Actually, it kills in five seconds, right? That must mean it targets pretty essential areas of the brain. (Speaking as one who is getting her MA in library science and has very little knowledge of how the brain works, so feel free to correct me.) I'd say Nighthound might survive, but probably with moderate to severe brain damage. It would depend on how strong the healing factor is, how long it takes to kick in, and whether or not it continues to repair long term injuries or illnesses (ie, if Nighthound had a malignant tumor, would his healing factor keep it at bay?).

Actually, it kills in five seconds, right? That must mean it targets pretty essential areas of the brain. (Speaking as one who is getting her MA in library science and has very little knowledge of how the brain works, so feel free to correct me.) I'd say Nighthound might survive, but probably with moderate to severe brain damage. It would depend on how strong the healing factor is, how long it takes to kick in, and whether or not it continues to repair long term injuries or illnesses (ie, if Nighthound had a malignant tumor, would his healing factor keep it at bay?).

Imagine the healing working with a threshold to witch it can heal, as long as the damage is under that threshold the damage will eventually heal, although severe damage like a missing limb will take some time, lets say a couple of hours, and "minor" brain damage will make him lose conciousness for a while but as long as he lives he can heal.

If Nighthound would get some kind of tumor his healing factor could keep it in check but the energy needed to do so would weaken his healing otherwise and make it easier to reach the killed-threshold.

As for the five seconds. I read those as some kind of lock-on time and the damage being instant kill. Otherwise it wouldn´t make sense for his victims to survive if he loses line of sight.

One way or another if all of CorpseMaker´s atention is on Nighthound he is screwed unless he can get away fast enough.

And. Edgedancer. If CorpseMaker meets Altermind for the first time, he might not know he's a mental illusionist. He can't block powers he doesn't know about, right?

Fair point. It all comes back to the power of knowledge, doesn´t it?

All CorpseMaker has to do is keep eye contact for five seconds, and regardless of whether or not that kills Night hound, NH will at least get knocked out, so all CM has to do is behead him. There's no way he could survive a severed head.

Doesn't everything?

So I suppose the answer would be: NH is vulnerable as long as he's unconscious, so it depends on how long it would take CM to decapitate/shoot/otherwise annihilate him.

How long would he be out? Does it take his body longer to repair a delicate organ like the brain, or would it heal at the same rate as a broken limb or something similar?

And. Edgedancer. If CorpseMaker meets Altermind for the first time, he might not know he's a mental illusionist. He can't block powers he doesn't know about, right?

Umm, Well, if he knows there's an illusion on him, he'll block it, it doesn't matter if he knows wether it's Phys or Ment. but if He doesn't know about the Illusion, I don't think he would be able to block it.

Also is it Leveler or Equalizer?

Gah, When I first made the Character, I couldn't choose between the two. I said Equalizer in his Bio, But I'm starting to like Leveler better.

Gah, When I first made the Character, I couldn't choose between the two. I said Equalizer in his Bio, But I'm starting to like Leveler better.

I think Leveler sounds more accurate, going off of what he can do. He more levels the playing field than makes them equal to….something else. /semantics 

How long would he be out? Does it take his body longer to repair a delicate organ like the brain, or would it heal at the same rate as a broken limb or something similar?

I would say he stay unconcious for about 10 minutes and is disoriented for another 30 minutes.

You know, I love dissecting powers like this.

I admidd, that I don´t have a very concrete plan how to meet up with others yet. If no one has any idea, and feel free to tell me if you do, I suppose I will head toward thoughttown.

Oh Don't worry. You're exactly the Kind of Epic that both CorpseMaker and Sightline Love meeting. They'll both try to find you, one to recruit you, and one to try to kill you.

But which one will do what?

I'm working on a new Epic character and as I was, I was thinking that it would be fun and interesting if we ended up with two sides to this battle: Altermind's and another or even a third's. Altermind won't work with all these Epics but he will with enough that if the others are by themselves, they'll be demolished.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Mailliw73

I'm working on a new Epic character and as I was, I was thinking that it would be fun and interesting if we ended up with two sides to this battle: Altermind's and another or even a third's. Altermind won't work with all these Epics but he will with enough that if the others are by themselves, they'll be demolished.

What do you guys think?

I like it. I think we should probably hash out alliances now, or in the near future, so we have a plan as to who will ally with who. It'll be easier to keep track of everything that way, and easier to plan for attacks and whatnot. 

Good idea. So far, it's like this:

Thoughttown Coalition: Altermind, Flashpoint, Scorch. Possibles: SightLine, Flamethrower/Kathy.

Loners: SightLine, Flamethrower/Kathy, Night Hound, Ricochet. Gordon, Travis.

Tentative Alliance: CorpseMaker, Dr. Funtimes. Nathan.

Thieves:  Max, Mel.

Humans are in Italics, Epics are normal.

Is this right? Did I forget anyone?

Edited by Mailliw73

Okay, here's a list of who we have and what alliances are starting to form. This will be changed and added to. 

Human Characters 

Travis (Theorymaker)

Gordon (Joe) 

Max (Mailliw) 

Mel (Delightful) 

Nathan (Twi) 

Epic Characters 

Altermind (Mailliw) 

Finch/Ricochet (Leftinch) 

Joe, CorpseMaker (Joe) 

Kathy (Theorymaker) 

Nighthound (Edgedancer)

Doctor Funtimes, Scorch (Twi) 

Good idea. So far, it's like this:

Thoughttown Coalition: Altermind, Flashpoint, Scorch. Possibles: SightLine, Flamethrower/Kathy.

Loners: Joe, Flamethrower/Kathy, Night Hound, Ricochet.

Tentative Alliance: CorpseMaker, Dr. Funtimes.

Thieves: Max, Mel

Is this right? Did I forget anyone?

That looks right. 

Humans and Their Alliances 

Definite: Nathan/Funtimes, Max/Mel

Tentative: Gordon/Joe

In Name Only: Nathan/CorpseMaker 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Just finished reading what currently happend in Oregon and just in time to negotiate alliances. For Nighthound I could see alliances with Funtime/Nathan and/or Altermind. Obviously Sightline is out of the question and Corpsemaker would also be problematic given that NH would dislike the power imbalance between himself and CM (plus after all the talking we had I kind of want the two of them to have a go at it) something shorth termed might work with him though. Maybe first feeling out the water with him and Funtimes and then spliting of together with Funtimes after the betrayel Joe mentioned or stalling teaming up as long as possible until Corpsemaker hands his chull to him and then joining the opposition to get revenge.

And I realised something when Mailliw said he was working on another Epic. Except from maybe Funtimes all our powerful Epics have kind of subtle powers that wouldn´t create much damage to the surrounding, which makes it kind of hard to reach Step 3: Apocalypse or maybe that is just prove that Oregon wasn´t destroyed afterall. Anyhow, I might also drop another Epic in, an idea is already forming.

Just finished reading what currently happend in Oregon and just in time to negotiate alliances. For Nighthound I could see alliances with Funtime/Nathan and/or Altermind. Obviously Sightline is out of the question and Corpsemaker would also be problematic given that NH would dislike the power imbalance between himself and CM (plus after all the talking we had I kind of want the two of them to have a go at it) something shorth termed might work with him though. Maybe first feeling out the water with him and Funtimes and then spliting of together with Funtimes after the betrayel Joe mentioned or stalling teaming up as long as possible until Corpsemaker hands his chull to him and then joining the opposition to get revenge.

And I realised something when Mailliw said he was working on another Epic. Except from maybe Funtimes all our powerful Epics have kind of subtle powers that wouldn´t create much damage to the surrounding, which makes it kind of hard to reach Step 3: Apocalypse or maybe that is just prove that Oregon wasn´t destroyed afterall. Anyhow, I might also drop another Epic in, an idea is already forming.

Funtimes would be open to an alliance with anyone, although it's hard to say how long said alliance would last. From Nighthound's intro (creepy, by the way, good work) I doubt they'd last long together, which could lead to either yet another faction forming or each of them joining existing factions. 

And as for damage to the environment: Kathy and Scorch both have flame powers, and Flashpoint controls electricity. And I can see people resorting to bombs and molotovs in a vain attempt to stop CorpseMaker. But yes, another destructive Epic would probably be a good addition. 

Edit: I guess, deep down, none of us really want to see Oregon destroyed. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Epic Name: Electro

Normal Name: Thurston Towne

Weakness: <PM'd to the GM>

Primary Power: Power Cutter. He can create highly focused electricity that allows him to cut through objects and people.

Secondary Power: Scrambler. He can scramble the electrons in people's minds causing them to be disoriented and confused for short periods of time. He has to be within ten feet of someone to Scramble them. He can do it from farther away if they are connected by metal or water.

Passive Power: Electric Field. There is a small electric field always surrounding his body. If someone touches Electro, they receive a medium-sized shock; enough to hurt them a bit and cause their hair to stick up. Soft materials (such as: paper, fabric, or thin wood) vaporize when they hit the field. Electro can allow some materials not to be vaporized. Eg: his clothes or paper he is writing on. The field is electromagnetic. Electro can choose to make the field repel or attract metal. The field's size flares out when Electro experiences strong emotion.

Appearance: Short, spiky blond hair. Electro looks like a punk rock star. He wears a studded leather belt and jacket over ripped jeans and a t shirt.

Home City: Seattle

Interests: Punk, rock, death.

Job: Thurston used to be a clerk at a movie rental place. Then he became Electro.

Weaponry: His powers and two knives he keeps sheathed at either hip. He lived most his life in the streets and alleys and grew up knife fighting.

Trivia:

-Both of his parents died when he was 12

-He raised himself through teenage years

-He belonged to a gang

Altermind probably wouldn't mind working with NH, but if Sightline allies with Altermind, do you think Nh and SL would be able to be allies at all through Altermind?

Funtimes would be open to an alliance with anyone, although it's hard to say how long said alliance would last. From Nighthound's intro (creepy, by the way, good work) I doubt they'd last long together, which could lead to either yet another faction forming or each of them joining existing factions. 

And as for damage to the environment: Kathy and Scorch both have flame powers, and Flashpoint controls electricity. And I can see people resorting to bombs and molotovs in a vain attempt to stop CorpseMaker. But yes, another destructive Epic would probably be a good addition. 

Edit: I guess, deep down, none of us really want to see Oregon destroyed.

Flashpoint is technically an electricity epic, but he can only do small pulses. It's not real destructive. Electro on the other hand...

Twilyght, do you think Scorch would break off and rebel from Altermind or would he be loyal/desperate enough to stay?

Here's How I see it. Altermind (Lawful Neutral) Could be the bridge between Sightline (Lawful Good(?)) and NightHound (Lawful(?) Evil).

Dr. Funtimes (Chaotic Good) will team up with CorpseMaker (Chaotic Evil) due to the shared Chaotic Nature. But Funtimes is also good, So she'll be welcomed by Altermind (LN) as well.

Flashpoint, Scorch, and Gordon, (Chaotic Neutral) will work with anyone who pays them really, so they'll side with whoever gives the most benefits. Currently Altermind and Sightline.

Electro (Chaotic(?) Evil) Could probabbly ally with CorpseMaker

Ricochet, I haven't seen in action yet.

Nathan, I don't know if he's Lawful or Chaotic, but he's definetely Good.

Max and Mel, (Chaotic Good(Except around Epics)), and Kathy and Travis (Chaotic Neutral(?)) mainly work for themselves so far, and could join an alliance with anyone.

Does any of this make sense? Or is it just me?

Edited by The Only Joe