Can I make one too?

Shantytown

Can turn any artificial structure into something made out of poorly-assembled IKEA parts. Cars, buildings, bridges, chairs, toilets, sandbags, into shoddy IKEA replicas that will probably collapse under their own weight given ten seconds.

Weakness: Hand-made table-legs. They must be processed from raw timber by a single person, and cut, sanded, engraved, stained, varnished, and initialed by that same person. As well as disabling the Epic, they will cause any IKEA'd materials to revert to their original form, though not shape or position.

Yeah, but that won´t really happen without any kind of agression aimed at her. I suppose, the most logical source for that right now would be CM, is VG shows herself unimpressed by his threats and offer.

Twilight, with bouncy castle gone I assume you mean teleported away and not everything turns into confetti, right?

Edited by Edgedancer

Don't hate me for posting this here.  I have been avoiding all non Cosmere BS books because I didn't want to get even more confused then I already was.  But after reading through a couple of pages of this thread and the Oregon one I now really want to read the Steelheart books. just wanted to thank you for opening my mind to non Cosmere BS Books.   

Don't hate me for posting this here.  I have been avoiding all non Cosmere BS books because I didn't want to get even more confused then I already was.  But after reading through a couple of pages of this thread and the Oregon one I now really want to read the Steelheart books. just wanted to thank you for opening my mind to non Cosmere BS Books.   

No hate here. 

Read it. You will not be disappointed. :)

I find it hilarious how the bank scene is one chaotic mess of hugs, fire, bouncing, shouting and ignoring when others talk. Really, first VG talks to CM then CM talks to AM and finally E talks to CM. Also, the name GigaJump cracked me up. Though I wonder if CM could really take on good old Ironeyes. (Lets not go into details on that one. I´m prety sure Twilight didn´t read the corresponding books yet and sometimes spoilers get tossed around here.)

For random new Epics. Let me tell you that Discokiller has frigging multi-colored Lazorbeams! And she is just as immortal as Disco. (Don´t tell her that this means she is vulnerable.)

I find it hilarious how the bank scene is one chaotic mess of hugs, fire, bouncing, shouting and ignoring when others talk. Really, first VG talks to CM then CM talks to AM and finally E talks to CM. Also, the name GigaJump cracked me up. Though I wonder if CM could really take on good old Ironeyes. (Lets not go into details on that one. I´m prety sure Twilight didn´t read the corresponding books yet and sometimes spoilers get tossed around here.)

For random new Epics. Let me tell you that Discokiller has frigging multi-colored Lazorbeams! And she is just as immortal as Disco. (Don´t tell her that this means she is vulnerable.)

The number of books people on this site tell me I have to read far outnumbers the books on my required reading list for school. I'm thinking about changing my last-semester internship to a thesis and writing it on the works of Brandon Sanderson. How does that connect to public librarianship? I have no idea. :P 

So….does Discokiller kill with Disco, or did she kill Disco? 

The number of books people on this site tell me I have to read far outnumbers the books on my required reading list for school. I'm thinking about changing my last-semester internship to a thesis and writing it on the works of Brandon Sanderson. How does that connect to public librarianship? I have no idea. :P

So….does Discokiller kill with Disco, or did she kill Disco? 

Well, I´m not supposed to tell you but the Alcatraz books have evil librarians ruling the world.

Both!

Well, I´m not supposed to tell you but the Alcatraz books have evil librarians ruling the world.

Both!

As an aspiring librarian, I am expected to condemn such vile allegations of evilness. I should say that those are nothing more than vicious propaganda, and even if they weren't, you ought to accept the iron-fisted rule of librarians with a glad heart, for we are the only ones shielding you from ignorance. Evil is a moot point. 

But I know those accusations are true most of the time. So I won't. Instead, I will fight against the innate evil of the library profession, fight my baser librarian nature, and use my powers for the good of the common man. 

What am I saying? I'm saying that librarians are exactly like Epics in every way. Don't cross a librarian. 

So she killed Disco and stole its life force? Wow, that is evil. 

What am I saying? I'm saying that librarians are exactly like Epics in every way. Don't cross a librarian. 

So she killed Disco and stole its life force? Wow, that is evil. 

Seems like you already got the right mindset.

Yes, truly the only Epic that could rival Steelheart. Granted, I never understood the implication that even immortal high Epics were afraid of him. Just look at our LP, we have two Epics without any reason to be afraid of him (CM & VG) and at the very least two more who are to insane to be afraid of him (Dr.F & NH), maybe more. His Propaganda must have been ridiculously effective.

Seems like you already got the right mindset.

Yes, truly the only Epic that could rival Steelheart. Granted, I never understood the implication that even immortal high Epics were afraid of him. Just look at our LP, we have two Epics without any reason to be afraid of him (CM & VG) and at the very least two more who are to insane to be afraid of him (Dr.F & NH), maybe more. His Propaganda must have been ridiculously effective.

At the very least, it seems to have been effective at only attracting the "right" sort of Epic to Newcago. We don't meet very many of them in the book, but the implication seems to be that most, if not all, Newcago Epics are willing to sacrifice at least a little power for stability. Nightweilder probably could have ruled a city on his own, but he chose to work for Steelheart instead. It's the same case with Fortuity. Both were probably powerful enough to make it on their own, but they seem to have the kind of personality that's at least somewhat practical—they'd rather be guaranteed power without the prestige of being in charge than try to be the top dog and risk being toppled. 

Then again, killing a rival whose whole power was that he killed people just by pointing at them probably went a long way toward establishing Steelheart as the big cheese, too. 

At the very least, it seems to have been effective at only attracting the "right" sort of Epic to Newcago. We don't meet very many of them in the book, but the implication seems to be that most, if not all, Newcago Epics are willing to sacrifice at least a little power for stability. Nightweilder probably could have ruled a city on his own, but he chose to work for Steelheart instead. It's the same case with Fortuity. Both were probably powerful enough to make it on their own, but they seem to have the kind of personality that's at least somewhat practical—they'd rather be guaranteed power without the prestige of being in charge than try to be the top dog and risk being toppled. 

Then again, killing a rival whose whole power was that he killed people just by pointing at them probably went a long way toward establishing Steelheart as the big cheese, too. 

Could be but the book made it very clear that Steelheart was paranoid, so I dont think he would have let Nightwielder and Fortuity stay in his city, if he thought they could kill him, which means they were most likely afraid of him. I dunno, maybe it also counts if they are afraid of the consequences of killing Steelheart.

Deathpoint´s power is kind of hit and miss. Either it´s completly broken and imediatly ends the fight or it has no effect at all, as was the case with Steelheat.  (That and an ordinary man with a gun could kill him but no one told that tale.)

Someone should ask Brandon what his secondary power was, DP apperently thought it would do the trick. However he also counted as afraid, otherwise his primary would have worked. That explains his big entrances, if the treshold is that low.

Ok, so far, Electro is the only one allied with Corpsemaker. Are Scorch and Nighthound going to Join up as well? Or should I tell Electro to start killing people?

EDIT: These are the groups we decided on earlier, for Refrence.

If that works, I'm seeing three groups. Dr. funtimes and Ricochet with Nathan. CorpseMaker with NightHound and Scorch. Altermind with Kathy, Voidgaze, Sightline, and Flashpoint. How do those sound? Oh, and Electro would work with whoever he could, seemingly, have power over or paid the most.

Edited by The Only Joe

Ok, so far, Electro is the only one allied with Corpsemaker. Are Scorch and Nighthound going to Join up as well? Or should I tell Electro to start killing people?

Nighthound should take some time to heal and while we are kind of wonky with the passage of time, I think I should at least wait until the bank scene is over.

While I don´t see why Scorch couldn´t join up now, the best move for now would be for CM to "kill" VG. Then trying to do the same AM but not hitting him. Then VG resurects, they toss each other around for a while (for extra tension VG migth try to destroy CM´s money) and ultimately AM say something along the lines of "Lets retreat and kill them later" to VG.

Edit: If this turns into a fight scene, it might be better if we construct it a bit before everyone starts posting.

Edited by Edgedancer