Quick Fix 65: More Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

Good work elims, sorry village </3 

For the record, my first post commenting on the elim team size was genuine - I hadn't checked my GM PM before posting that xD The Alpha+bloodsealing+crab legs accusation idea C1 was me trying to bring attention to Ash+bloodseal without being explicit about it, and I would've made the Alpha accusation had the new C2 clue not completely disproven the crab legs bit. The Archer+stone+bloodseal mix-up was intentional and I was waiting on confirmation from Araris about what would happen if I made an invalid accusation like that, but then Mat helpfully chimed in and pointed out my 'mistake' so I couldn't make that accusation anymore :P Archer is not elim btw. And then lastly I almost made that Mat+Bands+Rotspren accusation just to divert attention away from me but at that point I figured it'd be more suspicious if I didn't follow through on the chasmfiend idea.

So you’re saying I messed it up twice :|

The other being when I didn’t guess the right thing before Stick did

Three times if you count when I was the Assassin

I wasn’t kidding when I said this wasn’t my type of game xD

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

So you’re saying I messed it up twice :|

The other being when I didn’t guess the right thing before Stick did

Three times if you count when I was the Assassin

I wasn’t kidding when I said this wasn’t my type of game xD

Nah, I think I should’ve just been more low key :P Should’ve brought out Toucan for this. 

Edited by _Stick_

Oh neat we didn't mix it up :P

29 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Good work elims, sorry village </3 

For the record, my first post commenting on the elim team size was genuine - I hadn't checked my GM PM before posting that xD The Alpha+bloodsealing+crab legs accusation idea C1 was me trying to bring attention to Ash+bloodseal without being explicit about it, and I would've made the Alpha accusation had the new C2 clue not completely disproven the crab legs bit. The Archer+stone+bloodseal mix-up was intentional and I was waiting on confirmation from Araris about what would happen if I made an invalid accusation like that, but then Mat helpfully chimed in and pointed out my 'mistake' so I couldn't make that accusation anymore :P Archer is not elim btw. And then lastly I almost made that Mat+Bands+Rotspren accusation just to divert attention away from me but at that point I figured it'd be more suspicious if I didn't follow through on the chasmfiend idea.

We kind of picked up on the Bloodseal thing, but we were also hoping the group was too hung up on whether or not Chasmfiend should have been accident or not.

Although honestly I didn't think Araris actually meant Skeletal for an Elderly so I was more confused :P

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Archer is not elim btw. 

I've never gotten to fake claim elim before, that was just trolling :D. 

Well played, elims. Guessing the person who got the right guess is apparently a foolproof strategy, so I commend you for not over thinking it. 

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

It's a pretty good environment to learn to be evil. Not much punishment for mistakes. Might even be good to since then people might guess you if you have similar clues to the assassin. 

I didn't have any elim suspects this game, so you've got that going for you. Might have been eyeing Alpha actually. But point is you did well at going unnoticed 

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Nah, I think I should’ve just been more low key :P Should’ve brought out Toucan for this. 

Yes and no. I'd argue the issue with this format is that the Village especially if unlucky with tiles (imagine if we'd gotten a Time of Day tile instead) can often make a lot of really wrong guesses requiring nudges from the Witness. The secondary Elim wincon isn't so much a boon for them as a check on how much the Witness is allowed to feed the Village.

Admittedly if they were going on an Accuser-is-the-Witness heuristic, it's possible to get burned, but given the last game, they were unlikely to not do it anyway. I would be sorry, but given my PoE was <Chasmfiend, Sandling, Nightmaw>, I wanted to hedge my bets against your being Evil and not burn my guess in case Chamsfiend was a scam, sorry not sorry :P 

Prompted by the Aracle, the SPF eventually concluded that AraRaash was guilty of killing the Ja, with Attic heading up the accusation. When the time came for AraRash's trial, however, Attic, who was the only claimed witness to the murder, was nowhere to be found. In the absence of his testimony and lacking further aid from the Aracle, who had gone strangely silent, AraRaash was released and the investigation was deemed inconclusive.

As he left the SPF headquarters for the day, Aurel Kourrakis continued to turn some thoughts in his head that refused to be ignored. Nobody had heard of this "Aracle" until around the time of the Ja's death. It was rather convenient that a being capable of replacing the Ja would appear in the exact moment when the Ja was killed, and that this position would grant it unquestioned authority in the forthcoming investigation. Had ArarRaash been convicted, chances were that nobody would have thought twice about whether their source was questionable. As it was, Aurel intended to pursue his doubts until they were laid to rest.

I want to thank everyone for playing! I had a lot of fun this game, and hope you all did as well. Congrats to @Ashbringer, @The Known Novel, @Fifth Scholar, @Telrao, and @xinoehp512 for winning round 2! Also a big thanks to @Devotary of Spontaneity for IMing for us. And though he's not around, another big thanks to @Herowannabe for creating the rules and the spreadsheet for us to use :).

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - A Witness - Co-conspirator
  2. @Amanuensis - Ara’AramanInvestigator
  3. @Kasimir - Aurel KourakisInvestigator
  4. @TheAlpha929 - Alpha - Investigator
  5. @Fifth Scholar - Athanasius - Co-conspirator
  6. @JNV - AjeniInvestigator
  7. @_Stick_ - Attic - Witness
  8. @Matrim's Dice - Assassin - Investigator
  9. @The Wandering Wizard - Aragorn - Investigator
  10. @Archer - Archer - Investigator
  11. @Ashbringer - AraRaashAssassin
  12. @Telrao - Allswell - Co-conspirator
  13. @StrikerEZ - Adodin - Investigator
  14. @|TJ| - AanalanInvestigator
  15. @Tani - Amoeba - Investigator
  16. @Sart - AesopInvestigator
  17. @xinoehp512 - Absolute Anarchy - Co-conspirator

Doc Links:

I just wanted to say that despite how little I was around for this game, it was a blast to watch and try and wrap my head around. I think a game like this would be even more fun in real life. 

Also, huge thank you to @Araris Valerian for running this game and @Devotary of Spontaneity for IMing!

I was literally just going guess it but didn't, I'd be dead but still >>

It was fun to be around for the second game, just forgot the early rollover time for the first one.

AraRaash got away with murder again :P

My brain finds this absurdly funny XD

Thanks for running @Araris Valerian and @Devotary of Spontaneity for running!