Titles and Blades

Quiver

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Blade of the Immortal (actually the title of the comic but pretty cool name for a sword) and the name of one of the protagonist’s weapons (when translated) is Sister Defender, which I think is pretty amazing. 

Tessaiga (translated Iron-Crushing Fang)

Tenseiga (Heavenly Rebirth Fang)

Also always thought Ghanima, the character from Dune, would be a cool sword/weapon name since, if I remember right, means spoil of war. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2014 at 0:04 AM, David Coppercloud said:

I know it isn't fantasy and it isn't a named blade, or even a blade.

But it is totally badass: the Lightsaber

So...orphan farm kid meets an old dude in a cave, gets a sword, and goes off to save the princess from the guy in a black helmet?

No, no fantasy to see here. Move along.

• 4 weeks later...

The Magnus Chase series took this to a whole new level. The Dwarves there name everything they craft.  Every. Single. Item.  Each one is entirely unique, often has unnecessary features (like a beer mug named "Boom-Daddy" that would explode if you ever let it get completely empty), and it's considered impolite to use something without first asking its name and history.  So you walk into a bar and must ask the bartender for the Name of the stool before you sit down, and you get things like "Rear-Rester" or "Keister-Home, Famed among Barstools, it survived the Great Bar Fight of 4109am!".  There was even an old dude with a walker named "Granny Shuffler"...it had rocket launchers.