aether of Night almost a year ago now, and I still want more from this book. I want to know what happens next with Raeth and how the Fell Twins fight. Although it wrapped itself up nicely with a cliffhanger, I still would like a little glimpse into these characters. Honestly, Raeth is one of my personal favorite characters that Brandon has ever written.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I actually didn't love the end, when he escaped all the marriages. I thought it was such a disappointing end to a pretty good build up. I wish that we could revisit this world and it's characters. Raeth is so cool and I want to know what happens next. The Fell Twins don't actually interest me that much, but I want to know how they are going to effect Raeth. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 8:25 AM, Fallen_Jedi09 said:

how the Fell Twins fight.

On 5/12/2023 at 1:08 PM, The Sibling said:

The Fell Twins don't actually interest me that much, but I want to know how they are going to effect Raeth. 

Well, you may have already seen more of the Fell Twins (Mistborn Spoiler)

Spoiler

Since that plot was recycled to become the Preservation / Ruin plot

WOB:

WeiryWriter

I presume the Shards of the world would change then? Since Decay got reworked to be Ruin and such?

Peter Ahlstrom

Yeah, Decay is essentially Ruin, so lots of things would change there. But the magic of the Aethers, especially, could get their own book later.

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 5:25 AM, Fallen_Jedi09 said:

Honestly, Raeth is one of my personal favorite characters that Brandon has ever written.

I agree I connected a lot with him and was sad that he didn’t even just get another book, but was not even real in the Cosmere. Also, I guess the mistborn parallel to him would be Elend, but I just feel like Elend wasn’t the same. He lost something the Reath had

11 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I agree I connected a lot with him and was sad that he didn’t even just get another book, but was not even real in the Cosmere. Also, I guess the mistborn parallel to him would be Elend, but I just feel like Elend wasn’t the same. He lost something the Reath had

I always thought Raeth was an amalgam of the Idris Sisters from Warbreaker.(Spoilers)

Spoiler

He was the designated "monk" like  Fafen; and the dutiful brother, like Vivenna; but was the sibling swap into the Imperial seat like Siri.

I'm not sure Mistborn or SA have a parallel to his character arc, though those stories also have borrowed elements from this work (spoilers)

Spoiler

Ruin and Midnight Essense, respectively

Edited by Treamayne
Spoilers
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, I have just read WoK Prime and AoN and they were some of my favorite books from Brandon. 

On 4/28/2023 at 5:25 AM, Fallen_Jedi09 said:

Raeth is one of my personal favorite characters that Brandon has ever written.

I totally agree with this. I never really fell in love with Mistborn or some others but the way this book was written made me love it the whole time.