Quick Fix 65: More Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Edit: Actually, I just won't say which Accusation went where. That way at most this could clear one person for one person.

Fair.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Here’s an idea: Don’t go inactive!

Would never disagree :D 

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not sure that there is a great way to deal with this situation. If you have an idea, I'm all ears.

Thinking aloud but not necessarily for this game in particular: complete RNG for who it goes to? Elims sitting on their guesses and completely refusing to use them or solve should be telling - Elim team sat back/sat deep last iteration. If they do produce a guess, it still generates information. It might be a bit anti-Village but given a Village win in all three iterations so far, not sure it's the worst fix?

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not sure that there is a great way to deal with this situation. If you have an idea, I'm all ears.

Do you need a filter for this game? 

In as Archer, not to be confused with Archer. 

23 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don’t think the elim team sitting back was indicative of the alignment, just the player. As I mentioned, I had wanted our guesses to be used as agents of confusion.

Not so much saying it's E!indicative, I should clarify. More saying that even if we say that's how the Elim team has an incentive to play, I'm not sure an Elim player ending up with an extra Accusation from a Villager is the worst Village outcome, all things considered.

The Ja was dead. Of course, his followers on Scadrial had believed him dead for many centuries by now, but this time he had truly been slain. The SPF rallied forth to solve the mystery of his death, aided by a mystical being known as the Aracle.

Cycle 0 has begun, and will end at 5PM EST on Tuesday the 20th! PMs are closed (and will never be open in this game).

I'll also note that I added an extra Co-conspirator this game, since all previous iterations of the game have resulted in village wins. Don't think that should sway the balance too much.

Right now the player list has been set and everyone has been randomly assigned their Methods and Evidences. The starting tiles have not been chosen yet, so you can disregard those for now. You can view all of this in the game's spreadsheet, or click on the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler
# Player Name Methods of Murder Pieces of Evidence    
1 The Known Novel Dakhor Ritual, Buried Alive, Shardblade, Rathbore Monk, Blackbane Leaf, White Clothing, Jam & Bread, Tonk, Ettmetal Cube, Book    
2 Amanuensis Dagger, Black Frayn, Nightblood, Deepwalker, Dehydration, Dakhor Bone, Cremlings, Water Vine, Sunglasses, Hemalurgic Earring    
3 Kasimir Tompher Poison, Rope, Highstorm, Meekers, Fire, Artifact, Trap Door, Fancy Dress, Medallion, Purple Blood Droplets    
4 TheAlpha929 Steelrunning, Cut-away vines, Bloodsealing, Hook, Poisonous Sting, Crab Legs, Fruit Juice, Picture of a Flower, Cigar Case, Aon Tia Plate    
5 Fifth Scholar Ettmetal Explosion, Aon Sheo (Death), Acid, Poisoned Needle, Aimian, Pot of Stew, Hoid’s flute, Ragged Cloak, Cracked Shalebark, Pet Monkey    
6 JNV Jeskeri Cult Ritual, Bow & Arrow, Soulcasting, Hammer, Toxic Fungus, Bright Green Hat, Tar-Lined Bag, Metal Flakes, Hog, Abstract Art    
7 _Stick_ Sandling, Drowning, Burned at the Stake, Grandbow, Explosion, Forged Painting, Chull Dung, White Sand, Half-Eaten Pancakes, Spanreed    
8 Matrim's Dice Cliff, Martial Arts, Mistwraith, The Bands of Mourning , Dueling Cane, Saddle Strap, Crem , Artisan’s Script, Rotspren, Moon Scepter    
9 The Wandering Wizard Firesnap Lizards, Coins, Sword, Backbreaker Powder, Pistol, Horneater Lager, Corroded Silver, Firemoss, Bullet Casings, Pet Lizard    
10 Archer Parshendi, Obsidian Axe, Silver Knife, Dreok's Axe, Stone, Claw Marks, God Beyond Shrine, Black Sphere, Tarachin Ball, Make Up    
11 Ashbringer Hemalurgic Spike, Koloss Blade, Enhanced Strength, Chasmfiend, Shardplate, Chouta, Portrait, Fashion Magazine, Bloodseal, Wine Bottle    
12 Telrao Venomous Bite, Lifeless Soldier, Hemalurgic Chimera, Deathants, Air-powered Crossbow, Tools, Aon Kii, Discarded Weapon, Forgery Seal, Soulcast Metal    
13 StrikerEZ Betrayal, Garotte, Poisoned Dart, Blood Loss, Lost Divine Breath, MaiPon Sticks, Mistcloak, Colorful Scarf, Empty Pouch, Lucky Hat    
14 |TJ| Surgebinding, Awakened Rope, Glass Dagger, Torture, Nightmaw, Red Flag, Aluminum Ingots, Death Rattle, Map, Hallandren Dyes    
15 Tani Booby Trap, Suffocation, Kandra Digestive Acids, Scarf, Duel, Scorch marks, Invitation, Child's Toy, Grey Patch, Words Inscribed in Steel    
16 Sart Whitespine, The Shaod, Fenweed Poison, Aon Daa (Power), Lashing, Religious Text, Hairpin, Safehand Glove, Shu-Korath Pendant, Lockpicks    
17 xinoehp512 Birchbane, Strangle, Aon Tia (Transportation), Atium, Essence Marks, RaiDel Pepper, Dust, Riddle, Vandalized Statue, Cracked Gemstone    

Feel free to chat and RP as you like while the Assassin makes their selections!

All roles are present in the game, and everyone should have received a PM from me with your alignment and role.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - A Witness
  2. @Amanuensis - Ara’Araman
  3. @Kasimir - Aurel Kourakis
  4. @TheAlpha929 - Alpha
  5. @Fifth Scholar - Athanasius
  6. @JNV - Ajeni
  7. @_Stick_ - Attic
  8. @Matrim's Dice - Assassin
  9. @The Wandering Wizard - Aragorn
  10. @Archer - Archer
  11. @Ashbringer - AraRaash
  12. @Telrao - Allswell
  13. @StrikerEZ - Adodin
  14. @|TJ| - Aanalan
  15. @Tani - Amoeba
  16. @Sart - Aesop
  17. @xinoehp512 - Absolute Anarchy
Edited by Araris Valerian

The Ja was dead.

Aurel Kourakis wasn't sure that was the sort of thing he'd wanted to hear at his first day at work. As far as he could tell, the Silverlight Police Force was milling about, officers and investigators gathering in the Situation Room. When he asked one of the other officers what was going on, the officer said, "You must be new here."

"Yes."

"The Ja is dead."

Aurel blinked. As far as he knew, the Ja was legendary: many of Silverlight's most successful investigations had been led by the Ja himself, and however he'd come by his various claims about the crime scene. Perhaps it was something to do with Fortune. Aurel wasn't very clear on the basics. Hell, Aurel wasn't very clear about most things, having come in without a proper Scene-of-Crime kit. They'd not said anything about reporting with one, after all.

"So, what do we do?" he asked, cautiously.

The officer rolled his eyes. "Find out who killed the Ja, of course."

Aurel could get on board with that. But how to do that without the Ja?

He must've voiced his thoughts aloud, because the Silverlight officer sighed and said, "We have a backup. Calls himself the Aracle. Look, just report to the Situation Room and wait. Bring something to take notes. The Aracle will communicate with us in about twenty-four hours."

"And we're just going...to sit there for twenty-four hours?"

"You have something better to do, rookie?"

Admittedly, he didn't.

Still, he bought a cup noodles from a nearby vending machine. At least he was going to get something to eat while he waited.

The Ja... was dead?

What- how?

Allswell shook his head and studied a large crate. He picked up a jar from the crate and shook it, eyebrow raised. "Deathants? Really?" He rolled his eyes and carefully set it back in the crate.

He stood and brushed off his pants, running a hand through his messy blonde hair. If anything, this case is going to be quite interesting...

Aragorn woke up in another dark alley.

The dead littered around him, their corpses frozen in twisted agony. Aragorn savored on it as he walked through the alley. They we not the first nor the last group of people to try to take his sword by feeding him horneater drinks. It was the only thing that allowed him to sleep, to drown out the damnation of the dead. To drown out her calling. 

Chasms how long had it been since the betrayal? Years? Months? Centuries? Could it even be milenium? 

Aragorn didn't know anymore, and a quiet voice interupted his thoughts.

You're late, they managed to call reinforcements this time.

Aragon chuckled softly, don't tell me you didn't enjoy it.

Well...yes I did, admitted the voice. If your still looking for me I'm under this pile to your left.

No need, I can just follow the trail. You always leave one.

Ah yes, the trail, bitterly spoke the prescence, always leading me back to you.

Stooping down, Aragorn shoved of the petrified people, feeling their energy lingering in the air. It had the familiar sensation of having been ripped from them, being drawn towards the hidden sword. Reaching through the frozen people, Aragorn pulled the sword out of the grasp of a horrific creature. It was made of an organic material, one Aragorn had never before seen in all his years. It was a lighter green with hidden veins of a darker green, and strange spurs jutted out of the hilt and the sword. But it had served him well, never had another been able to successfully weild the blade. It had drained each one who tried, causing rapid mutations, seemingly making them the perfect vesel for the sword. Yet...yet they became seemingly autonomous beings of destruction, draining themselves and all around them in a rapid burst of destruction. 

It was his duty, a duty he had long abandoned. Instead he let fools take the sword and destroy themselves. 

Why, whispered a voice from his past, why must you do this?

He heard his words, years ago, because they will cleanse themselves and we will be free, finally.

He shut his eyes against the tears that came. Slowly they dripped downwards and he huddled in the alley, voices wracking the sorry excuse he had for a soul.

A piece of me is missing.

The Assassin stared blankly, feeling numb. Of course, he always did. He had to, in this business. But this time something was different.

The Ja is dead.

Praise the Ja.

[OOC: I got the Bands :0]