May Sja-anat be Remade

Nbat

So we know from RoW that even a spren as powerful as the Sibling can be corrupted given enough voidlight, essentially making it an Unmade.

Following that, I belive there should be a way to Remade an Unmade with stormlight (or lifelight, I'm not picky). And I think it's quite obvius that's what Sja-anat will do, to free herself from Odium's influence. Or maybe not, 'cause the Sibling also said that being Unmade is the same as death.

Aanyway, my own haedcannon until next book release is that Sja-anat will become a warlight Bondsmith spren (same as the Sibling is a towerlight spren), and I have two perfectly good and circunstancial proofs:

• Rlain said he could hear the Rythm of War from Tumi.
  • Sja-anat's name is derived from a Semitic war goddess (according to coppermind wiki). So war goddess -> warlight spren. Irrefutable evidence.

Thank you for listening my madman speech.

Have a good day.

This is a cool idea, I like it. 

For Symmetry if nothing else, it makes sense for there to be three more Bondsmiths now that Odium's invested enough for his Pure Tone. One to be the Voidlight rep (BAM most likely) and one each for hybrid Lights, "Warlight" and what may or may not eventually be called "Freedomlight" (which has textual support but still sounds like it belongs on a line of Red,White&Blue 'Merica-theme fireworks or some such non-sense).

I think that Odium's magic system (any better words for 'system' would be nice) has nine surges ergo nine unmade and no bondsmiths. I think that your idea is awesome and I would love to see something like it but I'm not sure if it could work.

2 hours ago, Xiahida said:

I think that Odium's magic system (any better words for 'system' would be nice) has nine surges ergo nine unmade and no bondsmiths. I think that your idea is awesome and I would love to see something like it but I'm not sure if it could work.

Invested art.

I don't think Fused are strictly Odium's invested art. They are the same to Radiant's Surgebinding, and Fused themself Surgebind as well (after all they call it Surges). Radiant's Surgebinding comes from Honor and Cultivation. Voidbinding might be the true invested art of Odium, but we don't know much about it yet. There isn't any true answer to the question "how many magic systems are on Roshar". It all depends on how you categorize them. And that's what Brandon says as well.

If Sja-anat gets Remade, she will stop being one of the Unmade so it won't be a problem with the number 9 and with Odium not having any Bondsmiths.

18 hours ago, alder24 said:

Invested art.

I don't think Fused are strictly Odium's invested art. They are the same to Radiant's Surgebinding, and Fused themself Surgebind as well (after all they call it Surges). Radiant's Surgebinding comes from Honor and Cultivation. Voidbinding might be the true invested art of Odium, but we don't know much about it yet. There isn't any true answer to the question "how many magic systems are on Roshar". It all depends on how you categorize them. And that's what Brandon says as well.

True, though he's put it on a scale of 1-30 not including Old Magic a time or two, and recently clarified that into Three Sets of Ten. That definately makes me think "One" means "Surgebinding", and the three sets of ten are 10 surges for each of the three Shards.  Odium simply may not have been capable of granting his own "Pure Surge" back when he made the Fused but had not yet Invested enough for his own Tone to arise.  

Spoiler

Dunkelheit

Khriss mentions in the Ars Arcanum that her research suggests another set of abilities more esoteric than the [Voidbindings]. You have said before that the only magic we haven't really seen is Voidbinding, but you have also said that no one has used Cultivation magic on-screen (not counting boons and curses). Is this other set of esoteric abilities Cultivation's magic, and is it called Lifebinding?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO! What a great question! What an excellent question.

Remember that when I originally conceived The Stormlight Archive, I was thinking of thirty magic systems. And I decided that that was instead three groups of ten, and I wasn't going to call it thirty magic systems. And indeed, that's even vague, because are fabrials their own magic system? What is going on? But anyway, who knows. RAFO!

YouTube Spoiler Stream 5 (Dec. 2, 2022)

18 hours ago, alder24 said:

If Sja-anat gets Remade, she will stop being one of the Unmade so it won't be a problem with the number 9 and with Odium not having any Bondsmiths.

Especially if the Everstorm Spren = UnMade theories prove true, it means Odium is thematically due to loose one.  On the other hand, perhaps now that Odium is under new management and not in active conflict with any of the other resident Shards, whatever misalignment that caused him to be Nine while Honor and Cultivation were manifesting the full Ten theme of the system could now be gone.  

On 22/3/2023 at 4:49 PM, Xiahida said:

Thing with Odium not being able to invest his Fused with the Adhesion Surge is that Adhesion is "the truest surge of Honor". So, if Sja-anat really becomes a Warlight spren, that shouldn't be a problem I think.

On 22/3/2023 at 6:58 PM, alder24 said:

Also this, yes. However now that you mention it, if someone bonds with a Remade Sja-anat that uses warlight, would that person also be able to use Voidbinding like with an enlightened spren?

Edited by Nbat

11 hours ago, Nbat said:

Also this, yes. However now that you mention it, if someone bonds with a Remade Sja-anat that uses warlight, would that person also be able to use Voidbinding like with an enlightened spren?

We don't even know what Voidbinding even is yet, so it's really hard to say. It's likely something that Renarin is doing, so it does involve enlightened spren. So a Bondsmith of Sja-anat wouldn't be a Voidbinder, as he isn't bonded with enlightened spren (unless he bonds with it as his second spren). We need more information about Voidbinding.