Welcome to Nightvale!!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite WTNV character?

• Cecil
    • Carlos
    • Khoshekh
    • The Glow Cloud (All Hail)
    • Hiram McDaniels
    • Dana
    • The Faceless Old Woman Who Lives In Your Home
    • Pamela Winchell
    • Janice
    • Tamika Flynn
    • Steve Carlsberg
    • John Peters, You Know, The Farmer
    • Old Woman Josie
    • Megan
    • Kevin (wrong)
    • Other (pls tell us :D)

Hi guys!!! I started this podcast a couple of week ago and I am now on episode 52. It's seriously great and I really need to gush about it. Hence, Thread. Anyway... Favorite characters?  I really like Carlos and Dana (like probably everyone, I'm not special, I know. But there's nothing wrong with liking popular things if they are good. Which Carlos and Dana very much are.)

Random Nightvale thoughts to provoke disscusion:

Episode 38 is my favorite episode so far.

Sometimes I think about how awesome Cecil is and then I remember he'd hate me because I am a Scorpio lol (he is still awesome ofc)

Episode 47 was incredibly painful to listen to and episode 49 was some of the most wonderful audio I have ever injected into my ears via earphones. The two season finales I have listened to so far have knocked it out of the park (especially 49- 25 was amazing, but more sentimental than huge and exciting, I think. And the build-up to 49 was incredible. I wish I could forget it and listen to it over and over again, just to re-create the feeling. And omg I wish so badly I could time travel and go to that liveshow).

Does anyone know where the "Cecil has tentacles that he can sprout and detract at will" headcanon came from? I am not opposed, but its existence baffles me.

Some fun ort/memes i got from pinterest:

Spoiler

lolguitarlos.jpg.a84f3514b8bc293fa8b34255213f01bd.jpg640d401376ace_spidersyumyum.jpg.59159e9c410bbb0cfcab2c856f8b0fbe.jpgKhoshekh.jpg.84a1e4a6986e67df01ed797a85afe2eb.jpg640d40146521b_thefacelessoldwomanwholivesinyourhome.jpg.0f15190d909c40ac348caca8249fc3bd.jpgwtnv.jpg.9904e8ed5fbcfd45d051d6e5f211079a.jpghahehehajourbuk.jpg.6baf056b40b3228ddac01fc84c8e6b06.jpgahahahawtnv.jpg.2e829cb06b16b5a8cb38737f72bf718c.jpg

Tagging people who listen/are planning to listen:  @Robin Sedai @Aes Sedai @Morningtide @Witless of Shinovar

edit: nooo i forgot to vote for dana ;-; 

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

NOOOO AHHH I HATE HIM SO MUCH HE IS AN EVIL LITTLE MEAT MAN AND I HATE HIM AHHHHHH

I kind of have a thing about viscera and blood and ya know teeth n stuff so that might be coloring my dislike for him. But also for what reasons would you like him ;-; pls enlighten me i am so concerned ;-;

5 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

ALL HAIL

@Eluvianii, it might help to skip the first episode. I have a friend who was bored with it, but we made her skip the 1st episode and go from there and she then listened to the next 19 in one day. 

NOOO

@Eluvianii I love the first episode very much and it sets up a lot of things for the podcast....... but if you must skip it then you do that i suppose... but i love the first one ;-;-;-;-; maybe do it on double speed?

2 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Why not love Carlos and Dana instead of the evil meat man ;-;

That sounds like an argument supporting Kevin tbh.

And too late, I had already listened to episode 1 when you guys said that. Maybe for the third or fourth time as this isn't the first time I try to listen to this. I... don't see how skipping it would help. 

I did enjoy it more than last time I tried though, not sure what changed. Maybe Nowhere On Air softened me up for Night Vale's style. Either way, looking forward to whatever happens next. 

I started! I think i'm on episode 6 and I'm loving it! It's very funny but that might just be me I dunno. I have an odd sense of humor so *shrug* 

I love comfort characters who need therapy! Kaz Brekker, everyone in Stormlight, everyone in the Inheritance Games... They're great!

12 minutes ago, Cruciatus_heart said:

idk how you do that strikethrough thing 

but 

absolutely not, its impossible 

If you're on mobile you can't do it but if you're on a computer then there's a button that looks like an S with a line through it. It's in the top left corner near the bold and italics and things

It is truly impossible. He is the best of all time! 

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Nightvale is hilarious, that's why I love it, it's like higher level humor :P

hehehe Kaz....

Ok I'm glad it's not just me! I was a bit worried that i was missing the point. The humor comes off as rather like Monty Python I think. The complete deadpan ridiculousness that's done so straight that you wouldn't be able to tell if they were joking except for the fact that there is no way that they think this is normal :lol:

I'm so happy that Shadow and Bone did Kaz so well. I would have been really mad if they ruined him or casted him badly. But he's basically the same! I mean it's not perfect by any means, but it's really, really good. And Freddy Carter was born to play Kaz. Nails it completely.