The Lords of Chaos

:D so if I joined, I could technically be the Snow Queen of Newcago?

(I'm not really sure how the Oregon RP works)

All it takes to join is to create a character that could fit in the universe of Steelheart, and then move said character into Oregon. So you could definitely create an ice-controlling Epic from Newcago who decided to move to Oregon.

If you're actually interested in joining, I'd recommend checking out these two short guideline pages:

And then just leave a message on the Question thread. Everyone's welcome, and our playerbase is very good with helping newcomers learn how to play. :)

All it takes to join is to create a character that could fit in the universe of Steelheart, and then move said character into Oregon. So you could definitely create an ice-controlling Epic from Newcago who decided to move to Oregon.

If you're actually interested in joining, I'd recommend checking out these two short guideline pages:

And then just leave a message on the Question thread. Everyone's welcome, and our playerbase is very good with helping newcomers learn how to play. :)
Awesome. :) I'll try join later today :)

Also, where is the thread where it is in?

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

I totally want to see that :D

And Joe, I don't think it's possible to change the title without an admin so I'll technically name it the Lords of Elsa.

The person who posted the very first post in a topic can change the name.

In the Reckoner's RPG sub forum of the Role-Playing forum.

There are two threads where the story itself unfolds--What Happened in Portland and What Happened in The Dalles, both set in different Oregon cities. The Dalles is where new players are encouraged to start off, and is currently the scene of a massive invasion of talking pandas created by a flesh-controlling Epic.

Question 5 is where planning for the game, jokes, and ponified characters take place. 

See you there! :)

What does canon mean?

I think I'm going to make the profile now :)

Canon refers to knowledge or lore accepted as genuine within the bounds of a certain fictional universe or belief system. For instance, the short story Mitosis is considered canon within the Steelheart universe, as the events of the story are accepted by the author to have taken place in the same setting. The Book of Luke is considered canon in terms of church belief, as all Christians accept it as part of the Gospel and thus part of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

In the context of Seonid's comment, the scene in which Ari meets the Snow Queen is currently non-canon, as the scene is specified to occur outside the narrative of the Oregon role-playing game. But if the Snow Queen genuinely became a character, the scene would become possible within the setting's rules and boundaries.

Hope that helps. And I look forward to seeing your character profile. :)

Canon refers to knowledge or lore accepted as genuine within the bounds of a certain fictional universe or belief system. For instance, the short story Mitosis is considered canon within the Steelheart universe, as the events of the story are accepted by the author to have taken place in the same setting. The Book of Luke is considered canon in terms of church belief, as all Christians accept it as part of the Gospel and thus part of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

In the context of Seonid's comment, the scene in which Ari meets the Snow Queen is currently non-canon, as the scene is specified to occur outside the narrative of the Oregon role-playing game. But if the Snow Queen genuinely became a character, the scene would become possible within the setting's rules and boundaries.

Hope that helps. And I look forward to seeing your character profile. :)

Oh thank you :). I just posted my profile, so I can't wait to start :)

One more thing, do I just enter in one of the threads?

Oh thank you :). I just posted my profile, so I can't wait to start :)

One more thing, do I just enter in one of the threads?

Introduce yourself on the Question thread first, and PM TwiLyghtSansSparkles your character's Epic weakness. You'll be given advice on where to introduce your character from there. :)

Alright, if you can change the threads title to Lords of Elsa, then you can rule.

Joe, I don't think it's possible to change the title without an admin so I'll technically name it the Lords of Elsa.

The person who posted the very first post in a topic can change the name.

I believe this is precisely what Joe was getting at. Elsa cannot change the title and we all know that Chaos, the creator of this guild, will not do so either. Hence, Elsa is not the ruler here. We, the true Lords (and Ladies) of Chaos, know this to be fact. 

We need no RP to make our presence known or be about our duty. In fact, Chaos himself--who is still the true ruler--decreed that RP such as these blasphemous Newcagoans get up to in their palace shall not dirty our souls, minds, or fingers. Our business is clear. We create chaos. We are simply biding our time, waiting for you to become complacent, and then.....we shall strike. If you want to pay our rent in the meantime, go right ahead. But make no mistake, the person who pays the rent does not truly own the property or guild they are renting. To believe you do is to believe a falsity. The Observers Guild may claim that since they are collecting the rent that they truly own this place. However, they are sorely mistaken as well. You see, what they do not know is even now, the Dread Lord Chaos watches this realm. He knows all. He sees all. The Observers, if they looked closely at their strongboxes, would realize that they are penniless because everything they thought they owned belongs to Chaos.

Chaos comes for us all in due time, children. Make your peace with him before he comes for you.

Darth Wilsonus, the Harbinger of Betrayal, declares Aonar's RP to be in keeping with the dictates of the Lords of Chaos, as it advocates chaos, and chaos is pleasing to the eye. Welcome to the fold.

In light of the fact that you guys exploded my email(for some reason I followed this topic....), I have to jump in for a moment and ask when did the Observers start doing things other than observing? I must say that I do not think I can be a part of a guild that does not just observe(and the RP stuff confuses me to no end) and I may have to leave.

Also, woooo Chaos is back! I was wondering when you would step in and put a stop to all the rent-paying nonsense and whatever else was going on here.

I find quotes for evidence are even more powerful with statements like the above. Hence, I'm helping you out, EricDread Lord and Emperor Chaos.

Looking at the Newcago Court's recent incredible dorkiness, I say we not RP in this thread. That's just... too time consuming. I want us to relax and bask in our power here.

As you can see, Joe, this has been the case since near the beginning. You may be the Champion of Discord, but one should really pay attention to the decrees of one's Emperor. ;)