Technically speaking, the dinosaur bones are entirely fossilized--entirely stone, with little to no trace of the actual biological material. But since I've already hinted that Lightwards can animate such disparate fragments of flesh as a can of spam, I think we could make a case for there being enough protein residue left for a reanimation, TwiLyght permitting. ;)

If Epics can disregard the laws of biology, math, and physics, then you can too. :P

Yes! Yes! This is better than Scary Monsters. It´s Funtimes riding a zomby Tricey! Charge! Charge!

I'm picturing CorpseMaker trying to stare down a T-Rex as Nighthound tries to make a lizard-hound-monstrosity thing.

Could he do that?

The only thing certain is that various forms of awesomeness are rapidly approaching. :D

EDIT: "are", because of tenses.

Edited by Kobold King

I'm picturing CorpseMaker trying to stare down a T-Rex as Nighthound tries to make a lizard-hound-monstrosity thing.

Could he do that?

You´re the GM. You tell me. :P 

There are two possible problems, I can see. One is that I´ve honestly never thought about him using his ability on animal but I guess there is no reason why not, if Epics can effect animals, which is a requirement for Lightwards.

The second one is if he could overwrite Lightwards control over his zombies.

You´re the GM. You tell me. :P

There are two possible problems, I can see. One is that I´ve honestly never thought about him using his ability on animal but I guess there is no reason why not, if Epics can effect animals, which is a requirement for Lightwards.

The second one is if he could overwrite Lightwards control over his zombies.

I'm  not entirely sure who Nighthound is or what his powers are. Could you explain perhaps, or give me a link to his official description? Then I would be pleased to explain precisely why he'd be completely incapable of overwriting Lightwards' control. :P

Nighthound, while not the most powerful Epic in this RP is most likely the one most evil or at the very least the one most creepy. Go ahead and read.

Awesome character! I upvoted him, and find a part of myself wishing to run into him. As for whether he could Domesticate one of Lightwards' zombies... I honestly have no idea, but fortunately it's not up to me to decide. :P At the very least, Lightwards can control way more than five animals at a time, so that might tip the scale in his favor in a conflict.

Give me a time and place and we'll fight a duel. :P

Well....zombies and hounds are controlled by willpower, aren't they? So I think it would come down to a question of whose will is stronger. Since they're both stubborn, being Epics, I might even say that a battle of wills MIGHT result in whoever had control losing it, and the subject in question being temporarily freed.

On the other hand, I could also see whoever had control first having the upper hand, with whoever wants control having to fight twice as hard for it.

Well....zombies and hounds are controlled by willpower, aren't they? So I think it would come down to a question of whose will is stronger. Since they're both stubborn, being Epics, I might even say that a battle of wills MIGHT result in whoever had control losing it, and the subject in question being temporarily freed.

On the other hand, I could also see whoever had control first having the upper hand, with whoever wants control having to fight twice as hard for it.

Specifically, I envision Lightwards' control mechanism to be more closely related to focus and conviction, which means that the maximum threshold of his control has gotten weaker since his two deaths. When he first gained his powers, he had a hard limit of around 100 human zombies at a time. The maximum keeps getting reduced by varying degrees. Now he's limited to around twenty, though theoretically he might approach his original limit if he managed to keep focus for long enough. Which is unlikely, due to Funtimes' corrupting influence.

Awesome character! I upvoted him, and find a part of myself wishing to run into him. As for whether he could Domesticate one of Lightwards' zombies... I honestly have no idea, but fortunately it's not up to me to decide. :P At the very least, Lightwards can control way more than five animals at a time, so that might tip the scale in his favor in a conflict.

Give me a time and place and we'll fight a duel. :P

Thank you. You might change your mind if you read his actual intrudction, it´s not pretty.

For now the plan is to have Nighthound join up with Corpsemaker, when the later starts his raid on the amory. But right now he is still unoccupied, so it´s either now or after that, which would give you the time to pick up some undead support.

One could argue that Lightward´s control over multiple entitis makes the control over each weaker, so Nighthound could take over one, if he uses all of his power on it but loses it immediatly, when he takes some of his power back. Does that seem balanced? (To be honest I want to see one of those monstrosities.)

One could argue that Lightward´s control over multiple entitis makes the control over each weaker, so Nighthound could take over one, if he uses all of his power on it but loses it immediatly, when he takes some of his power back. Does that seem balanced? (To be honest I want to see one of those monstrosities.)

I would loan a velociraptor for the sake of science. :P

Anyway, now I guess we're waiting for TwiLyght to confirm some semblance of a map for the game, or at least confirm whether the museum is located in another Epic's territory. I'm not sure how much of the city has been claimed by this point. I'm also not sure if it would be more awesome to simply walk in easily and surprise people with a dinosaur horde the next morning, or get involved in an epic battle for control of the museum. :D

Edited by Kobold King

I didn't find a natural history museum on Google Maps, but the most likely location would be downtown. That could be within a few blocks to a few miles of CorseMaker's old bank. Thoughttown is in a suburb, so it wouldn't be in AM's territory. There was a map posted a few pages back, but I can't dig it up at the moment.

And yes, NH is super creepy. If he smiled at me while in line at the store, I'd call the police. I'm fairly sure they'd arrest him for harassment. :P

Let me search for a fitting museum... Uh, there is a Portland museum with a jurasic apartment. Where is it? Oh... England, storm it.

Yes call the cops and get the poor sobs killed, you monster, as GLaDos would say. Not that he would ever stand in line.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Yes...I'd like to report a sexual harassment. And attempted murder."

"All right, ma'am, stay calm. Describe what he's doing."

"He's SMILING at me!"

"Ma'am, we can't arrest someone for smiling at you, let alone charge him with attempted murder."

"COME AND LOOK AT HIM!"

"Ma'am, are you crying?"

Kobold! You can't say the word "shipping" to the Internet! Do you want 3,582 Lightwards/vulture stories? :P I've spent quite a lot of time on those fanfic sites in my day, and let me tell you, they are not for the faint of heart. 

Lightwards / vulture: Lighture.

Lightwards / Nathan: Travelwards.

Lightwards / Funtimes: Light-times.

Lightwards / Nighthound: Lighthound.

Lightwards / Mary Sadry: She's a married woman, you pervert.

You Raise Me Up, a Lighture story: 

He's raised me, Ka-ka-karow thought, preening his feathers. Was he a he? Or was he a she? The bird had forgotten some time after its second death. He's raised me so many times, and he'll keep on raising me. A rush of love filled the bird's cold heart. Was it love? Or was it hunger? Whatever the case, the bird thought blissfully, Lightwards will bring me a rat or a burrito or something.

Ever and Ever On, Travelwards story: 

"Wow," the Traveller breathed. "This road just goes on and on, doesn't it?" 

"Ever and ever on, down from the door where it began," Lightwards said, quoting from a book he'd read long ago. How had he forgotten? The Traveller did that to him, reminding him of things he'd put out of his head. On a whim, he turned to the Traveller and took both his hands in his. "Follow it with me! Follow that road, ever and ever on, as we vanquish death, hand in hand!" 

The Traveller raised an eyebrow. "Um, are we having the same conversation here?"

Tripping the Light Fantastic, a Light-times story: 

She pranced down the hallway, rainbow skirt bouncing. "Hi there," she said, grinning. She could light the entire state of Oregon with that grin, Lightwards thought. 

"Are you ready for our date, good Doctor Funtimes?" 

Funtimes giggled. "Close your eyes." 

He did. 

"Hold out your hands." 

He did, expecting flowers or a box of chocolates. Instead, he yelped as something cold and slimy filled his palms. Lightwards jumped, nearly dropping the dead frog. 

"Surprise!" Funtimes laughed, then looked shyly up at him. "Do you like it?" 

"Oh, Funtimes," Lightwards said, trying to contain his emotion, "this is the most wonderful gift I've ever received."

Endangering Love, a Lighthound story: 

"Shall we do it, then?" Nighthound's voice was low and husky, like the rumbling of an ancient wind. "Shall we rule this city, arm in arm, scattering pathetic vanillas in our wake as they flee the force of our love?" 

Lightwards could hardly breathe, let alone speak, but he did it anyway. "Yes," he said, so softly it was nearly lost. "Yes, we shall do it." 

Nighthound gave a mysterious, close-lipped smile as he handed Lightwards a bouquet of dead roses. "They are yours forever," he breathed.

Oh No You Didn't, a Ladry story 

"Come away with me, darling," Lightwards breathed, kissing her hand. "Come away with me, and we shall flee this terrible place and build a society of our own." 

"Hands off the wife!" That was the last thing Lightwards heard before a chair collided with the back of his skull.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

You Raise Me Up, a Lighture story: 

He's raised me, Ka-ka-karow thought, preening his feathers. Was he a he? Or was he a she? The bird had forgotten some time after its second death. He's raised me so many times, and he'll keep on raising me. A rush of love filled the bird's cold heart. Was it love? Or was it hunger? Whatever the case, the bird thought blissfully, Lightwards will bring me a rat or a burrito or something.

Ever and Ever On, Travelwards story: 

"Wow," the Traveller breathed. "This road just goes on and on, doesn't it?" 

"Ever and ever on, down from the door where it began," Lightwards said, quoting from a book he'd read long ago. How had he forgotten? The Traveller did that to him, reminding him of things he'd put out of his head. On a whim, he turned to the Traveller and took both his hands in his. "Follow it with me! Follow that road, ever and ever on, as we vanquish death, hand in hand!" 

The Traveller raised an eyebrow. "Um, are we having the same conversation here?"

Tripping the Light Fantastic, a Light-times story: 

She pranced down the hallway, rainbow skirt bouncing. "Hi there," she said, grinning. She could light the entire state of Oregon with that grin, Lightwards thought. 

"Are you ready for our date, good Doctor Funtimes?" 

Funtimes giggled. "Close your eyes." 

He did. 

"Hold out your hands." 

He did, expecting flowers or a box of chocolates. Instead, he yelped as something cold and slimy filled his palms. Lightwards jumped, nearly dropping the dead frog. 

"Surprise!" Funtimes laughed, then looked shyly up at him. "Do you like it?" 

"Oh, Funtimes," Lightwards said, trying to contain his emotion, "this is the most wonderful gift I've ever received."

Endangering Love, a Lighthound story: 

"Shall we do it, then?" Nighthound's voice was low and husky, like the rumbling of an ancient wind. "Shall we rule this city, arm in arm, scattering pathetic vanillas in our wake as they flee the force of our love?" 

Lightwards could hardly breathe, let alone speak, but he did it anyway. "Yes," he said, so softly it was nearly lost. "Yes, we shall do it." 

Nighthound gave a mysterious, close-lipped smile as he handed Lightwards a bouquet of dead roses. "They are yours forever," he breathed.

Oh No You Didn't, a Ladry story 

"Come away with me, darling," Lightwards breathed, kissing her hand. "Come away with me, and we shall flee this terrible place and build a society of our own." 

"Hands off the wife!" That was the last thing Lightwards heard before a chair collided with the back of his skull.

This. Just... this. We now have fanfiction for a role-playing game based on a published novel. And it is awesome. Everybody upvote it. Because it is awesome.

SOAWESOME2.png