I actually dont know what or why it happened

Elf

Hello! 

So today, I went to edit a topic which I had posted 

I did my edits and was about to post it but 

I noticed in the "upload image" tab there was a very...obscene image which certainly had not come from my computer 

Thankfully since i noticed it i was able to remove it 

But the mods may wanna check this out since someone else might not notice while editing if this happens again, and also i know there are as young as 13 year olds on this site

Edited by Elf

@Elf I'll try to figure out what is going wrong here. Could you help me understand what exactly happened? So you went to edit a post and there was an unexpected image in the "Uploaded images" section under the post?

Did the post have an image beforehand or was it just plain text? It'd also be great if you could name the browser and operating system you observed this on.

Yes, exactly! That's what happened 

There were no images in the post before; it the post about happy places i made in general discussion 

Im using Windows 11 in Chrome on a HP laptop

This did occur with me once, some time ago, when I was posting a topic in the Forum Games and Random Stuff subforum.

I don't really remember what the image was, but it wasn't as bad as what Elf saw.

I didn't notice it in my "upload image" space until after I posted, in which the image just appeared on the post. I edited the post and deleted the image.

It was weird, but I thought it had something to do with the spambots...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello I had this happen again. I went to edit a topic and in the "uploaded image" tab there was a picture of a large red button with the words "Apply Now" in white font on the button