Mercenaries Guild

Where there is war, there are soldiers of fortune. Anyone unaffiliated with an existing clan/guild/faction is welcome to join the Mercenaries Guild.

The Rules

1) The Mercenaries Guild is not a political faction, though individual Mercenaries may act politically.

2) Mercenaries accept private contracts solicited via private messages. Mercenaries will have only one active contract at a time. Contracts must be fulfilled exactly. A Mercenary who betrays his contract, takes multiple conflicting contracts, or who fails to faithfully complete a contract before accepting a new one will be exiled from the Guild.

3) Mercenaries work for "Awesome Points.". The amount of "Awesome Points" a Mercenary has acquired should be displayed in his or her signature and will be negotiated by the Mercenary and his or her employer prior to the Mercenary officially taking the contract.

4) Mercenaries will include their currently loyalty in their signature as well as a time and date that contract expires.

5) Mercenaries will not accept contracts to feign contracts with another faction. To remain apolitical, a Mercenaries current contracted loyalty will never be a secret.

6) Mercenaries will NOT accept contracts asking them to downvote another members posts, nor will they be contracted to upvote another members posts.

Example

Let's say I am currently unemployed. My signature would reflect this. Let's then say, for example, that a Wafflesworn would like to solicit my services. He or she would send me a private message with their request; say, "I want you to openly and adamantly support the Wafflesworn for five days time." I would reply, "I will accept this contract for a price of five "Awesome Points."" If the terms were acceptable to both parties, I would accept the contract and update my signature to, "Contracted by the Wafflesworn until 06:13 pm EST 06/17/2014.

The possibilities are endless, so let's have some fun! I hope to see some of you join the Mercenaries Guild. If you do, please post in this topic so that people will know to message you with contracts.

EDIT

Mercenary's now work for "Awesome Points" and NOT reputation points. Please respect this rule above all others.

One "Awesome Point" should be considered equal in value to one reputation point, but again, DO NOT use the reputation system as currency; use it as a reference for the value of "Awesome Points."

Edited by Laughing Fool

Admins said no "buying rep" I believe that this is considered buying rep

Ah, if this is really a thing, I'll have to change it from rep to something like AUC's (Arbitrary Units of Currency) or something like "Awesome Points" that can just be collected in the signature.

Ah, if this is really a thing, I'll have to change it from rep to something like AUC's (Arbitrary Units of Currency) or something like "Awesome Points" that can just be collected in the signature.

A rose by any other name?

Admins can still crack down on you for this. Our Highprince of Sugar is right.

As much as upvotes are desirable, buying them would diminish the pleasure of receiving them.

I am not okay with this sort of reputation abuse. The reputation system is not for game mechanics or forum mechanics, but to reflect the average quality of a post, as judged by the community.

There can be a Mercenaries Guild (and my guild could totally be hiring ;) ) but I am quashing using reputation for this immediately.

Uh, you know, everything with dynamic content on the internet has some sort of way the information is stored. These are databases. It is nothing special about this site.

That's a good point. That seems like a difficult job though...

The way reputation is stored is (like many things with this board's software) needlessly complex, though I understand why they made it the way they did.

QuiteContrary with the double post! Awesomeness points or AUCs sound good. could other people get them? Or only Mercs?

Hm, an interesting idea...but I don't think it matters much since "Awesome Points" are proofed into creation arbitrarily as payment. Anyone who is not an offical agent of another faction may accept contracts as a member of the Mercenaries Guild...so yes, any memebr may earn them. I actually envision members spending time in the Merc Guild earning points while they're between factions. Or you could attempt to take contracts while in another faction, though that would slightly diminish the RP factor.

Use your best judgement and just have fun with it.

Sorry for the double post.

It's a bit hard to have a mercenary guild, especially in a forum. How about the Mercenary Guild gets favors for doing favors for others? Like, for example, the Observer's Guild hires the Mercenary Guild (Mind blown) and as a result, has to do something for the Mercenary Guild?

(I'm not hiring, though)

Edited by Lightsworn Panda