Did Gertruda kill Dumad?

Trusk'our

I was thinking over TLM again, and I wondered how Wax managed to use his duralumin-enhanced Steelpush to make it to the ship from the tower since he didn't have any burnable duralumin on him (I mean, I guess he could have taken some flakes from Dumad's stomach, but... yeah).

And then I remembered Gertruda saying-

"Hope old Dumad is doing all right, I done stole some of his metal vials without telling him."

TLM page 329.

on page 329 of TLM.

And then when Wayne tricked Dumad into pushing them into the air and Wayne dumped his aluminum canteen, Dumad tried to search himself for his back up vials, only to find none.

"watched it go, his eyes widening in horror. The wind picked up again as they fell. The man scrambled, searching his body frantically. "No others?" Wayne shouted. "Too bad!"

TLM page 423.

So, basically, Gertruda is the worst sidekick ever, it would seem :D

Also, this would explain how Wax got some duralumin to burn; he lifted it off of Gertruda.

• 3 weeks later...

That was perhaps my favorite moment of the whole book.  We got to see Not Wayne prove that she was a terrible phony as well as seeing what the world thinks of Wayne.  Then we get who and what Wayne really was throughout the book.  

This is all following his cold conversation with the Not Wax and Not Wayne which painted him in such a new light.  Then in the end we got to see who he really was. 

Wax is a fine character but learning more about Wayne is what made the era IMO. Assuming I am just looking at character development and not magic and world building.  The new metalborn tech is totally epic.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 1:20 PM, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

That was perhaps my favorite moment of the whole book.  We got to see Not Wayne prove that she was a terrible phony as well as seeing what the world thinks of Wayne.  Then we get who and what Wayne really was throughout the book.  

This is all following his cold conversation with the Not Wax and Not Wayne which painted him in such a new light.  Then in the end we got to see who he really was. 

I really loved that part too; Wayne, for all his faults (at least to in-world characters) is an absolute joy to read about.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:20 PM, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

The new metalborn tech is totally epic.  

I really liked how the Allomantic Grenades were improved- it was done in a very logical way and added to the character's abilities.

Can't wait to see if the CopperWeb ever becomes a thing! :lol: