Mistborn, the Musical

I'm not a musical person, so I probably couldn't help you with lyrics, but it would be fun to have Kelsier sing a really flashy over the top song about smiling and being optimistic or something (if we're focusing on the final empire), maybe it would be near the beginning when he's trying to encourage Vin? He could have a more solemn, melancholic reprise during/ right before his duel with the inquisitor near the end of the book. Going with that maybe the lyrics could also mention hope and then tie into his famous "I am Hope" line. The theme of hope, and optimism is a big one in Mistborn era 1, and it could connect really well with your idea for the main song being about trust.

Edited by Justice_Magician

I like that idea. A lot. I feel like getting Kelseir’s upbeat attitude as well as his more serious side would be crucial. I also feel like a duet between Vin and Kelseir with a theme of hope and trust, with Vin’s parts being in a minor key and Kelseir’s in a major key. I also feel like a love song between Vin and Elend would be good. Idk tho, im not a musical guy.

11 hours ago, Kendelian said:

I like that idea. A lot. I feel like getting Kelseir’s upbeat attitude as well as his more serious side would be crucial. I also feel like a duet between Vin and Kelseir with a theme of hope and trust, with Vin’s parts being in a minor key and Kelseir’s in a major key. I also feel like a love song between Vin and Elend would be good. Idk tho, im not a musical guy.

I love that. There will definitely be a duet with Kelsier and Vin, but I really like the major/minor idea.

• 5 weeks later...