Where did the Dawnsingers come from?

The_Milkgod

Kinda confuses me cause on  

Spoiler

Scadrial we know the shards there created humanity on that planet

so did Honor and Cultivation create the Dawnsingers or did they naturally develop? I tried looking it up but couldn’t find a thread that even asked that. Do we even know?

Edited by The_Milkgod
Spoiler

8 minutes ago, The_Milkgod said:

Interesting. Is that stated in any of the books (been a minute since I read them) or Dawnshard? 

Frost's letter to Hoid

The worlds you now tread bear the touch and design of Adonalsium.

It does require some speculation on what exactly that means. I think Zahel's conversation with Kaladin in RoW also states or at least implies Roshar being one of the older planets in the cosmere.

2 minutes ago, lacrossedeamon said:

Frost's letter to Hoid

It does require some speculation on what exactly that means. I think Zahel's conversation with Kaladin in RoW also states or at least implies Roshar being one of the older planets in the cosmere.

I’ll have to re-read that soon. Where can that letter be found?

We know that Adonalsium created the Rosharan system before the shattering, and thus all life on it, though the planet and system have become heavily influenced by Honor, Cultivation, and Odium by the present time. So it would make sense that the Dawnsingers developed on Roshar in the same way humans developed on Yolen. 

Scadrial is a special case because it was created directly by Ruin and Preservation, and was based physically and biologically on Yolen.

9 hours ago, The_Milkgod said:
Spoiler

Kinda confuses me cause on Scadrial we know shards there created humanity on that planet, 

so did Honor and Cultivation create the Dawnsingers or did they naturally develop? I tried looking it up but couldn’t find a thread that even asked that. Do we even know?

From the Coppermind and WoB:

Spoiler

On Roshar, Honor and Cultivation became the gods of the singers, a native Rosharan species.

Lance Alvein

Did Cultivation come to Roshar with Honor, or was she already on Roshar when Honor arrived?

Brandon Sanderson

Good question. They came together.

(I don’t know if that should be marked as a spoiler)

It should.

Easiest way to remember for long-established books is in a Subforum - all unrelated items are tagged (this is Stormlight Archive, so any reference off-Roshar gets a tag).