Fullborn V.S. 5th Ideal Windrunners

Wits instant noodles

Fullborn V.S. 5th Ideal Windrunners  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a Fullborn or a 5th ideal Windrunner

On 27/03/2023 at 4:35 AM, Frustration said:

I was just thinking the other day, we've been using pressure manipulation to create vacuums, but what if we raised the pressure instead, creating walls of air around the Fullborn.

Would possibly work, Kaladin was able to create enough of a pressure wall to create pocket in Highstorm (if that was indeed pressure manipulation), so Windrunner can create or negate Hurricane level winds/pressure.

Sidenote: F-Steel apparently breaks conservation of energy, so possibly Steel compounder running very fast does not have actually kinetic energy of moving that fast (https://wob.coppermind.net/events/361/#e11357). This means that Steel alone won't let Ferring/Compounder hit any harder, nor can they throw things at super speeds for massive attack.
It also explains why Bleeder was not constantly breaking things by interacting with them at huge speeds (and making them move at those speeds).

2 hours ago, therunner said:

Sidenote: F-Steel apparently breaks conservation of energy, so possibly Steel compounder running very fast does not have actually kinetic energy of moving that fast (https://wob.coppermind.net/events/361/#e11357). This means that Steel alone won't let Ferring/Compounder hit any harder, nor can they throw things at super speeds for massive attack.
It also explains why Bleeder was not constantly breaking things by interacting with them at huge speeds (and making them move at those speeds).

What about Marasi in BoM when she creates a sonic boom?

I suppose that could merely relate to air pressure though, and we know that Feruchemical speed doesn't reduce one's interaction with friction from air resistance, so I guess that could explain it; even if your punches don't get tons of extra power, some side-effects of moving fast would still be present.

3 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

What about Marasi in BoM when she creates a sonic boom?

I suppose that could merely relate to air pressure though, and we know that Feruchemical speed doesn't reduce one's interaction with friction from air resistance, so I guess that could explain it; even if your punches don't get tons of extra power, some side-effects of moving fast would still be present.

Yeah, that is a bit of an issue.

Honestly, I think some of it comes down to 'reader expectations', and that Brandon is still fine tuning what exactly are the properties and limits of individual Metallic arts powers (see the partial inconsistencies between Era 1 and Era 2, or how his answers on possibility of burning Hemalurgic spikes changed over time).

1 minute ago, therunner said:

Honestly, I think some of it comes down to 'reader expectations', and that Brandon is still fine tuning what exactly are the properties and limits of individual Metallic arts powers (see the partial inconsistencies between Era 1 and Era 2, or how his answers on possibility of burning Hemalurgic spikes changed over time).

Or really all of F-iron, though let's not go back down that rabbit hole.

1 minute ago, therunner said:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons it can be so hard to accurately predict what can be done in the Cosmere; some things just won't make sense until they are written out in a book.

Just now, Trusk'our said:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons it can be so hard to accurately predict what can be done in the Cosmere; some things just won't make sense until they are written out in a book.

Yep exactly.
Which both makes all this theory-crafting /vs. battles so fun, but also so frustrating.
A lot of the powers are so vaguely defined, that they can be argued to do almost anything, or nothing at the same time, and neither side has much of a case :D

Just now, therunner said:

Yep exactly.
Which both makes all this theory-crafting /vs. battles so fun, but also so frustrating.
A lot of the powers are so vaguely defined, that they can be argued to do almost anything, or nothing at the same time, and neither side has much of a case :D

Said like a true member of the 17th Shard! :)