Ok, So I'm going to Rescue Kathy while you recruit Travis. Then we'll both appear after you and travis go to release her, but find her gone.

And I'm going to have Gordon discover the aftermath of the Bank Scene.

Okay. Sounds good. But why would they go back after she's free?

Joe, depending on how you plan things to go down, would you prefer NH to join up with the CM group while or after you take over the armory?

By the way I just looked it up. That thing is right next to Thoughttown.

It is? Joe! Putting secret hideouts right next to mine? Tsk tsk. :P

I'll have her stick with AM when he gets there and have her come with him to interrogate the prisoners. He won't want to let her wander. He just met her and has no idea how much he can trust her, especially after just being betrayed and with how dangerous she is.

All right, here's a summary of characters, powers, and events. (All of these are the short-and-sweet version; I left out a lot of details for the sake of brevity.) 

Doctor Funtimes: Matter manipulation and teleportation. Completely bonkers.

Scorch: Control over fire and immunity to heat. Formerly worked for Altermind but recently defected. Kind of a moron.  

Altermind: Telepathic illusions and telekinesis. Rules an area of Portland called Thoughttown. 

Electro: Control over electricity; can use it to temporarily disable opponents. Merc for hire. 

Joe/Sightline: Short-range teleportation and perfect vision (can even see through blindfolds). Never wanted to be an Epic and makes a name hunting the worst of them in Oregon. 

CorpseMaker: Can kill on sight, prime invincibility, negate powers. Not a nice person. 

Nighthound: Super strength, healing. Can "gift" to humans and gain temporary control over them. Super creepy. 

Voidgaze: Can destroy anything white and all adjacent objects in her line of sight. Can also resurrect. Loner, seems nice enough. 

Kathy/Flamethrower: Control over fire. Doesn't seem to have much interest in turf wars. 

Ricochet: Can bounce and control fire. Something of a merc. 

Human characters: 

Nathan: Escaped Newcago with the help of Doctor Funtimes. Mistaken for an Epic by CorpseMaker; going by The Traveller. 

Gordon: Investigating the aftermath of Nighthound's introductory rampage. Tentative alliance with SightLine. 

Max and Mel: Thieves, currently unaligned. 

Travis: Broke into Thoughttown and captured by Altermind. 

(I think that's everyone. Tell me if I missed someone.) 

Plot thus far: 

Everyone wound up in Portland, Oregon. At the beginning of the RP, Joe trapped CorpseMaker in the wall of his own bank. Funtimes, looking for a fun time, turned the bank into a bouncy castle and cut him out of the wall. Altermind, Electro, Voidgaze and Ricochet all wound up at the bank. After a short fight, sides were chosen. 

Alliances so far: 

Funtimes, Nathan, Ricochet 

Altermind, Voidgaze

SightLine, Gordon, Kathy, Travis (eventually, and will likely join Altermind and Voidgaze)

CorpseMaker, Electro, Scorch, Nighthound (eventually)  

The bouncy castle, having been shot and scorched, is on its way down, so everyone has gone their separate ways—Altermind and Voidgaze back to Thoughttown, Nathan and Funtimes some distance away (currently unspecified) and CorpseMaker, Scorch, and Electro out of the bank. 

Others will solidify, but that's what's written into the RP so far. 

The end goal is Oregon being destroyed by the turf wars, so any destructive Epics you want to write are welcome. 

(Did I miss anything? I think I did, so tell me so I can correct it.) 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

okay cool.

so my character is a high epic but he tries to keep it hidden. he has precog, heightened reflexes, and enhanced perception (sort of like Shawn spencer). he wears a long leather duster and a broad brimmed hat. he is 26 years old, he has dark brown hair. his weapon of choice is the sniper rifle, but he does have a pistol in his coat and a long knife strapped to his hip.

his epic name would be Psy-fi. (if anyone has a better name I would be glad to hear it.) those close to him address him by his real name which is Joshua.

backstory time, he became an epic when he was 16, his weakness is algebra 2 tests because algebra 2 was the first time he ever did bad on a math test. he hunts down epics because an epic killed his younger brother, but he tries to keep a low profile. unfortunately word spreads and he is known in many places.

what do you guys think. and is it okay to create a second person or epic that always travels with me?

Edited by Matrim Bloody Cauthon

Corpsemaker's alliance is pretty rusting scary. A basilisk-like Epic who can negate powers, a fire-throwing one, one who cuts with electricity and can confuse you, and an insanely strong and creepy Epic who can gift his powers. That's a powerful team.

I doubt Voidgaze is going to let him start ruling. And Altermind won't let someone that vicious and evil rule. Sightline won't stand for it. Flashpoint will help Altermind and Kathy will come along. My alliance has the numbers, but not necessarily the power CM's does.

He definitely has the most powerful Epics, that's for sure—except for Funtimes, but…well, she had an entire BANK, and she turned it into a bouncy castle. Not an arsenal. Not an Army Surplus store. Not even a fort. A bouncy castle. Not that she won't be a threat, but she will be a very weird one. A threat that offers you cupcakes. 

It's going to be a good fight, is what I'm saying. 

Welcome, Matrim, a precog, eh? Those are interesting, there prime invincibility can be used as a weapon but also isn´t insurmountable when it comes to killing them. Then again at this point Regalia´s projection ought to be my favourite kind of invincibility.

Also join up with the thoughttown people, that´s where all the smart and kinda nice Epics, that aren´t insane, gather.

(For an RP about destroying a town we really have a lot of nice and/or non-destructive Epics, but hey, I´m guilty on both fronts so whatever. But if Nighthound ever suffers the horrible death he deserves, I already have a concept for a more destructive replacement.)

Just out of pure interest, how far ahead goes the precog and does he actually have to take the test or is it enough to show it to him. (Just ignore the question about the weakness, if you want to, given that the rest of us hasn´t even revealed theirs to the puplic, yet.)

CM´s alliances weakness is that half of his people are rather easy to kill. The other half though....

Edit: Wait, Altermind has waffles? We just became the invincible faction.

Edited by Edgedancer

(Just ignore the question about the weakness, if you want to, given that the rest of us hasn´t even revealed theirs to the puplic, yet.)

Well, Altermind's have both been mentioned in his RP. Briefly, but they are there. Electro's weakness has a hint in his profile, but it hasn't been mentioned.

Yes. We win by default because of the waffles. :P

Well, Altermind's have both been mentioned in his RP. Briefly, but they are there. Electro's weakness has a hint in his profile, but it hasn't been mentioned.

Yes. We win by default because of the waffles. :P

Sure there are a lot of hints. Nighthound´s is hinted at a couple of times and I told Joe. In Voidgaze´s case the hint is admidetly to vague to call proper foreshadowing but I didn´t have a good chance yet for hints that aren´t to obvious.

Twilight actually revealed one of Funtimes weaknesses before the RP started. Sightline couldn´t see with his old glasses, so that´s blatant, otherwise his sight would only have been distorted. Granted, I would have to reread his intruduction to check but I didn´t catch anything concrete on Corpsemaker´s weakness.

Do the waffles come with cream? Because that would turn this into a curbstomp.

@edgedancer precog depends on whether or not he is concentrating, and it is enough to show him the test. That is why his hat has a flap tucked in it to pull over the eyes. Being precog the blindfold doesnt bother me much. I only tell you this because your character still wont know.

Okay, good to know.

Edited by Edgedancer

Sightline couldn´t see with his old glasses, so that´s blatant, otherwise his sight would only have been distorted.

None of my Friends can see when they wear my Glasses. I'm Legally blind without them, and anyone who wears them is as well. So he could have just had super bad sight.

. . .But yes. I need to work on Subtlety. Sightline can't teleport when wearing glasses, he can't teleport others wearing Glasses. (This is why I had CorpseMaker put on Sunglasses)

None of my Friends can see when they wear my Glasses. I'm Legally blind without them, and anyone who wears them is as well. So he could have just had super bad sight.

. . .But yes. I need to work on Subtlety. Sightline can't teleport when wearing glasses, he can't teleport others wearing Glasses. (This is why I had CorpseMaker put on Sunglasses)

I wear glasses myself, although I still can see enough without them, everything just becomes unfocused and I wore the glasses of other people, whose sight problems go into the opposite direction, so yeah if the glasses are strong enough you really won´t be able to recognize anything but you would still "see" a blur of colors, so maybe I´m just nitpicking again... meh, whatever.

Smoothe move and stylish to boot. Now, we only have to bring him to make Jojo poses and it´s perfect.

It all depends on how much time you want to devote to it. If you feel like you have real-world responsibilities and this game is taking up too much time, you can always have your character take a step back from the action. 

Or let someone kill him/her off. :P

Thanks for replying. If there's any room (looks crowded already), I might try to come up with a decent character idea.