Connection between Alethi style of war and Parshendi

lacrossedeamon

I just noticed that the Parshendi conducting military operation in their warpairs is vaguely similar to how the Alethi family unit operates during war. I wonder if there is a common cultural or societal ancestor to the phenomena with the Alethi diverging as the separate spheres ideology was pushed to the extreme. Or maybe I’m just making connection where none was intended.

3 hours ago, lacrossedeamon said:

I just noticed that the Parshendi conducting military operation in their warpairs is vaguely similar to how the Alethi family unit operates during war. I wonder if there is a common cultural or societal ancestor to the phenomena with the Alethi diverging as the separate spheres ideology was pushed to the extreme. Or maybe I’m just making connection where none was intended.

To clarify, and make sure I understand your point correctly:

Are you asking if there is a connection between the Parshendi War-Pairs fighting together and the Alethi Offer's Spouses going on-campaign to Scribe for their husbands?

If so, I wouldn't rule it out - but I would be more inclined to take the War Pairs as a sign that gender is not as important as form. If you have adopted Warform, you fight. If you have a once-mate - you fight together. Similarly, Demid (Venli's once-mate) researched with her in Nimbleform. 

8 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

To clarify, and make sure I understand your point correctly:

Are you asking if there is a connection between the Parshendi War-Pairs fighting together and the Alethi Offer's Spouses going on-campaign to Scribe for their husbands?

If so, I wouldn't rule it out - but I would be more inclined to take the War Pairs as a sign that gender is not as important as form. If you have adopted Warform, you fight. If you have a once-mate - you fight together. Similarly, Demid (Venli's once-mate) researched with her in Nimbleform. 

That is the connection I am making. That possibly the Alethi used to fight the same way but as their views on genders changed it evolved to what we see now but still having this it being a spousal endeavor theme. Obviously there isn’t enough evidence either way, just a shower thought.

Edited by lacrossedeamon