There once was a ship that faced the gale

The name of the ship was the Wandersail

The Sleepless came, their chances slipped

O go, my Herdaz boys, go

OIP.png.6dfc2f7d63c715f178724fda6e1e2396.png

Long Game 93: Soon May the Islands Come

~ ~ ~

Welcome aboard, to LG93! I'll be your Captain, and @StrikerEZ will be my First Mate, who we all know is the person who does all the real enforcing. I'm just here to make sure you lot don't get each other killed. Or at the very least, sing a sea shanty when you do.

At any rate, I've caught wind of a Sleepless infiltrating this vessel. Flicked a cremling off my bedpost this morning-- and my cabin doesn't get cremlings. I know an imposter when I see one. Instead of solving the problem myself, I'll turn it over to you, like any responsible Captain would.

I wish you the best of luck, my sailors. Still, I expect before long you'll all be longing for the days when the islands of Aimia finally appear on the horizon, promising this journey's end...

OIP.png.6dfc2f7d63c715f178724fda6e1e2396.png

(I'm not copying Kas' GMing format, I promise)

:rolleyes:

...Anyway, signups are open! They will run until Monday, March 27th, at 8am PDT, after which the game will promptly begin. This will also be the normal rollover time. In case it wasn't clear, Striker is my IM, so feel free to go to him before or during the game with any concerns you may have. Any rules clarification questions can go to me.

The rules can be found in doc form here, as well as in the spoiler directly below:

Rules:

Spoiler

Basics:

Spoiler
  • Day turns will be 48 hours, and Night turns will be 24 hours. Rollover will occur at 8am, Pacific Daylight Time.
  • Each Day turn, there will be an execution with no vote minimum. A tied vote will result in a random player in the tie being removed.
  • Each Night turn, a player may submit an order to create a 1-1 PM (provided Rushu is alive) and submit an action. PMs are created by the GM the following Day turn and do not have to include the player who created them. The elim kill is considered an action. 
  • Failure to post for the duration of two turns (one full cycle) will result in your removal or substitution with a pinch-hitter.
  • No roles are faction-specific. All roles are unique. No role can target the same player two cycles in a row.

Factions:

Spoiler
  • Expeditioners: Wins when Nikli is banished completely. Standard village faction.
  • Nikli: Wins when the Hordeling number is equal to the Expeditioner number. Standard eliminator faction, with a group doc.

Roles:

Spoiler
  • Rysn: Each night turn, use your intellect to rolescan a player.
  • Lopen: Each night turn, use your humor to distract and roleblock a player.
  • Huio: Each night turn, use your beefy frame to protect a player from one attack.
  • Cord: Each night turn, slip poison into your cooking to attack a player.
  • Rushu: Each night turn, create an extra PM. While you are alive, PMs can be created.

Participants:

Spoiler

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Tekkin
  2. @Archer - Ene Seattle, a hopeless romantic
  3. @_Stick_ - Stick
  4. @TheAlpha929 - Kaust Joshe
  5. @Araris Valerian - a rather lost Araris Valerian
  6. @Kasimir - Keshek, an Alethi cabin boy working to pay for his passage
  7. @Telrao - Mewlnir, the nefarious pirate cat & follower of the Salmon Meerkat
  8. @Ashbringer - AraRaash and his newly acquired set of Shardplate
  9. @The Wandering Wizard - Raven Beak
  10. @xinoehp512
  11. @JNV - Jack, a 'captain' more along the lines of Hoist Up The Thing
  12. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Ykld (banker), Rhwm (artifabrian), and Vrodn (retired sailor), who joined this expedition seeking to learn the fate of the First Dreams
  13. @|TJ| - Tark
  14. @Sart - Star Guy

Spectators:

Spoiler

Pinch-Hitters:

Spoiler

Quicklinks:

Edited by Elandera

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

There once was a ship that faced the gale

The name of the ship was the Wandersail

The Sleepless came, their chances slipped

O go, my Herdaz boys, go

Roshar Doc represent! #NeverForget #AG7 #LongDocGo 

8 hours ago, Archer said:

I assume over parity also works as an elim win? It's not that they have to get exactly parity. 

That is correct.

20 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

And now it is stuck in my head, I really should know better by now

Same xD And it probably will be stuck there until one day, when the game is done— 

Edit: Forgot to quote @Kasimir in saying that I actually don’t remember that, did we have a Wellerman parody in there? Maybe I do have a faint memory :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Edit: Forgot to quote @Kasimir in saying that I actually don’t remember that, did we have a Wellerman parody in there? Maybe I do have a faint memory :P.

A full parody in fact :P 

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴅᴏᴄ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴏɴ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀ

ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟꜱ ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱʜᴀʀᴇ 

ᴛʜᴇʏ ʙᴇɢᴜɴ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɴ ʙᴇɢᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴀᴡɴ.

ᴄʜᴏʀᴜꜱ

ꜱᴏᴏɴ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ

ᴛᴏ ʙʀɪɴɢ ᴜꜱ ꜱᴄᴀɴꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇʙʟᴏᴄᴋꜱ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ

ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴅᴏᴄ’ꜱ ᴅᴏɴᴇ,

ᴡᴇ’ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏ

@Matrim's Dice go ahead and put me on full player please. I’ll be Kaust Joshe. (Kaust is a title, Joshe is a last name. My character doesn’t tell anyone his first name.)

Spoiler

I think I’m addicted to SE now

Edited by TheAlpha929
Forgot my character’s name!

"Beg, borrow or steal, I'll find a way
To be with my lover next Christmas day
And I'll run and I'll roam, I'll cover the ground
Next Christmas I'll see you, I'll be around"

Signing up as Keshek, an Alethi cabin boy working to pay for his passage. Something about a lover in a distant port. Who cares? Keshek certainly seems to be sad and tired and distracted enough, but he gets the job done.

[OOC: Don't have much energy for this one but I blame Tress and sea shanties and simple games.]

Edited by Kasimir

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I wish I could sign up but I won't be on the Shard for the week after next week so I can't join. Will you be doing any more of these because I'd love to join a second one.

Yes, there will be more. We've got to lynch more GMs!

@Matrim's Dice

Signing up as the SA-X

ED1T: lol nope

Raven Beak instead :P

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Hello! I’m excited to be your IM for this game! If you are ever involved in a conflict between players, see one potentially arising, or just need to vent feel free to reach out to me! As a reminder, SE is just a game! Having fun and enjoying ourselves is the main goal of playing!

Good luck to everyone playing! I am very eager to watch this game unfold and experience my first game as an IM. 

Also you guys have no idea how many times I’ve almost tried to sign up for this game, forgetting I’m the IM….

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Hello! I’m excited to be your IM for this game! If you are ever involved in a conflict between players, see one potentially arising, or just need to vent feel free to reach out to me! As a reminder, SE is just a game! Having fun and enjoying ourselves is the main goal of playing!

Good luck to everyone playing! I am very eager to watch this game unfold and experience my first game as an IM. 

Also you guys have no idea how many times I’ve almost tried to sign up for this game, forgetting I’m the IM….

I was wondering why you hadn't signed up and then I realized that you are the IM. My brain has done this multiple times :P