Quick Fix 65: More Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

If you've played this genre/type of game before, there are ways. I'll leave it at that as I don't like playing for that team :P 

I do think that for this particular game, picking an option that is very nearly the same as one of your CoCon's, then leaning into it hard to see who takes the bait. Unfortunately we didn't do that, but fortunately Stick made it easy for us.

1 minute ago, The Known Novel said:

I do think that for this particular game, picking an option that is very nearly the same as one of your CoCon's, then leaning into it hard to see who takes the bait. Unfortunately we didn't do that, but fortunately Stick made it easy for us.

My lawyer says I'm not allowed to say anything more :D 

Just now, The Known Novel said:

Sounds about right, when was the last time a lawyer wanted you to say anything other than "guilty," "not guilty," or "I plead the fifth?"

He says pleading the Fifth ain't a good idea right now. Something like Fifth bro wants to murder me which ain't real great for the SPF programme.

Edited to add:

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Well I wouldn't want to plead to the fifth in this situation :P

Tfw Wiz outs himself as my lawyer :( 

Edited by Kasimir

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

He says pleading the Fifth ain't a good idea right now. Something like Fifth bro wants to murder me which ain't real great for the SPF programme.

Edited to add:

Pleading to Fifth is a good idea. In fact, you should shoot him (a PM revealing that you're the witness).

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm glad you joined us! This game is pretty non-standard, hopefully I'll murderplay with you in a more normal game soon!

I feel like the actual criminal mastermind got away somehow...

I'm sure this won't haunt us or lead to a crime series in Silverlight or anything of that sort!

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm glad you joined us! This game is pretty non-standard, hopefully I'll murder play with you in a more normal game soon!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to murdering playing with y'all again :D 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

(Shameless plug:)

On the one hand, I want a break. On the other hand, I just finished Tress last night so I'm in a sailing mood...

On the third hand, I have a 50k writing project to finish that I feel decently good about...

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I need a semi-break and it's more funny to have the SA-X kill someone and take their place :P

ED1T: would make more sense as just the X parasite though...

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hmmmmmm *contemplation*

I'll sign up... but on weekends I probably won't be able to get on and cast a vote. That is the only issue - and that holidays are in three weeks, and I can't get online during then *cough*

Also... CAN I BE A PIRATE CAT???

Just now, Telrao said:

Hmmmmmm *contemplation*

I'll sign up... but on weekends I probably won't be able to get on and cast a vote. That is the only issue - and that holidays are in three weeks, and I can't get online during then *cough*

Also... CAN I BE A PIRATE CAT???

It should be over far before then with the player count as low as it is :P

12 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I only consumed him last week. Still getting used to his memories and replicating his knowledge.

I have a confession to make.

I was handling one of the new cases they handed me (SPF works on more than just this, you know, there's a major money laundering syndicate with a Roshar nexus these days) and saw a scandalous exchange of funds and traced through seven layers of shell companies to a bank in the Eelakin Homeisles of First of the Sun!

While there was a fake identity being employed, the identity was traced to a Cognitive ID purchased via a kiosk at the University in Silverlight. I then had to comb through the CCTV logs for that day (worst task ever) but I made a shocking discovery.

The killer may have been caught but he was but a knife! The hand that wielded the knife should not walk free!

According to Section 35 of the Silverlight Penal Code, I am Accusing the Aracle of Conspiracy and Incitation to Murder! And may the crows feast on the unjust!