I voted TJ pretty sure.

Also Aman, yeah I thought you’d said it was UPS’s idea. Although as noted before, e!Mat e!Steel is convinient for me readswise, so I may have just been co-opting Tunnel Constructor…

I do have a second role, but I can’t Visit anyone at all.

4 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I voted TJ pretty sure.

Also Aman, yeah I thought you’d said it was UPS’s idea. Although as noted before, e!Mat e!Steel is convinient for me readswise, so I may have just been co-opting Tunnel Constructor…

I do have a second role, but I can’t Visit anyone at all.

Whoops. Sorry about that.

Accurate current vote count:

Biplet (3): Amanuensis, Matrim's Dice, Araris Valerian
Archer (2): Shining Silhouette, |TJ|
|TJ| (2): DrakeMarshall, Ashbringer
Steeldancer (1): Archer

13 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I think I'm cool with voting Biplet out. Like I said before, I'm leaning village on Archer. Shining is still on my radar as someone that escaped multiple exes and someone I'd consider voting today as well.

Edit:

That's kinda the flavor of the role :P

Biplet claiming the same role as you (Meme Maker) doesn't give you pause? Do you think that role fits on an elim team (maybe Bip has a second role that's more useful?) or that a PM Spider uncovered your role's name?

Also, @Biplet, care to vote?

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Biplet claiming the same role as you (Meme Maker) doesn't give you pause? Do you think that role fits on an elim team (maybe Bip has a second role that's more useful?) or that a PM Spider uncovered your role's name?

That' a good point. Since the invisible effects of Trolling tend to be alignment related, memeing folks wouldn't be super useful for the elims, unless I'm missing something. However, any role the elims start with is a role they know the village can have, and thus has some utility in that regard. Your other suggestion is a possibility as well, and perhaps likely, since the elims might want to know what my other role does that is useful.

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

I think I know who to scan. Verifying Mat a second time could prove both him and UPS as Village.

Mat could have the "Confirmed Villager" role but yes it would clear UPS. 

25 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

You're not covering for TJ on N3, no. But you saw him RB Mat N2, right? Are you sure you didn't see him RB Mat N1? Because I've been RB'd N2 and N3 now. If you vouch that he didn't RB me N2 then he can't be the e!Roleblocker. You only cover his N3 action by his claim of failing to RB you. What's the name of that role again?

point 1. his pm scan ability is for even cycles so it has to be n2 :P. and smh i blocked shining n1 (shining started speaking of conversion very early in the game, wanted to prevent a conversion if he had a conversion role) and mat n2 i swearrrr grrr. >:(

26 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Wait! @|TJ|! No way you can RB the same player twice in a row! That would be nearly as unbalanced as Goalkeepers protecting the same player twice in a row! Maybe they had to trade off? This implies Mat is village then.

i can actually. if the elim who blocked you has the same role as me - wall-poster, then the person who blocked you n2 is likely the same person who blocked you n3 (ash, mat, shining, biplet, sart). we could have a trolled!multiquoter (i dont remember if someone copied xinos role) on you to prevent your blocking as we would be able to see who targeted you. i can also volunteer to troll!roleblock you so you get your troll on randby. 

@Biplet, did you get a successful scan in n2?

also we have a tieguy this cycle too right? i wanted to change to biplet too. but if tie guy is there id stay on archer. 

Okay, willing to extend TJ some mercy after that post. Perhaps naively, that felt tonally village + there is the fact he claimed Wallposter in the first place. I'm of the mind that no e!RBer would actually claim, especially when not even under pressure.

I could see an E!Archer, v!TJ world, maybe? I just wonder why e!Archer would Spider v!TJ on N2. @Araris Valerian, did you and Archer talk about who to scan before he did?

ED1T:

Still feel certain about e!Biplet. Elims could have gotten a free kill from me last night.

ED2T:

Suppose that e!Sart and/or e!JNV could work too, since I also mentioned them as potential targets. Bip more likely tho.

Edited by Amanuensis

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Still feel certain about e!Biplet. Elims could have gotten a free kill from me last night.

there was ample time before the end of cycle after you claimed to kill biplet?

and jnv has been lurking a lot. i suppose he could be trying to catch up but... its not the first time ive observed. 

So I'm here but sorta just lurking without anything to add, just general agreement with a lot of what's being said lol

JNV I do village read but the only reason I do is because they scanned me and that could easily have been a pocket attempt so idk. If you want to scan me again to put your minds at peace, go ahead, but I don't think that necessarily clears JNV. Just lowers the priority of their exe.

10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

In his favor. My general take is that elims are more informed than villagers. The whole PM reads like he's a villager (or trying really hard to pocket me, I suppose).

Matches my consistent village reads of Archer, just getting paranoid. If v!Archer and v!TJ, I guess I need to look into Ash, Mat, Silho, and Steel more.

8 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

there was ample time before the end of cycle after you claimed to kill biplet?

and jnv has been lurking a lot. i suppose he could be trying to catch up but... its not the first time ive observed. 

About four hours:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

So I'm here but sorta just lurking without anything to add, just general agreement with a lot of what's being said lol

JNV I do village read but the only reason I do is because they scanned me and that could easily have been a pocket attempt so idk. If you want to scan me again to put your minds at peace, go ahead, but I don't think that necessarily clears JNV. Just lowers the priority of their exe.

So who elim then -_- Ash? Silho?

Edited by Amanuensis

ALIGNMENTS:

ROLES:

Well, @Sart is the only player not to have a claim. Except UPS, but yeah asterisk there. 

I also still don't believe Discussion Leader, but I guess we can wait and see. 

@Devotary of Spontaneity, can you confirm that you only had the one role? I'm getting nervous that we should be looking for two on each.

Edit: AHHHH FORMATTING HELP ONE SECOND

Edited by Ashbringer

assuming 5-6 elims in a 25 member-game, weve already got 1, leaving 4-5 - 

from orloks eight, 2 from - ash, silho, archer, mat, steel

from the rest, 2-3 from - jnv, biplet, sart [assuming loads of villagers - wizard, fadran, araris, aman, drake, orlok, rby, fae]

huh, the rest is more narrow than orloks eight lmao. granted loads of village assumptions, but all reasonable to make no? anyone think anyone in the village pile is not village? biplet archer

Oh. Well, let me do surgery to fix the eldritch spoiler boxes and I'll try to get that in

ALIGNMENTS:

Spoiler
  • Aman - Village - From Striker Lynchbait Scan
  • Striker - Village - From Bookwyrm N1 Scan
  • Wizard - Village - From Fae 'SE Buddy' role
  • Orlok - Village - From Bookwyrm N2 Scan, backed up by Araris antitroll.
  • Mat - Village - From UPS Scan
  • Araris - Village - From Bookwyrm N3 Scan
  • Tani - Elim - Claimed
  • Shining - Elim - Claimed (jokingly?)
  • 2 Elims in pool of Mat/Drake/Ash/Shining/TJ/Archer/Steel/TKN

ROLES:

Spoiler
  • Ashbringer - Thread Master (Immune to Execution), ???  Veteran (Removes one vote from self)
  • Wizard - PM Spider (Creates a 1-on-1 PM on Odd Nights and learns a fact about a target on Even Nights (incorrect fact if Trolled) ) 
  • Steeldancer - Pinch Hitter (Copy the Role of a Removed/DDoSed player (does something interesting if Trolled) )
  • Fadran - Troll (may Troll players, gives a random player Troll Immunity next cycle if Trolled), Confirmed Villager (Always scans as Village) (Seems concerned about someone who's trying to incite a civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice to complete the nationwide transmutation circle in order to create a sufficiently powerful philosopher's stone and attain God)
  • Striker - Lynchbait (Will place an Extra Vote on a random player who both had a vote on the Lynchbait at the 24 hour mark of the previous Day turn and is of the same alignment), Stab Voter (If your first vote is placed in the first 24 hours of a Day turn and does not change, it counts as double)
  • xino - Multiquoter (Learn target's target (learn who targeted the target if Trolled) )
  • JNV - UPS Driver / PM Spider (Creates a 1-on-1 PM on Odd Nights and learns a fact about a target on Even Nights (incorrect fact if Trolled) ) 
  • Matrim's Dice - Tunnel Constructor (Force execution to either kill you or a target player)
  • Biplet - Meme Maker (Can see if a target gets Trolled (false info if Trolled) )
  • Araris - Meme Maker (Can see if a target gets Trolled (false info if Trolled) ), Porch-Sitter (Added vote to self, more powerful other effect) 
  • Devotary - RPer (May copy one of target player's roles to use the next turn (temporarily grants the RPer role to the Troll (or the target?) if Trolled) )
  • Amanuensis - Goalkeeper (Protect target other player (turned to a Kill if Trolled) ), Troll (may Troll players, gives a random player Troll Immunity next cycle if Trolled... I think)
  • TKN - Goalkeeper (Protect target other player (turned to a Kill if Trolled) )
  • The Bookwyrm - Analyst (Alignment Scan someone you voted for or who voted on you last turn (incorrect alignment if Trolled)
  • Tani - RPer (May copy one of target player's roles to use the next turn (temporarily grants the RPer role to the Troll (or the target?) if Trolled) )
  • Archer - PM Spider (Creates a 1-on-1 PM on Odd Nights and learns a fact about a target on Even Nights (incorrect fact if Trolled) ) 
  • Walin - Troll (may Troll players, gives a random player Troll Immunity next cycle if Trolled... I think)
  • TJ - Wallposter (Roleblock target player (Makes target immune to non-Troll Disruption if Trolled) )
  • Dannnnnex - Tie Guy (Learn alignments of players involved in a tie (need specifics, ??? If Trolled)
  • _Stick_/Drake - Terminal Seeker (NK a target (protects the target if Trolled) )
  • Orlok - Pinch Hitter (Copy the Role of a Removed/DDoSed player (does something interesting if Trolled) )
  • RandBy - RPer (May copy one of target player's roles to use the next turn (temporarily grants the RPer role to the Troll (or the target?) if Trolled) ), Tunnel Constructor (Force execution to either kill you or a target player)
  • Sart - ???
  • Shining - Discussion Leader (Move a vote)
  • Fae - PM Spider (Creates a 1-on-1 PM on Odd Nights and learns a fact about a target on Even Nights (incorrect fact if Trolled) ), SE Buddy (Automatically know one Villager is Village at game start)

We're missing an Elim Roleblocker.

Is that better?

Edited by Ashbringer
please don't break again

Biplet (4): Amanuensis, Matrim's Dice, Araris Valerian, |TJ|
|TJ| (2): DrakeMarshall, Ashbringer
Archer (1): Shining Silhouette
Steeldancer (1): Archer

4 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

assuming 5-6 elims in a 25 member-game, weve already got 1, leaving 4-5 - 

from orloks eight, 2 from - ash, silho, archer, mat, steel

from the rest, 2-3 from - jnv, biplet, sart [assuming loads of villagers - wizard, fadran, araris, aman, drake, orlok, rby, fae]

huh, the rest is more narrow than orloks eight lmao. granted loads of village assumptions, but all reasonable to make no? anyone think anyone in the village pile is not village? biplet archer

I've had the same village pile, yeah, which is maybe a good look for you here too? I'm a lil paranoid e!"Village"!Orlok but we need @Steeldancer to confirm if he got the Tie Guy role from Danex before I consider that possibility further

ED1T:

Ninja'd :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Oh. Well, let me do surgery to fix the eldritch spoiler boxes and I'll try to get that in

ROLES:

Spoiler

ALIGNMENTS:

Spoiler

Is that better?

Yes, but also not completely since now you switched ROLES and ALIGNMENTS :P

Edited by Amanuensis

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

So who elim then -_- Ash? Silho?

Either of those certainly could be imo. Ash's claim strikes me as awfully convenient for him, but it's convenient for v!him as well. It works both ways, remember :P Shining... I just feel like there's no way he doesn't get eventually CSd and is therefore not my problem xD

Or, I mean, I can see e!JNV. Just probably wouldn't go there first.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Is that better?

Bit backwards, but yeah :P

Also for some reason I thought Randby and Fadran were clear, like clear clear. Someone tell me why I thought that and if I'm wrong :P.

RandBy's in the group of just being very helpful rolewise, but yeah hasn't been scanned. Though Tani was also an RPer. Unless she just claimed that to let RandBy get away with things in which case we may have pain later.

Fadran's not clear but that Confirmed Villager role would be mean on an Elim. Could also get the role confirmed by RandBy eventually. (Same with me, kinda.)

smh mat is toooo indecisive this game >>

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Fadran's not clear but that Confirmed Villager role would be mean on an Elim.

e!fadran with that role had no reason to reveal it to us though. by revealing it to us he has made us cautious and aware that scans could hit an evil confirmed villager. shows village tendency to share important info. 

Just now, |TJ| said:

smh mat is toooo indecisive this game >>

Give me pity, I've never played flipless and I'm no good at mech analysis >>

Just now, |TJ| said:

e!fadran with that role had no reason to reveal it to us though. by revealing it to us he has made us cautious and aware that scans could hit an evil confirmed villager. shows village tendency to share important info. 

Or e!tendency to share info and get trusted, and also put paranoia onto all the villagers that got cleared? Like I think as an elim I'd be scared of the huge amount of clears happening, and it'd be worth claiming that. Occam's Razor disagrees with that theory though.