Caton of Inquisition

Emeralis00

Hello Humans and Cats. Welcome to the Caton of Inquisition RP, a story inspired by a combination of Hemalurgy and common domesticated pets, cats.

This RP is divided into three sections.

1. The story topic. You are here.
  2. The Roster. This is where you will post your character in all of its awesomeness
  3. The R&D topic. This is where discussion over the story and powers will take place.

As an RP this is can be described as collaborative writing; Its a group effort. To this end there are a few rules that I would like everyone to follow.

1. no god-mode, power-playing, or Invincible heroes
  2. follow the RPG ratings set by our masters admins
  3. Don't control other characters without permission. Unimportant NPCs are fair game however.
  4. Satsuoni and I are in charge.
  5. Use your brain.

You can contact Satsuoni or me for questions through PM. Since we have near around-the-clock presence, you should get a response soon.

The basic premise is the creation of sentient cats through the use of Hemalurgy. It takes place at the time of Alloy of Law. the story starts out at the very beginning of the Caton. You, the player, will be the characters that guide this organization to greatness...or Ruin.

Edited by Emeralis00

Caton of inquisition

It's a simple room, with walls wallpapered in stark white and a floor that's an intricate design of ceramic tiles. It is well lit through small windows near the ceiling. Though the room is rather huge, and clearly meant as a meeting hall. A cat sits erect on a dais. Commanding attention, even at a distance. The cat speaks, its voice sounding almost human. Calmness and relaxation permeates the room.

"Welcome to your new home, my brothers and sisters.~nya You have already met Satsu, but don't worry. He's crazy but harmless. You don't have to deal with him much, unless you need to get spiked of course.~nya"

The cat jumps smoothly off the dais. Not a single spike is visible, not even an eye spike.

"I am Avidhu. I organize things around here, such as the procurement of spike-charge donors. While you are not obligated to participate in my plan for the future of us, you will find it hard to walk around the city.~nya Feel free to wander this building. Any questions?"

Edited by Emeralis00

A large cat raises its head from where it had been laying, almost unnoticeable in a dark corner. "Yeah, that's great and all but where's the food? I'm starvin' over here!" Impatient, he gets up and starts walking towards the nearest door, wincing from the newly implanted spikes. "Where'd that Satsu guy go? I think I heard him say something about fish. Can't remember the last time I had a good salmon..."

Note: Yeah, he's pretty rude.

Edited by TheObliderator

A large cat raises its head from where it had been laying, almost unnoticeable in a dark corner. "Yeah, that's great and all but where's the food? I'm starvin' over here!" Impatient, he gets up and starts walking towards the nearest door, wincing from the newly implanted spikes. "Where'd that Satsu guy go? I think I heard him say something about fish. Can't remember the last time I had a good salmon..."

I wander in as I hear my name, glancing to Avidhu's dais to ascertain his reaction, then turning my attention to .. Baron, was it? I was always bad with names, but he was kinda hard to forget, with all the custom-sized spikes I had to make and implant, mrrnya. He seemed to adapt already, speaking like he was born that way, rather than gaining the ability a few hours earlier. Yet he bespoke verily, for he was not the only one feeling the pangs of hunger after recent toils.

"The food... If you fancy some fresh meat, your donors are still good. There is also some food in the ice cave, in the cellars. I can show you the way there. No salmon, though, just mountain trout. If you want salmon, the river is a few hours of walking thataway,nya~~" I wave vaguely in the direction I assume east is. "You can catch some, if it is still there. Never trust the fish, nya." I flop in the corner and proceed to lick my hand clean of blood.

Avidhu opened his mouth to answer but closed it when Satsu walked in. Showing no reaction, Avidhu walked over to the the new cat.

"Might I inquire as to your name, friend? Satsu can show you to your donors or the cellar. I can take you to the river. By the way, that door is a cleaning closet."

Avidhu walks through another door, one of many lining the wall.

"I uh... I knew that!", stammers Baron, hurrying to follow Avidhu. "And I'm Baron, by the way." He falls into stride beside the smaller cat, struggling to keep up with the soreness of his new spikes. "I'd like to see the river, but a few hours is kinda far for walking isn't it? Can't we just use our powers?"

"I uh... I knew that!", stammers Baron, hurrying to follow Avidhu. "And I'm Baron, by the way." He falls into stride beside the smaller cat, struggling to keep up with the soreness of his new spikes. "I'd like to see the river, but a few hours is kinda far for walking isn't it? Can't we just use our powers?"

"You can, but Avidhu can't, and you don't know the way. Besides, you only got your powers a few hours ago. We are smarter, but it still takes some time to adjust, nya." I say softly to the backs of the two cats. Shrugging, I stand up and walk to the door leading to the vast underground cave complexes which I deem "cellars". I also start burning pewter, shunting the power to my nicrosil metalminds. It never hurt to be prepared, especially when walking in the possibly unstable caves.

After walking through a short corridor, the pair enters another room, this one is plain, but contains many racks of various metal bits, vials, bowls, and other implements. A door is on the far wall."Not all of us are as combat inclined as you. You might want to stock up on metals though."

Avidhu indicates several bowls that appeared to contain metal flakes and various metal bracelets lining the room.

"The metals you require are labeled by these shapes" Avidhu draws several symbols on the floor in the dust.

"Ask if you need further assistance."

Edited by Emeralis00