More Structure-y RP for 17S Factions

Since people seem to be gravitating to rping in the faction threads, and since Chaos started a war I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread dedicated to starting a more structured thread (still not totally structured) for the rps in this corner of the forums. On a more RP note the scenery in the NC is getting old as well. I'll be the GM for now, just to make sure things don't get too crazy. (but by all means be crazy, we're not here to make a lot of sense)

The scenery of this thread is dark and formless waited to be shaped by the will of the first guild to claim part of it as their own...

We've rebuilt Newcago in a split between my Pocket Plane, and Chicago. It's safer there as I have greater control over the realm for defence, and if we have to we can just move the rest of the way in. It also makes Calamity look prettier.

I'd like to propose some basic guidlines for war. If your in battle with someone, and they have clearly killed you, then you must return to your clans base and seek to be revived by the clan leader. You may not kill multiple people in one post. You may not kill somebody without fighting  or sneaking up on them, with some malevolence implied. in a previous post. If you have been killed on a different clans thread, than you can't post on that thread until you've been revived and at least three new posts, since your death, have been made.

I'm proposing these just so that we don't get into the, "Well now your dead because I did 'x' and 'y' to you." "No i'm not because I don't want to be and I did this and this". It gets really annoying really quickly. So this is something that I think would be better.

Well seeing as all the Feather Magic uses Feathers instead of Metal or Stormlight, I think we have Branched out.

I, as a Full Feather Born, have access to all ten of the FeatherBindings (SurgeBinding) as well as the Entirety of the Feathic Arts (Mettalic Arts). I also have a FeatherBlade and set of FeatherPlate. and a Chaos Axe.

See, but Joe, a power set like that prepares you for every situation with no need for creativity. Grevious wound? Stormlight/compounding! Anyone anywhere? Speed bubbles! It's much more interesting if you have actual limits to what you can do. After all, if all you have is a hammer, the unholy uses you can put that hammer to will humble and horrify the dread minds that dwell in humanities darkest soul.

For example, I have a blade of cold steel and Cold Steel Allomancy and Feruchemy. The difference between this and normal Allomancy and Feruchemy is in tone - Their use precipitates the cold from the essense of the universe, tapping into the soul of the endless void to chill anything their Investiture affects. This side-effect can be manipulated by me to an extent, making the exchange more or less efficient, but it can never be done away with, nor can it overshadow the original effect.

Edited by Swimmingly

I think that I'll go with my force powers, for these reasons. Everyone knows the force, it limits me more than my other two, I'd like to see how creative I can get with it. I'm also a steel twinborn. I dual wield a lighthsaber and my newcago iceshardblade.I also have lots of pockets. I can possess Finches, and I do have a gun. somewhere.

I have ten Shardblades/Sprenblades but only access to the first five surges, start with with Adhesion and ending with Progression. None of the Mettalic Arts are mine to use. I have a set of Shardplate, but I think I'm going to give that up to a worthy Feather. Oh, and whatever rep rank i am, I get those powers while I'm at that rank. And. A Featherspear.

So: Adhesion,Gravity, Division,Abrasion, and Progression. 10 Shardblades and a Featherspear. Plus my rank power.

Edited by Mailliw73