5 hours ago, Veledsier said:

So, we all know that Alcatraz breaks, well, everything! So, why don't his oculators lenses break? Am I missing something from alcatraz lore?

They do, remember in book 1 when the firebringers lenses break and fire backwards. That may not be what you’re looking for though because he consciously does that.

My best guess would be that Alcatraz doesn’t want them to break. He often talks about how careful he is in handling them and putting them in his padded pockets, his Oculators lenses mean a lot to him even if he doesn’t really show it. His not breaking them is semi-subconscious much like his breaking of his previous adoptees things.

Or it could be that the oculators lenses and the glass used to forge them are made to channel the power of the oculator and not be affected by talents (like the sticky gravity boot things).

This question could be asked about most of the Smedry Oculators ; Why don’t Grandpa Smedry’s Oculatory blasts arrive late? Why doesn’t Attica lose his lenses al the time?

Middle grade magic, my good friend, is a powerful thing.