Welcome to Nightvale!!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite WTNV character?

• Cecil
    • Carlos
    • Khoshekh
    • The Glow Cloud (All Hail)
    • Hiram McDaniels
    • Dana
    • The Faceless Old Woman Who Lives In Your Home
    • Pamela Winchell
    • Janice
    • Tamika Flynn
    • Steve Carlsberg
    • John Peters, You Know, The Farmer
    • Old Woman Josie
    • Megan
    • Kevin (wrong)
    • Other (pls tell us :D)

9 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Ok I’ve been listening to the audiobook for the faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home…

Oh, that reminds me of a question I had. When is the best time to read the books? I was lookin’ around on their website but I couldn’t find anything.

Wait a minute...if Cecil is Tad Strange...that implies the connection of the two towns. What if Weirdmageddon spawned the Glow cloud? All hail the Glow Cloud

Spoiler

Okay, this is totally random, but when I was listening to the episode where there's a new sheriff, (episode 80 I think) Their name is very gender neutral and the only pronouns used are they/them. It's probably not canon or accurate but I kind of get not-cis vibes from the character. 

My favorite inter-podcast theory is that Nightvale is a fear domain during TMA's fearpocalypse. Cecil has absolutely no idea that he is running said fear domain, which is why people close to him (read: Carlos) don't seem to be all that afraid anymore!

1 minute ago, Morningtide said:

My favorite inter-podcast theory is that Nightvale is a fear domain during TMA's fearpocalypse. Cecil has absolutely no idea that he is running said fear domain, which is why people close to him (read: Carlos) don't seem to be all that afraid anymore!

I absolutely love that idea! I wonder what entity's domain he'd be running...could it be one of the Watcher's domains? Cecil is always talking about how you need to talk to the cameras watching you. Or maybe he runs a Spiral domain...

Idk. It's definitely worth some more theorizing

3 hours ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

Wait a minute...if Cecil is Tad Strange...that implies the connection of the two towns. What if Weirdmageddon spawned the Glow cloud? All hail the Glow Cloud

Hide contents

Okay, this is totally random, but when I was listening to the episode where there's a new sheriff, (episode 80 I think) Their name is very gender neutral and the only pronouns used are they/them. It's probably not canon or accurate but I kind of get not-cis vibes from the character. 

Spoiler

Sam is non-binary!!!!! It's canon :D their voice actor is non-binary as well, i believe. (not positive tho)

19 hours ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

I absolutely love that idea! I wonder what entity's domain he'd be running...could it be one of the Watcher's domains? Cecil is always talking about how you need to talk to the cameras watching you. Or maybe he runs a Spiral domain...

Idk. It's definitely worth some more theorizing

Yeah I haven't decided what fear yet. Probably one of those two though! They seem to fit best. There could be some hints of The End in there as well... the inevitability and normality of it all.

I personally just think it's normal but overrun with entities cause the people there are just so used to it that they're easy prey lol

But maybe Nightvale is a mix of The Eye and The Spiral, and Desert Bluffs is a mix of The Eye and The Flesh.

Ooo i have some tma/nightvale crossover memes/fanart on Pinterest, i'll edit them in when i'm on my Chromebook :D

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I personally just think it's normal but overrun with entities cause the people there are just so used to it that they're easy prey lol

But maybe Nightvale is a mix of The Eye and The Spiral, and Desert Bluffs is a mix of The Eye and The Flesh.

Ooo i have some tma/nightvale crossover memes/fanart on Pinterest, i'll edit them in when i'm on my Chromebook :D

I like that take. 

I have this saved on my phone and I thought it was appropriate to share given the topic of conversation :P 

6C1C5F5E-1272-4D57-8B5E-D10DE311F644.jpeg.ff2f2a9dbfce7b81b659f9b831810694.jpeg

it’s kind of grainy so this is what it says:

[jon: Who do you serve? Beholding?]
[cecil: The people of Night Vale of course! (& station management) And yes! I love holding bees!]