Hemalurgic Bullets

Elder

52 minutes ago, alder24 said:

Right? It's weird. The only way I see it working, is similar to copperminds - you store it once, and your identity is gone, for some time you have no identity but you slowly start to develop a new one - which you can store again. But identity isn't like that, it's more like a key, token, encryption key that allows you to access investiture that has the same encryption key as you have. 

Hide contents

Paleo

Then we also talked about, theorized about unkeyed metalminds - that is Identity-less ones that anybody can that has the power can tap.

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah.

Paleo

We also were wondering is it like, we compared it to cryptography and encryption, stuff like that. Is it just that like, your Identity is sort of this unique encryption key.

Brandon Sanderson

And you need a key to you getting it. That's a valid line of theorizing. It is not exactly but it's close enough to be a good model.

Paleo

And would an unkeyed metalmind theoretically be capable of storing a little more than a keyed one.

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, because of yeah.

Paleo

Because it has to... Is it inherent to the Investiture or is it like an extra bit?

Brandon Sanderson

I'll RAFO that, mostly because I haven't considered that yet.

Prague Signing (Oct. 26, 2019)

Ok, that gives me a weird thought: maybe you could make a super-keyed metal mind that you could only use while tapping aluminum.  Which sounds weird to point of paranoia.  Maybe a crazy Feruchemist who doesn’t trust himself unless he’s even more himself than ever……..

yeah.  Just thinking about that makes my head hurt.