It's Not Just Renarin - Truthwatchers Could All See the Future

Longshot97

On 21/05/2023 at 9:29 PM, Jn819 said:

Glys said it would fear Renarin. I'm not sure if it knew he was a Truthwatcher, that his spren was Enlightened, or what. Maybe it thought he was a Lightweaver who was about to Soulcast it.

My guess is that it had just taken too much of a beating already and saw that Renarin still had enough power to finish it off, so it might as well give up and "die" (as much as any Fused dies) now.

You mention exactly what might be the answer: "It will fear you!"

Renarin is connected to Odium by Glys. The Thunderclast could have feared this. We already know Renarin is no ordinary Truthwatcher, indeed his powers are distinctly Voidish.

Light making it go away is odd. Perhaps some further aspect of Renarin's abilities? Like what @Jn819 said?

An end of RoW spoiler may eventually reveal some answers:

Spoiler

Rlain bonds an enlightened spren which seems to also be a mistspren as with Renarin. Rlain is still different to Renarin, being a Listener who defied Odium, but perhaps in SA5 between Rlain and Renarin and however many other enlightened spren come to form bonds we will get some quantitative answers on how these spren alter the Radiants.

Something that may also help is seeing what Venli and the other Listener Willshapers do. Either Thude or Leshwi (I can't remember who, maybe both) show great excitement that 'the spren have returned to us'. Nahel bonds may not have existed before the arrival of humans and the First Desolation but something existed between the Dawnsingers, spren, Honor and Cultivation. The Dawnsingers certainly had a deep connection to Roshar, perhaps through spren, and so the Listener Willshapers may provide an outlet for some further explanation, particularly, as evidenced by Venli and explained in the RoW Ars Arcanum, Stoneshaping's ability to dredge up the past as stored by the 'memories' or something of the stone itself. I figure this will be an important part of the continuation of Venli and the Listener's story in SA5 and considering that nearly every major Radiant character is unique in some way this storyline may reveal more about spren and the Nahel bond.

Bit off track but after rereading RoW (and indeed the whole of the SA for the tenth time but no one needs to know about that) I figured this could be important.

Sorry I think my post has been garbled in where it was meant to be. I've replied to posts from ages back, I think? Well, see what you guys make of it anyway :) .

Edited by AFdooda
Realising I'm seriously confused.