aethers changed?

bmcclure7

Was the  Listening to shard cast,  They seem to think that the entire aether's system is getting a rework and that entire aethers will be removed,  Yet I see nothing to suggest this. 

Brandon Sanderson himself has said that the system Is one of the few things that work in the modern cosmere. More importantly I don't see how Any of the Aethers wouldn't fit in the modern cosmere. 

What are your guys's thoughts. 

Brandon has said that not all Aethers made the cut

Spoiler

Questioner

Are there still six different types of Aethers in current canon? Or has that changed?

Brandon Sanderson

They have expanded. I’m using the Aethers behind the scenes for a lot of space age things. And because I’m doing that, I am adding in a few more Aethers. There’s going to be some limits on this. I’m tweaking which Aethers I’m actually making, ‘cause some of them didn’t work as well as other ones.

There will end up being more, but I won’t canonize the number until I have the Aether book ready to release.

Waterstones RoW Release Event (Nov. 18, 2020)

Personally I think Beastarian never fit the system, I'm fully convinced it's gone or reworked entirely, and glad for it.

22 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Personally I think Beastarian never fit the system, I'm fully convinced it's gone or reworked entirely, and glad for it.

I'd agree that it felt like it never truly fit, but I'm hoping for a rework, because I really like the base idea of it and would love for it to still be canon.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Hide contents

Questioner

Are there still six different types of Aethers in current canon? Or has that changed?

Brandon Sanderson

They have expanded. I’m using the Aethers behind the scenes for a lot of space age things. And because I’m doing that, I am adding in a few more Aethers. There’s going to be some limits on this. I’m tweaking which Aethers I’m actually making, ‘cause some of them didn’t work as well as other ones.

There will end up being more, but I won’t canonize the number until I have the Aether book ready to release.

To be fair he said tweaked,  Not redo entirely. And rosite is still in as is midnight. 

48 minutes ago, lacrossedeamon said:

Ferrous also seems like it will be reworked. I assume it will just generate metal instead of turn its user into a corpate. Bestarin will probably still exist since I assume the pairing will still be going on between Aethers but I assume that one will also be tweaked, possibly even grosser now.

I wonder if this could be another sign of connection to the essences?

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Reveal hidden contents

Questioner

Brandon Sanderson

Oh I really hope not Beastarian  It is really cool and unique, i Don't think it needs to be reworked.