What Happened in Portland

Electro accepted Corpsemaker's offer. "I will serve you, my lord." If only for the riches and power, he added silently. Electro got on one knee and bowed to CorpseMaker. He would take whatever and do whatever as long as he was paid lots and got lots of power. If CorpseMaker was his lead into power, he would take it.

CorpseMaker glanced down at blonde Epic. Only one. Well, that would do for today. More will come soon. He looked towards the White haired Epic, and began his Gaze. He addressed his new Soldier while His power worked on the Epic.

"You made the right choice. Time's up people." The White haired Epic's eyes widened in shock, and she collapsed to the floor. Pandemonium broke out.

Edited by The Only Joe

Altermind saw Voidgaze, as she had called herself, drop to the floor. Was that Corpsemaker's power. Or just shock? The woman had seemed somewhat eccentric, but nowhere near as bad as the insane lady with sparkly clothes. Altermind kept up the force field illusion while putting a deafening cracking sound in Corpsemaker's ears. Only he would hear it and it would be incredibly loud. He dropped the force field hallucination and moved his hallucination of himself over on the other side of Corpsemaker. He also put up a hallucination of fire engulfing his body and lightning crackling and shooting off of his fingertips. He wanted to put doubt in Corpsemaker's mind.

Scorch watched as Voidgaze quite literally withered beneath CorpseMaker's stare. She crumpled to the floor and lay still. He felt no horror, no revulsion—he barely felt fear.

Instead, he was impressed.

Heh. CorpseMaker. I get it now. 

He had never been one to bow and scrape, and Altermind's kneeling was a bit over-the-top for his taste. He gave CorpseMaker a respectful nod. "Count me in."  

"Scorch, you're leaving me?" Altermind growled. "You'll regret that, don't worry." Altermind whipped out a gun and shot one towards the fire Epic. He tried to avoid looking at Corpsemaker, accurately named. He seemed to have powers of the basilisks of legend. A stare that could, quite literally, kill.

Using the last bit of his concentration, Altermind used his telekinesis to throw the lady in white's dead body onto the man who had killed her. It only seemed fitting that she should help him escape.

--------------------------------------

Electro heard the fireball man swear his allegiance as well. That would give them even more power. A deathstare Epic, an electric one, and now a fire Epic as well? The others stood no chance. The beach boy who set himself on fire and shot electricity from his hands was strange, but seemed very powerful. The two powers had never been seen together before. They were so different. He also had some booming lungs. What was that guy? Something about his broad range of powers seemed off to Electro.

CorpseMaker grunted as the woman's body hit him. It din't knock him over, but it did annoy him. So he picked her up, and threw her out the door. (See Edgedancer? This is what happens when your character isn't doing anything. We kill them and throw their bodies out of buildings.) Then he turned to the man who had thrown her. A telekinetic apparently. One who could also make force fields, Threw lighting, and manipulated Fire? Powerful indeed. And what was that sparking Noise in his ears?

He attempted to Level the Epic's Force field, but nothing happened. Corpsemaker stared at the man for a moment. That's never happened before. Wait. Oh duh, Illusions. Audio and Visual apparently. He tried leveling the Epic again, focusing on the man himself, instead of the fire. Everything stopped. The noise was gone, the flames were gone. So. A very powerful illusionist. But now he was powerless.

"Your man has already joined me, and now you're powerless. Are you willing to change your mind yet?"

So Electro can Scramble, but Altermind can't make illusions. Also, if each type of illusion (Visual and Audio) are different powers, than CorpseMaker leveled the Visual, and Altermind dropped the audio out of shock.

Also, He's assuming that you picking up VG was an Illusion. He hasn't checked yet.

As her corpse dissolved into white her consciousness returned. Voidgaze returned to her own cloak. The white mass filled it and formed her body until she was alive and well again. A look into the hall revealed a single Epic cornered by the little cremling that killed her together with his new encourage, every one of them no longer paying attention to her corpse, as well as a hole in the castle wall.

"Your man has already joined me, and now you're powerless. Are you willing to change your mind yet?" Yeah, as if I would let you.

While walking back in the room, she whipped her right sleeve forward, around the head of Corpsemaker. A short touch showed that his body didn´t take damage, instead she just pulled him back, sending him to the ground in one swift motion.

Next, she made for the hole and prepared to hurl Corpsemaker into Scorch, while hitting the electric Epic with the rest of her right sleeve. Just in case she also pulled out some sheets of paper from the sketch book with her left hand.

Edited by Edgedancer

Electro felt the sleeve hit before he saw it coming. He had been watching his new employer threaten the illusionist, who was actually quite scrawny, while keeping his Power Cutter and Scrambler ready when, all of a sudden, fabric flew into his face and smothered him. He flailed around, disoriented and confused. He used his Power Cutter to cut the sleeve around his face from the rest of the sleeve. Feeling the tension cease, Electro unwrapped the white fabric from his face. "She's back?" Electro questioned aloud.

--------------------

Altermind saw Voidgaze reappear down the hallway as she manipulated her sleeves to pull CorpseMaker and the electric Epic. So, a reincarnation Epic? Useful and powerful. Using his telekinesis, Altermind expanded the hole in the side of the bouncy castle that the lady Epic was heading for. "Thanks for the help. I got the other two." He asked her. Training his gun on the Electric Epic who had broken free of the sleeve, he pulled Scorch's shoes into the electric Epic's side with his mind.

Has somebody captured me or was I just "scrambled" and can hop off now?

I think you were teleported with The Dr. and the Traveller.

CorpseMaker smirked at the Epic. He would have no choice but to- "GAK!" Suddenly, something grabbed Him by the face and threw him to the ground. Then tossed him,again by the face, into another person. They all went down in a heap. Then the man he had crashed into went flying away. Corpsemaker ripped the cloth off of his face, and looked around. The Illusionist and the White haired woman were heading for a hole in the wall. She came back to life? Amazing. He would have to find a more permanant way to kill her. He tried to level her Reincarnation power, but all that happened was her clothing stopped moving. So it's passive. Great. She and the Illusionist both hurried out of the building and away, out of sight.

"Well then. That was productive. I'm going to need a new Lair." CorpseMaker stood up, and walked over to where the Fire and the Electric Epics lay." Now then. Who are you two? And who were they?"

Figured I'd end the fight. So Altermind, feel free to ilusion things. But Voidgaze, you can't Awaken cloth anymore.

"I'm Scorch," he growled, picking himself up off the floor. He had ducked Altermind's bullet—he'd gotten pretty good at ducking bullets over the years—which had the unfortunate side effect of making him appear to be bowing. "That chick, that guy—I dunno. Just showed up." He shot Altermind a glare: Yeah, I picked this guy. You make illusions. He makes corpses. Live with it. 

Altermind grabbed Voidgaze's arm and jumped out the hole in the side of the bouncy house. It was deflating somewhat quickly. Hopping onto his bullet bike, he called to the woman, "Hop on, now! I'll take you to my place! Whatever happened with my illusions, they're back. Which means that you're probably being blocked from using your powers now." She jumped on and Altermind sped off, putting his standard hallucination back in place.

------------------------

Electro felt the floor of the castle sinking. "Uh sir, we should probably get out of here before we get crushed." Electro moved slowly towards the hole, so as not to alert Corpsemaker, and stretched the hole out and motioned for the fire guy and his boss to get out. "I don't know who any of those people were. I just showed up and a fight broke out. Sorry about Scrambling you, boss. I wasn't sure about any of you guys. Now can we go?"

CorpseMaker examined the Castle. It was definitely collapsing. "Of we go now. We'll lose all of the Money. Follow me to the Vault." CorpseMaker turned, and headed to the rear of the bank. He also needed to stop and get some clothes. The ones that the Dr. had provided were disgusting. Now he needed a new Lair. Another bank? No, he needed something more Fortified.

"How would you gentlemen feel about taking over the Kliever Memorial Armory?" A Military Armory. Well defended. Well stocked. He'd probably need to get rid of the Epics living there. What were their names? Commander and Jetstream? Yeah, they were a piece of cake though. After that, he'd start recruiting Vanilla's, then all the Epics who had been in the bank. And then take over Portland, and Expand.

Upvoted for the Sky High reference.

Also, I am fully embracing Scorch's role as the butt monkey.

And leaving it open for you, Leftinch—if you want to make it so Funtimes took Ricochet out of there too, just write it in.

"Kilever?" Scorch remembered, with a pang in his side, the one and only time he and Flashpoint had attacked the Armory. Just for kicks and giggles, he had said, but the Commander had not evidently been fond of either. It had taken weeks for his ribs to heal, though the Commander and Jetstream had repaired the wall in less than an hour.

Then again, they hadn't had CorpseMaker.

"Sure," Scorch said with a grin. "Kilever it is."

-------------------------------------------------------

CorpseMaker had an alliance.

An Epic who made corpses had an alliance.

Nathan tried to stay calm. He tried to appear nonplussed, unbothered by the fact that one of the most terrifying Epics he had met, second only to Fortuity, had a small army at his disposal.

Calamity, this was Annexation Day all over again.

"We have to stop CorpseMaker," he told Doctor Funtimes. "Or there won't be any of this city left for us."

"Who's that?"

"CorpseMaker." Nathan forced himself to speak calmly. Perhaps part of her insanity involved short-term memory loss. "That Epic you cut out of the wall."

"Who's CorpseMaker?"

She was grinning, twirling a ribbon from her sweater through the air. Nathan sighed. "Jeffrey?"

Funtimes nodded as though she were a teacher and he was a student who had finally mastered his multiplication tables. "Jeffrey. Yes. HIs name is Jeffrey."

"We have to stop…Jeffrey." The name didn't match him in the slightest. Nathan found himself smiling at the contrast. "Yeah. We'll stop Jeffrey. Stop him in his tracks."

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Remembering Flashpoint, Altermind switched his mobile to a private channel with just the Electric Epic. "Flashpoint. Scorch has defected. There's an epic who can kill someone by looking at them and Scorch joined them. If he shows up at Thoughttown before I get back, don't hesitate to kill. I'm on my way now with another Epic. She'll be valuable to us." Altermind kept heading towards Thoughttown at a breakneck pace.

Voidgaze sat on the bike right behind the illusion Epic, one would think that driving with so much speed would be fun but Voidgaze was pouting. In one day she was killed by two different Epics and both of them were still running around. On the plus side, she now has an ally for, at the very least, killing Corpsemaker. He apperently also was the leader of some kind of organization and she did need some place to stay until her house was repaired. Overall the situation was workable, annoying yes, but workable. While in thought, she tested the power blocking he talked about and indeed her tassels didn´t move. However, the paper still made a hole in the ground, after she tossed them down. Only one blocked, was that because he could only block one or because he didn´t knew about that part of her power?

She leaned over to her driver. "I don´t think we intruduced us to each other. I´m voidgaze. Who are you?"

"I'm Altermind. The fire Epic in there, that was Scorch. He wor-," Altermind corrected himself, "worked for me. I also have another Epic in my employ who is a minor electric one. He can fly and give small jolts of electricity. Enough to stun. We're heading back to my district of the city now," Altermind told Voidgaze. "We should be there shortly."

When I first wrote this, I put Mailu instead of Altermind. That awkward moment when you mix up your RP and SE characters. :P

Upvoted for the Sky High reference.

can someone explain the gist of what has happened. I would like to join if its not too far into it. But i am too lazy to read the seven pages of what has happened so far. And what the goal is.

I would only guess that the goal is to "Save the Citizen". :D

any ideas for which alliance I should join.

Funtimes'. She will give you pancakes. And her name is Doctor FUNtimes, so everyone who is against her is automatically anti-fun. It's true. Ask anyone you like. :P 

CorpseMaker's. We'll win. Also, I will be gone all of next week, starting Monday, so before then, I will post a Long RP for each of my Characters. After that, I give Twi Rights to my Characters.

Mahaha! Er—uh—actually—yes. I will keep them in character. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Mat, Psy-Fi should join the Thoughttown Coalition. They are more of the "good" Epics, if there is such a thing. Sightline will be joining up with them shortly and he also kills evil Epics. Psy would be a good fit. (And give us more power.)(We also serve waffles, which, I have to agree with the Wafflesworn on this, is the superior breakfast.

Also, I will be gone starting Monday as well. I'm not sure if I'll have wifi or not. If I do, I'll post but not as often. If there isn't, I'll still be able to check my email and send emails to Twi to proxy post again, if she doesn't mind. I shouldn't be gone any more after that though.