image.png

image.png

image.png?width=699&height=676

>>>

LG92: Process of Elimination

SE is a simple game.

Well, if it’s an LG anyway. Twenty-plus players chase a bunch of red herrings for two weeks or so, and at the end, the Eliminators always win.

All good fun.

‘Course, it becomes a lot less funny when SE players themselves are getting replaced, and not by pinch-hitters. 

Call them ‘Eliminators’, I guess. That’s close enough, yeah? Maybe they’re just bots. Maybe they’re some sort of eldritch drek. Hell if I know.

SE is a simple game.

But sometimes, the game plays you.

>>>

General Rules:

Spoiler

1. This game is a blackout LG, with 48 hour Days and 24 hour Nights. Unless you are told otherwise, PMs are closed.

2. Voting is to be done in the thread. There is no minimum vote threshold for removals to take place. Ties will result in RNGesus deciding who gets removed. Please colour-code your removal votes as follows: Wyrmhero [red and bold]. Retract your removal votes as follows: Wyrmhero [green and bold]. Please do not edit in your votes; a double post is acceptable under these circumstances.

3. The E̸̯͈͓̬̼͋́̌l̷̟͖̬͐ī̶͇̗͖̤͒͌͠m̶̢̩͈͕͛͐̍͝ì̷̡̝̖̬̺n̵̛̞̖͔̊̀̉̏á̷̛̤̖̣̱̺̈̾t̴͕̝̾́͌̀͝ͅȯ̵͚̌̏̉͊ṛ̴̜͖̽̎̉s̷͇͙͋̓ know who each other are, and will have access to a faction doc to coordinate. Every Night, they may use a DDoS attack to disrupt a player’s connection to the subforum, effectively kicking them out.

4. Write-ups will be minimally informative. At this point, the only thing the write-up will announce accurately are the identities of the eliminated. Otherwise, the write-up should not be regarded as an accurate guide to what actually happened. We intend to take full creative liberties and will not be held responsible for any confusion, false assumptions, or damages resulting from treating the write-up like the Holy Word of Wyrm. There may be threadbrawls.

5. There will be an inactivity filter in this game. Players who do not post for two cycles in a row, and do not communicate with the GMs or request for a pinch-hitter will decline to participate in what is clearly kasyana and drop out of the thread.

6. Please @ us for clarificatory questions in thread, and bold them so we will pick them out. For clarificatory questions in PM and doc, please bold them. While we will do our best to get to all questions in a timely manner, our priority will be to address rule clarifications asked in the stipulated manner. (This also guarantees we won’t derp and miss them.)

7. Please do not sign up using the name of an existing player. This is to avoid confusion. If you want to sign up as yourself, that’s fine.

>>>

Win Conditions:

Spoiler
  • The SE Players win when they remove or otherwise eliminate all the E̸̯͈͓̬̼͋́̌l̷̟͖̬͐ī̶͇̗͖̤͒͌͠m̶̢̩͈͕͛͐̍͝ì̷̡̝̖̬̺n̵̛̞̖͔̊̀̉̏á̷̛̤̖̣̱̺̈̾t̴͕̝̾́͌̀͝ͅȯ̵͚̌̏̉͊ṛ̴̜͖̽̎̉s̷͇͙͋̓.

• The E̸̯͈͓̬̼͋́̌l̷̟͖̬͐ī̶͇̗͖̤͒͌͠m̶̢̩͈͕͛͐̍͝ì̷̡̝̖̬̺n̵̛̞̖͔̊̀̉̏á̷̛̤̖̣̱̺̈̾t̴͕̝̾́͌̀͝ͅȯ̵͚̌̏̉͊ṛ̴̜͖̽̎̉s̷͇͙͋̓ win when they outnumber the SE Players. (Note that they may also win by removing Kasimir or Fifth Scholar at parity.)

>>>

Quick Links:

>>>

Sign-ups are open now and will close on Friday, 27th January 2022, at 1100hrs SGT (GMT +8) / 10PM EST. Rollovers will take place at the same time. My co-GM is @Fifth Scholar, while the IM for the game is @Elandera.

Players are reminded that this game is a blackout, flipless game. Whilst we have done our best to ensure a balanced and fun experience, it is possible you may also find the game intensely frustrating. Please seriously consider if you can handle such a game format before signing up, in order to avoid disappointment.

Please also be reminded to desist from posting in the thread until we can reserve the next post. We will always do so in order to collect both the current player list and the most recent set of rule clarifications for easy access.

Edited by Elandera

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler

Let's be real. This is a blackout. You're probably getting PAFOed to hell as the game hasn't even started.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Ashbringer as Ash the Amateur, a RPing college student
2. @The Wandering Wizard as Emma, twin of Wiz, corruptor of all, avatar of the Kaos.

3. @Steeldancer as Steel
4. @Channelknight Fadran as Fadran the Guy From the Fellowship of the Thing Who Has Never Done This Before.
5. @StrikerEZ as Kjell, an overworked, stressed out man who really needs a break

6. @xinoehp512 as xinoehp513, a newbie to the forum that is very puzzled that his name was already taken.
7. @JNV as JNV
8. @Matrim's Dice as Matrim's Dice
9. @Biplet as Biplet
10. @Araris Valerian as Metalcognition, definitely not an imposter of the founder of SE.
11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Cecelia, Devona, and Saponin
12. @Amanuensis as Adavantos
13. @The Known Novel as TKN (The Known (and Totally Kool) Novel)
14. @The Bookwyrm as Bookwyrm, the SE deprived Sharder who's doing this even though it might be a bad idea.
15. @Tani as Mehelin, a random bystander who isn't Randby.
16. @Archer as Archer, a player that's hellbent on PM spidering.
17. @Walin as Walin, the consistently befuddled and absent SE-er 
18. @|TJ| as mad watcher
19. @dannnnnex
20. @_Stick_ as Lao Tai Tai U_U
21. @Orlok Tsubodai as Orlok (he's Orlok right? I think?)
22. @Random Bystander as Random Bystander
23. @Sart as Sart
24. @Shining Silhouette as Silho, bootleg King's Wit
25. @The last Fae in the Woods as The last Fae in the Woods

Spectator List:

Spoiler

1. @Haelbarde - The Sane One
2. @A Joe in the Bush - The Founder
3. @Cinnamon - The Wise One
4. @Mist - The Sudden One

Edited by Kasimir

Wizard's list

Spoiler

1. Blackout = good

2. Flipless = bad

3. Kas game = good

4. Fun character = good

5. Been debating for a while = good

As the bads outnumber the goods, I'll have to sign up :P

Sign me up as Wizard, an odd fellow who is occasionally replaced by his twin, Emma. Who is possessed by a dark entity who I shall not bore you with it's name. And Wizard, wellllllll he made a deal with a tiger and now is one.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

What's a blackout flipless game?

No roles are ever known, no allignments are ever provided when people die. 

Hello potential players! I would also like to chime in really quickly about this game. While it is guaranteed to be entertaining, the blackout, flipless nature has the potential to be very frustrating.

Please consider if you will have time and energy to handle it before signing up.

I now have conclusive evidence that I hate myself. 
First off, I have school, though its been easier than I expected so far. 
Second, this game sounds like absolute pain. I want nothing to do with it. 
Third, I was literally told not to play. 

Signing up as Steel. Goodness gracious I hope I die early for my own sake. 
Edit: Just to be clear I wouldn't be signing up if I didn't have some intention of actually trying to play. Otherwise I would follow my more logical instincts and not sign up. But, I also have a bit of a saying. And that's that no matter how horrible something is, if it's horrible enough, it'll make a good story. 

Edited by Steeldancer

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Hi, useless Fadran here.

What's a blackout flipless game?

Blackout means that there are rules you don't know about. Notice, for instance, that the rules posted say nothing about roles (if there are any; I can neither confirm nor deny that there are roles in this game at all.) By design, you are intended to uncover more about the rules and the game as you play. I will be extremely stingy about how much I respond to player questions at the start, but will be more forthcoming as players interact with different aspects of the game and find out things.

Flipless means that all you know will be who got removed/eliminated. I will not tell you their role or alignment.

Edited by Kasimir

20 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

7. Please do not sign up using the name of an existing player. This is to avoid confusion. If you want to sign up as yourself, that’s fine.

Got it.

Anyway, signing up as Kasimir, an overworked, stressed out man who really needs a break and is totally not playing his own game that he’s running.

Hey, you only said I couldn’t use the name of an existing player, not a GM ;)

(I’ll use a different name if this is bending the rules too much)

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Got it.

Anyway, signing up as Kasimir, an overworked, stressed out man who really needs a break and is totally not playing his own game that he’s running.

Hey, you only said I couldn’t use the name of an existing player, not a GM ;)

(I’ll use a different name if this is bending the rules too much)

As I'm actually featuring in this game (notice I'm a potential Elim wincon), I'd strongly request you pick something else. Also not Fifth for this reason :P 

I actually remember seeing this idea for a game being kicked around back in the day, so I'm kind of excited to see it actually happen. Plus, anyone who knows me knows I find the idea of replacing people in accounts and stupid things like that to be supremely entertaining, though I doubt anything that complex will happen in this game.

Just now, Kasimir said:

As I'm actually featuring in this game (notice I'm a potential Elim wincon), I'd strongly request you pick something else. Also not Fifth for this reason :P 

You know, I noticed that just after I posted. Okay, time to do a new sign up:

Signing up as Kjell, an overworked, stressed out man who really needs a break and is totally not playing his own game that he’s running.

Honestly the most fun part of the game might end up being chilling in the dead doc but sign me up um I guess I can just be me but not really sure how RP would work I guess Ill just talk like I do and hope for the best like hoping I dont go mad from flipless blackout thats always fun 

Sees a Kas game, is interested in playing.

Reads the rules.

39 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Players are reminded that this game is a blackout, flipless game. Whilst we have done our best to ensure a balanced and fun experience, it is possible you may also find the game intensely frustrating. Please seriously consider if you can handle such a game format before signing up, in order to avoid disappointment.

Just look away, look away
There's nothing but horror and inconvenience on the way
Ask any stable person, "Should I [play]?", and they will say
"Look away, look away, look away"

Maybe I'll be a spectre. 

Spoiler

It's hard to fathom how the [SEers] manage to live through it
Or how a decent person like yourself would even want to view it

:eyes:

2 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

It's called reverse psychology, Kas. The more you tell us how bad it is for us, the more we want to do it :P

Speaking as honestly as I can without giving away game mechanics/tricks:

I'm aware that's a possibility, but that being said, MR56 was a fun game, but also very frustrating for players during the blackout/flipless aspect of it. Ideally the main reason the GMs and the IMs have agreed to publicly and strongly discourage playing is we want to manage expectations, to avoid a second MR56, e.g. via mechanics players are not prepared for.

Just now, Kasimir said:

I'm aware that's a possibility, but that being said, MR56 was a fun game, but also very frustrating for players during the blackout/flipless aspect of it. Ideally the main reason the GMs and the IMs have agreed to publicly and strongly discourage playing is we want to manage expectations, to avoid a second MR56, e.g. via mechanics players are not prepared for.

So your saying there's a form of PM spying in it :eyes: